Public Schools - Indoctrination Centers

Werbung:
Really ....

Seems to me the college has a problem with the First Amendment.

I do not recall reading in the First Amendment where one's Freedom of Speech was subjected to another's time and place!
Which is most likely why the college administration did not support the the prohibition.

Hmm ...

How did that "support" work out for Robert Van Tuinen?

Ideas/Support and reality are often two completely different things. I prefer to stick to reality myself!

Hmm ...

How did that "support" work out for Robert Van Tuinen?

Ideas/Support and reality are often two completely different things. I prefer to stick to reality myself!
I'd say it worked out quite well for him. He got the media attention he wanted, and is no doubt back in class enjoying his few minutes of fame.

I am not sure violating his 1st Amendment right was worth a few minutes of fame ....
Of course it was. He made a point that he otherwise would never have made. Had he been allowed to continue to hand out Constitutions, would you have ever even heard of him? Now, next time he decides to hand out Constitutions, or Bibles, or whatever has been deemed controversial, he'll be allowed to do it. He just struck a blow for freedom, and it cost him only whatever he paid for the Constitutions.

So ..... gutting American literature is a good idea?

Don't legal documents, checks, credit cards, etc. still require a "signature"?

How many letters and primary documents just from American history are written in cursive? I suppose it is not important for our children to be able to read these ..... well, considering we now have Common Core to interpret them for us!

Cursive .... hieroglyphics ... who cares ..... it's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo lost history that's not relevant anymore anyway ... right?
Dont see much literature in cursive. Or anything else fir that matter. And given the changes over the past few hundred years many would have trouble

Kid knew there were regulations regarding this and was trying to make a point. But the point is moot as he was not in a public place and by his enrollment agreed to those regs. He would have had more impact by ysing hus free speech appt to question why he required an appt.

‘Is This America?’: Parent ‘Manhandled’, Arrested While Speaking Out Against Common Core at Public Forum

A parent in Towson, Md., was arrested Thursday night at a public forum after vocally expressing his concerns about the Baltimore County School District’s plan to use Common Core standards in its curriculum.

Robert Small, a concerned father, was forcefully removed from the meeting by a police officer after he interrupted Baltimore County Schools Superintendent Dallas Dance during the question-and-answer portion of the forum.

Now, next time he decides to hand out Constitutions, or Bibles, or whatever has been deemed controversial, he'll be allowed to do it.

I can't believe you said that. What in your opinion is controversial about the constitution? It's a school, and it was "constitution day".

Now kids hand out fliers to after school parties and such and I bet there would have been no big deal made about that.

I can't believe you said that. What in your opinion is controversial about the constitution? It's a school, and it was "constitution day".

Now kids hand out fliers to after school parties and such and I bet there would have been no big deal made about that.
It must have been deemed controversial by someone, or he wouldn't have been told not to distribute them.

Werbung:
What, a school indoctrination center deeming the US Constitution controversial? Denying students their 1st Amendment Rights? Surely not ........
No, no, that's not what I said.
The only ones deeming the Constitution controversial were the campus security. The administration sided with the student.

Now, I'd be willing to bet that, should the Constitution be up for a vote today, a lot of Americans would vote against it.

Back