Public Schools - Indoctrination Centers

Well, you never know just what those Texas schools are going to use to revise history. This book obviously does have some serious flaws.
Common Core, PLC1 ..... the communist agenda ..... not the State of Texas ..... Texas citizens are the ones pointing out this leftist "revision of history" BS!

Werbung:
They can pray all they want, privately and voluntarily. What they can't do is broadcast it over the speaker system for everyone.
No one is advocating broadcasting religion over the speakers ....

War on Football: TX School District Bans Christian Banners at Football Games

This is a blatant example of unConstitutionally preventing the free exercise thereof!

Oh. So, you don't believe in the schools practicing religion. Maybe we're on the same side of the argument after all.
You seemed to be unable to discern the different between Congress making a law respecting an establishment of religion, and prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

I am growing bored with repeating myself and continuing to post examples in this debate when it is apparent you simply do not possess the intellect to understand this critical difference.

I wonder how that book became an acceptable text in that school district.

Here is the Amazon link. It has hundreds of negative reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/United-States-History-Preparing-Examination/dp/1567656609
Well ...

According to PLC1 this was the Texas schools using these text books to revise history. Despite the Common Core ties and despite it was the citizens of Texas who pointed out this leftist nonsense.

But, then again, PLC1 is not exactly known for any logic in his post ..... :rolleyes:

No one is advocating broadcasting religion over the speakers ....

War on Football: TX School District Bans Christian Banners at Football Games

This is a blatant example of unConstitutionally preventing the free exercise thereof!

You seemed to be unable to discern the different between Congress making a law respecting an establishment of religion, and prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

I am growing bored with repeating myself and continuing to post examples in this debate when it is apparent you simply do not possess the intellect to understand this critical difference.
I see you must be getting frustrated with this conversation, as you are now starting to substitute large text for reason.

I thought you were against all of the sorts of examples of practicing religion found in Cruella's link. Now, you seem to think that banning christian banners at football games is somehow anti football, or perhaps anti religion or something. Would you feel the same about Muslim banners?

What's the difference? If government entities can't practice Islam, then they can't practice Christianity or Hinduism, or Buddhism or anything else either.

Well ...

According to PLC1 this was the Texas schools using these text books to revise history. Despite the Common Core ties and despite it was the citizens of Texas who pointed out this leftist nonsense.

But, then again, PLC1 is not exactly known for any logic in his post ..... :rolleyes:
Texas high school history book revised the 2nd Amendment

A textbook currently in use in a Texas high school is under scrutiny for how it addresses the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Here is a thoughtful post from another forum about the book in question:

I have reviewed the actual document found here (see page 102):

http://www.conejo.k12.ca.us/Portals/...otay/Amsco.pdf

The section quoted is a "summary" of what each clause of the Bill of Rights is interpreted to mean:

Here is a summary of the rights guaranteed in each amendment:
FIRST AMENDMENT. Congress may make no laws that infringe a citizen's right to freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Congress may not favor one religion over another (Separation of church and state).
SECOND AMENDMENT.The people have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia.Clearly a limited and biased interpretation, especially since it was produced after the SCOTUS Heller decision in 2008, but before the Scotus McDonald decision in 2010.

The summary should be corrected to reflect the current Constitutional interpretation of the 2nd Amendment as an individual right separate from the necessity of milita membership (Heller) which has been incorporated under the 14th Amendment as applicable to the States (McDonald).

See:

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010)http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf

good riddance
So ..... gutting American literature is a good idea?

Don't legal documents, checks, credit cards, etc. still require a "signature"?

How many letters and primary documents just from American history are written in cursive? I suppose it is not important for our children to be able to read these ..... well, considering we now have Common Core to interpret them for us!

Cursive .... hieroglyphics ... who cares ..... it's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo lost history that's not relevant anymore anyway ... right?

good riddance

Why? Don't most documents require signatures?

I can write something in cursive at least 3 Xs faster in cursive than print it. Probably even faster. If my kids didn't learn cursive in school, I would teach them anyway. How could anyone ever read original documents or letters from grandma if they couldn't read it. And I seriously doubt if you don't learn to write it, that you'll ever be able to read it. Big mistake.

Kids do need to be able to read cursive writing and to write a signature. Beyond that, there is no purpose for cursive writing. Any serious writing is done on a word processor now. Keyboarding is a much more valuable skill.

Times change. We don't teach kids to use a slide rule any more either.

California college bars student from handing out copies of Constitution

The Constitution guarantees the right to free speech, but don’t try to pass out copies of it at Modesto Junior College in California.

A student at the school who tried to pass out pocket-size pamphlets of the very document that memorializes our rights got shut down on Sept. 17 – a date also known as Constitution Day. Campus authorities told Robert Van Tuinen, who caught the whole thing on videotape, he could only pass out the free documents at a tiny designated spot on campus, and only then if he scheduled it several days in advance.

Werbung:
California college bars student from handing out copies of Constitution

The Constitution guarantees the right to free speech, but don’t try to pass out copies of it at Modesto Junior College in California.

A student at the school who tried to pass out pocket-size pamphlets of the very document that memorializes our rights got shut down on Sept. 17 – a date also known as Constitution Day. Campus authorities told Robert Van Tuinen, who caught the whole thing on videotape, he could only pass out the free documents at a tiny designated spot on campus, and only then if he scheduled it several days in advance.

Sounds to me like over zealous security personnel.

From the Modesto Bee:

“The administration of the YCCD supports the peaceful distribution of the Constitution and other materials on campus, which is why our colleges support Constitution Day with activities each year,” Stavrianoudakis said.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/09/19/2930225/mjc-halt-of-constitution-handout.html#storylink=cpy

Back