Public Schools - Indoctrination Centers

There is more to this story than just raising the bar.

I am surprised that you would believe a total take over by the federal government would solve or even help anything.
firstly its not the federal governmeht and second the notion of total takeover is unsupported. I am VERY concerned that we fail kids so badly with schooling when we can least afford it. the people are bitching for all the wrong reasons, the ultimate day late dollar short.

Werbung:
Common Core critics warn of fuzzy math and less fiction

If the new national Common Core educational standards influence curriculum the way some fear they will, students can say goodbye to literary classics and hello to fuzzy math, say critics.

The Common Core State Standards initiative, a plan devised by the nation's governors and backed by the Obama administration, seeks to set a uniform standard for grades K-12, to ensure kids all over the nation reach the same minimum level of learning. Some 45 states, in many cases enticed by federal grants, have signed on and testing of students in grades 3-8 and once in high school is scheduled to begin next year.

Maybe it's not called a "federal plan or take-over" but that's exactly what it is shaping up to be.

Common Core critics warn of fuzzy math and less fiction

If the new national Common Core educational standards influence curriculum the way some fear they will, students can say goodbye to literary classics and hello to fuzzy math, say critics.

The Common Core State Standards initiative, a plan devised by the nation's governors and backed by the Obama administration, seeks to set a uniform standard for grades K-12, to ensure kids all over the nation reach the same minimum level of learning. Some 45 states, in many cases enticed by federal grants, have signed on and testing of students in grades 3-8 and once in high school is scheduled to begin next year.

Maybe it's not called a "federal plan or take-over" but that's exactly what it is shaping up to be.
mind showing me in the Common Core curriculum about this fuzzy math ? to tell you the truth, our reading comprehension is so bad now that a little more emphasis on basic communication would be welcome relative to dialing back literature. you will never "get" literature if you dont understand the language.

mind showing me in the Common Core curriculum about this fuzzy math ?
It's within the math standards that focuses on investigative math. This is what the critics are saying. Investigative math has been an absolute disaster in the states that are attempting to implement these standards in anticipation for the new Common Core Standards.

Perhaps you should read the news article I posted. You will not find these disastrous plans in the Common Core curriculum. Sure, it's a he said she said situation if you choose to consider what the critics are saying.

But, maybe you should consider the results the states are having who have already began implementing this crap.

This is the way I see Common Core. It is the brainchild of DC, it will be controlled by DC and funded by DC. Yes it has the cover and blessings of some Governor's organization, with the carrot of funding, and it's "for the kids". Mainly because it's against federal law for DC to dictate what and how schools can teach, so it has to have the Governor's blessings. It is another Federal Trojan horse, just like Obamacare.

It doesn't go into effect until 2014, although some schools have already started to implement it. So far, the only elements are math and english. Schools can only add/change no more than 15% to it. I think that is in the suggested reading part.

They also have to use the materials that will be coming out of DC. There is a CC contract on line to this effect, which states that have to take it 100% and can't change any of it. I'm also wondering, if down the road, a state decides it no longer wants CC standards, if they can even get out of it.

As far as the argument about "better" standards, that is not true. If anything, the CC standards will be lower than what some schools are already teaching, but they will be higher in other schools. The schools that are already struggling with poor results, will fall even lower, and the schools that are higher, will go lower. We don't know at this point how it's going to turn out. But it will be a federal curriculum. So far, it only has the two elements. Per my understanding, they still have to add the social studies and history programs to it. Those will be telling.

It's also my understanding, that the man who authored CC is not a teacher, nor has he ever taught kids before. He has also put out videos, telling teachers "how" to teach, which even some California teachers are now complaining about.

We have only just begun to hear about common core. But for me, it is the feds bypassing of federal laws to take control of another aspect of society, and to dictate what they learn, including the texts and how they learn it. Private schools, and homeschoolers are not exempted from this either.

The SAT tests are being changed to the CC curriculum. There will also be a lot of personal information required on each student, that has nothing to do with their education. All of this will be cataloged in some government computer

Last edited:
I prefer to reference actual as opposed to opinion.

I've been reading about CC for over a year. A lot of what I posted is actual. Bit's of it are all over the internet, but not all in one article.

There are both the pro and con versions. It's a lot to sift through. But the real test will be in the pudding, and the pudding isn't made yet.

I've been reading about CC for over a year. A lot of what I posted is actual. Bit's of it are all over the internet, but not all in one article.

There are both the pro and con versions. It's a lot to sift through. But the real test will be in the pudding, and the pudding isn't made yet.

Certainly there will something of a bell curve of opinion pieces, there always are. But still i think its helpfull to go straight to the source if for no other reason than to trust but verify.

But still i think its helpfull to go straight to the source if for no other reason than to trust but verify.

You mean like Obamacare? It hasn't been implemented yet either, yet the majority of people are against it.

You mean like Obamacare? It hasn't been implemented yet either, yet the majority of people are against it.
yes, they are as they were before it passed but that didnt stop the donkeys did it. and those that did take the time to look at it knew exactly what was awful about it before it ever took effect.

yes, they are as they were before it passed but that didnt stop the donkeys did it. and those that did take the time to look at it knew exactly what was awful about it before it ever took effect.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...schools-adopt-common-core-foundation/2748875/

Some conservative groups and other opponents of the new academic standards see the Common Core as an attempt by the federal government to co-opt education.
"This comes across as another large-scale centralized program to try and improve education, and it comes at the expense of parents, taxpayers and educators who are trying to have a voice as to what is taught in their schools," said Lindsey Burke, an education fellow at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank in Washington. "The last thing we need are standards being set in Washington at the expense of state and local control of education."

Bill Ayers and Obama’s Federal School Curriculum

There is tons more out there if you want to find it.

Werbung:
Back