Public Schools - Indoctrination Centers

Of course I was aware of proposition 227 the "English for the Children" initiative. When it passed, I was assigned to a bilingual class, and so that proposition changed my job assignment.

I'm also aware of the different sorts of classes taught under the generic term "bilingual education", and that some of them are based on sound research, while others are grossly flawed. There isn't enough space or time to adequately discuss bilingual education in an internet forum.

What this issue has to do with "liberal indoctrination" is what escapes me.
Were you aware of the debates pro and con?

Werbung:
Uproar Over High School Textbook’s 36 Pages of Content About Islam Continues — But Will This New Plan Temper the Storm?

Parents in Florida are raging over a high school textbook they say contains too much emphasis on Islam and not enough on Christianity.

To try and quell the anger, leaders at Brevard Public Schools have decided to add a supplemental guide to accompany the “World History” book by publisher Prentice Hall.

Detailing the fix Tuesday night, the school board said it will assemble a local committee of experts to create a guide so that the content about Islam is balanced with more diverse content.

The issue surrounding the “World History” book, however, extends beyond the district, with 50 percent of Florida ninth graders apparently using it in class over the past three years. Politicians and others who have reviewed the book claim that it includes 36 pages on Islam, but only three paragraphs on Christianity.

Additionally, some critics say Islam is favored and given a platform not afforded to other religious constructs — for one, students are prompted to read the Koran but not the Christian Bible. Conservative commentator Todd Starnes has said the book refers to Muhammad, Islam’s most famed prophet, as a “messenger of God.”

Additionally, some critics say Islam is favored and given a platform not afforded to other religious constructs — for one, students are prompted to read the Koran but not the Christian Bible.

It also refers to Christian battles as being massacres and Islamic battles as being take-overs.

Were you aware of the debates pro and con?

Absolutely.

I was also aware that the slogan "English for the Children" was far more powerful than any real debate in getting the measure passed. Who could be against children learning English in t he USA?

Poll: Majority of Americans Have Never Heard of Common Core

Close to two-thirds of the American public doesn’t know what Common Core is, according to a recent poll. The Obama administration has been pushing the education initiative that seeks to achieve a core curriculum in the nation’s schools, despite strong resistance from several states.

The poll found that 62 percent of respondents had never heard of Common Core, and even among parents with children in public schools K-12, only 45 percent of parents had heard of it.

That is someone with an agenda talking about the common core. What in the common core itself represents favoring Islam over Christianity? What constitutes "liberal indoctrination?" Again, what in the common core itself is a problem?

other than the fact that it exists. Each state should have its own curriculum, which, for the most part, is the way it is.
Well .... perhaps you should continue reading the common core website and embrace the propaganda .... or you can listen to what teachers across America are saying and do a little research of your own ....

Well .... perhaps you should continue reading the common core website and embrace the propaganda .... or you can listen to what teachers across America are saying and do a little research of your own ....
I did read the Common Core website, aka did a little research, as well as those of several of the states you are concerned about for signs of indoctrination and found none. Posted some for your consideration and the answer is blogs and the like.
Horse's mouth just aint demonstrating what you are making a case for.

Poll: Majority of Americans Have Never Heard of Common Core

Close to two-thirds of the American public doesn’t know what Common Core is, according to a recent poll. The Obama administration has been pushing the education initiative that seeks to achieve a core curriculum in the nation’s schools, despite strong resistance from several states.

The poll found that 62 percent of respondents had never heard of Common Core, and even among parents with children in public schools K-12, only 45 percent of parents had heard of it.

Hey Texas, do you mind if I ask who you like for Lt. Gov in Texas?

I did.
I've researched the common core, as well as the California State Standards (California's part of the common core) If there is anything in there that teaches that Islam is better than Christianity, or if there is anything that indoctrinates kids into any ideology, I haven't found it.

Now, you and your blogger say that there is, so show it, quote it, show me what I've missed, but do it from the primary source.

Now, you and your blogger say that there is, so show it, quote it, show me what I've missed, but do it from the primary source.
My blogger .... really PLC1 ....

I gave you a link ... which you yourself should be able to understand or discredit .....

You will not find what I am saying at the official site .....

Is this really a surprise to you?

Werbung:

You will not find what I am saying at the official site .....

The "official site" being the actual text of the common core curriculum.

.Is this really a surprise to you?

No, not at all. I said all along that what you said wasn't there. What you quoted was just what someone else says that it says, not what it actually says.

Back