Syria 2012

Werbung:
I do not think Turkey will attack Syria. It is a secular country trying to get in the EU. It would have too much to lose geting involved in an Arab war. It might help the rebels with arms and sanctuary but that all. No European country besides Russia would get in involve in such a war directly but might help the same way as Turkey.

its already said no war, but will cut off power to Syria ( it supplies about 10% of its power) and will be watching its border aggressively. Syrian helicopters violated its airspace multiple times already this year...Turkey will not bend over though as it has major security risks in the area with Kurds and also with Iran knocked down a peg would be even more powerful in the middle east.

Syria is killing its people...well more then 1000 now...

So?

Its shooting down Other Nations planes in International airspace...Only a few years ago Israel had to bomb a "nuclear" site...it has known Chem and Bio Weapons....We went to war with Iraq over WMD and when they found non..they cried well would you rather have him back in power?...

If it shot down an American plane I would have a different reaction.

So why is the RIght so Silent on Syria?

Because Iraq was a mistake, and Democrats would pounce on the opportunity to make Republicans out as hungry for more war in an election year.

Where are the war Drums?

In Syria I suppose.

I mean you want to hit Iran but your to much of a wimp to take on its Proxy even?

No one wants to strike Iran over an issue of killing their citizens. No one cares about that.

I thought you where the pro life party...where is the protection of there lives?

American lives come first.

Maybe if they where Christians being killed you would care more?

If they are American, they come first.

The Right seems pretty willing to sit back and watch and no do anything...is this the Republican plan to deal with this?

What is it that you propose?

So?

If it shot down an American plane I would have a different reaction.

Because Iraq was a mistake, and Democrats would pounce on the opportunity to make Republicans out as hungry for more war in an election year.

In Syria I suppose.

No one wants to strike Iran over an issue of killing their citizens. No one cares about that.

American lives come first.

If they are American, they come first.

What is it that you propose?
If Ameicans come first then I suspect they will not get involve in Syria or Iran. The USAa has not won a war for fifty years.

If Ameicans come first then I suspect they will not get involve in Syria or Iran. The USAa has not won a war for fifty years.

You erroneously equate "war" to "getting involved." One can easily argue that the United States has not been in a "war" in fifty years. When American interests are at stake, we act.

American interests always come first.

You erroneously equate "war" to "getting involved." One can easily argue that the United States has not been in a "war" in fifty years. When American interests are at stake, we act.

American interests always come first.

Come on you really want to try to play that card...and pretend Iraq, Vietnam, Iraq again, Korea...where what " police actions" you can argue that , but you can argue that a can of pop is a BMW...its just stupid to do it.

And its almost true what he said...for major wars have have a poor record...we lost Nam we at best Tied in Korea...Iraq from a Military standpoint we won...though long term I think it turns into a Iran Proxy and we lose. Afghanistan ..we beat the Taliban but hard to say we have won the war. Of course we have the little Regan having to show his manhood war where we took over a piss ant island but thats not really much.

Come on you really want to try to play that card...and pretend Iraq, Vietnam, Iraq again, Korea...where what " police actions" you can argue that , but you can argue that a can of pop is a BMW...its just stupid to do it.

And its almost true what he said...for major wars have have a poor record...we lost Nam we at best Tied in Korea...Iraq from a Military standpoint we won...though long term I think it turns into a Iran Proxy and we lose. Afghanistan ..we beat the Taliban but hard to say we have won the war. Of course we have the little Regan having to show his manhood war where we took over a piss ant island but thats not really much.

The point is never did we "win" in some WWII sense of the word -- the point is did we acheive what we wanted and protect our interests.

The point is never did we "win" in some WWII sense of the word -- the point is did we acheive what we wanted and protect our interests.

so we fought Vietnam to let Vietnam fall anyway?
We tried to take over North Korea and failed...and called it a draw at the same point we started after China smacked us down...and that war never even truly ended.
Iraq the first time I would call a win...if you don't consider the 2nd war just a extension of it.
the 2nd Iraq war...I have no idea what the goal of the war was...since Bush CO changed it so often.
Afghanistan was to get rid of the Taliban and Afghanistan..and make it so they can't come back...We have not truly done any of the 3
Grenada was to show Regan had big balls...Make Republicans happy...Puff out our chest and say look we can do the equivalent of a grown man beating up a 2 year old.

so we fought Vietnam to let Vietnam fall anyway?
We tried to take over North Korea and failed...and called it a draw at the same point we started after China smacked us down...and that war never even truly ended.
Iraq the first time I would call a win...if you don't consider the 2nd war just a extension of it.
the 2nd Iraq war...I have no idea what the goal of the war was...since Bush CO changed it so often.
Afghanistan was to get rid of the Taliban and Afghanistan..and make it so they can't come back...We have not truly done any of the 3
Grenada was to show Regan had big balls...Make Republicans happy...Puff out our chest and say look we can do the equivalent of a grown man beating up a 2 year old.

Almost complete ignorance of history.
You ought to study a bit before you spew out this level of inane vitriol that is un-American and pisses a lot of veterans--like me--off.
You probably ought to head east or west until you find an ocean--and GTFO.

You don't know shit from shinola.

Almost complete ignorance of history.
You ought to study a bit before you spew out this level of inane vitriol that is un-American and pisses a lot of veterans--like me--off.
You probably ought to head east or west until you find an ocean--and GTFO.

You don't know shit from shinola.
Big Rob and Johnny Tremain, I am am yet to hear of any specific actions except perhaps Grenda, that advance American status. I have great sympathy for the men and women who fought in Vietnam, Korea and the Middle East. They were serving their country by going where their country sent them. It is not their fault that the government did not win. They won the military operation but lost the political discussions that led to the results.The American government is not respected in Vietnam. You only have to go to the war museum in HO CHI Minh city to see that. The USA is condemned at the first country in warfare to destroy agriculture land with Argent Orange and also the lives of many people. Vietnam ,Laos and Cambodia are liter with unexploded bombs. This is not the result of the soldiers. They are respected for their bravery . Many Vietnamese have help find the lost bodies of allied soldiers.
The same will apply in the Middle East. We might leave some lasting legacies like schools, hospitals and roads. But we will leave Iraq, Afghanistan divided under Tailban rule and with a lost generation. The USA and allies will not be wanted there and Russia ,China and Iran will be welcome.
We might have got rid of Bin Laden and his supporters. But we will not leave behind leaders favourable to the west either.

History shows few wars are completely successful to either side. Sometimes doing nothing as we could have in WW2 would lead to a worst result. However I am not so sure about the wars of the last 50 years...

Big Rob and Johnny Tremain, I am am yet to hear of any specific actions except perhaps Grenda, that advance American status. I have great sympathy for the men and women who fought in Vietnam, Korea and the Middle East. They were serving their country by going where their country sent them. It is not their fault that the government did not win. They won the military operation but lost the political discussions that led to the results.The American government is not respected in Vietnam. You only have to go to the war museum in HO CHI Minh city to see that. The USA is condemned at the first country in warfare to destroy agriculture land with Argent Orange and also the lives of many people. Vietnam ,Laos and Cambodia are liter with unexploded bombs. This is not the result of the soldiers. They are respected for their bravery . Many Vietnamese have help find the lost bodies of allied soldiers.
The same will apply in the Middle East. We might leave some lasting legacies like schools, hospitals and roads. But we will leave Iraq, Afghanistan divided under Tailban rule and with a lost generation. The USA and allies will not be wanted there and Russia ,China and Iran will be welcome.
We might have got rid of Bin Laden and his supporters. But we will not leave behind leaders favourable to the west either.

History shows few wars are completely successful to either side. Sometimes doing nothing as we could have in WW2 would lead to a worst result. However I am not so sure about the wars of the last 50 years...
Here are photoes taken in Ho Chi Minh city. The Old presdental palace nowReunification Palace Ho Chi Minh.jpg the re unification palace,

Were there many pictures and stories of the atrocities that North Vietnamese soldiers did while murdering women and children in the lust for communism? Both in the North and South. Did the elucidate their crimes? There were IMMENSE.

Attempts to stop that is what started the whole damn conflict, in large measure.

Whatever happen at the start of the war it ended with Pop Pot killing millions of Cambodia. Pop Pot was a communist but it was the Vietnamese Communist army that stop him.

Attachments

• Veitnam 001.jpg
    Veitnam 001.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 2
Werbung:
Back