War in the middle east

Werbung:
The continuation of slavery during the execution of the Declaration of Independence was an agonizing compromise dictated by historical necessity. However, it's imperative to recognize that the perceived necessity of this decision doesn't absolve it of moral and ethical condemnation. Rather, it forces us to confront the stark realities of a time when the United States was on the cusp of existence, facing an agonizing choice.

Immediate abolition of slavery was undeniably the morally right, humane, and compassionate path. Yet, in the crucible of the American Revolution, this path was perceived as fraught with risks that could have potentially sabotaged the very birth of the nation. It was an excruciating moral trade-off.

To contextualize this morally indefensible compromise, we must understand that the historical landscape was marred by economic dependencies on slavery, deep-seated political divisions, and a volatile pursuit of independence from the British Empire. The stark truth is that a sudden, uncompromising end to slavery might have jeopardized the very survival of the fledgling American nation. In essence, the founders were faced with an appalling choice: preserve unity and economic stability, but at the cost of perpetuating an abhorrent system.

However, as we scrutinize this historical atrocity, we must never forget that this compromise does not absolve us of our moral obligation to condemn it. The continuance of slavery, even in the name of pragmatism, remains an irrevocable stain on our national history—a painful reminder of how deeply rooted injustice can become. It underscores the stark contrast between the high ideals of freedom and equality on which the United States was founded and the harsh reality of compromises made in its infancy.

Our history is one of progress and the ongoing struggle for justice and equality, and the eventual abolition of slavery represents the gradual awakening of the nation's conscience. While the immediate abolition of slavery was ethically mandatory, it was a bitter pill that was, at the time, too unpalatable to swallow. The promise of a better, more equitable America was deferred, but it was ultimately achieved through the relentless pursuit of justice by later generations.

This grim chapter in American history serves as a poignant reminder of the long and arduous path towards fulfilling the nation's founding ideals, and it underscores the undeniable imperative that morality and ethics should never be sacrificed in the pursuit of political expediency or economic stability.

F. Tide
Without the southern colonies there would never have been a Revolution and all that came from and after it. Period. Glass half full. Would slavery have ended in 1789 if there had been no Revolution? Would liberty as we define it exist in all the countries that have Constitutions patterned after ours? Would there have been a successful Revolution elsewhere with a better outcome than ours had we not proceeded the way we did? The French had an opportunity to duplicate ours. How did that work out? It's cheap to speak of woulda coulda shoulda and ASSUMING an altered line would have succeeded. The list of historic outcomes that hung in the balance based upon one teeny-weeny decision should be instructive to those who insist that complex things like assembling a successful coalition of states was possible in several forms and the Founders chose one over the others. There were no others. The anti-slavers did manage to get one major concession. The slaves' 3/5 vote insured that the south could not outvote the north using slave votes, as directed by his Master, in the years following the Revolution. Otherwise, there would never have been new states created without slavery. Glass half full.

By-the-way, I get tired of being pigeon-holed as failing to condemn slavery or any other characterization because I see history as incontrovertible. Man's inhumanity to man goes as far back, -and forward, as the eye can see. Most history needs to be discussed and understood as a product of the era in which it occurs, especially as opposed to judging it by one's own standards today. It's a pretty safe bet that none of us approve of slavery. My opinion wasn't operative in 1776 and I won't be held accountable for decisions made then.

Hers is something we all needed to red and pass on , if you support Hamas you are scum .

The one thing that I find glaring like the flames of Hell is how these absolutely terrible people think that someone will be drawn to support them after they proudly display children they murdered by beheading or burning alive? What does it say about this Religion of Peace? Maybe even worse, a soldier or whatever from almost any other nation would summarily shoot a compatriot who did this to children, but not in Islam.

We know that Islam permits a Muslim who is dealing with an infidel to lie, cheat, steal, murder and every other crime known to man if they believe it’s in their best interest. That is the opposite of civilization. A society is a group of people who agree upon a set of rules which grant mutual protection of person & property so they can all live in peace and safety. By their own Koran permissions it’s not possible for Muslims to join any society that is not entirely Islamic because they cannot be trusted with other people’s life or property.

The one thing that I find glaring like the flames of Hell is how these absolutely terrible people think that someone will be drawn to support them after they proudly display children they murdered by beheading or burning alive? What does it say about this Religion of Peace? Maybe even worse, a soldier or whatever from almost any other nation would summarily shoot a compatriot who did this to children, but not in Islam.

We know that Islam permits a Muslim who is dealing with an infidel to lie, cheat, steal, murder and every other crime known to man if they believe it’s in their best interest. That is the opposite of civilization. A society is a group of people who agree upon a set of rules which grant mutual protection of person & property so they can all live in peace and safety. By their own Koran permissions it’s not possible for Muslims to join any society that is not entirely Islamic because they cannot be trusted with other people’s life or property.
They do a lot of strange things for m having sex with kid beheading n baby's killing children and the elderly a massacre of them 1000 dead locked. Now what did they expect to happen a gift basket of fruit.
Go after the leader and cut their source of weapons and money .they will be easier and more timid easy to deal with like a bull that's been denuted

Great post. Just so you know I was at one time very close with a Muslim family from Syria.I have to say they were not radicals and felt stealing was wrong no matter what.They were loving caring and generous .
No I have been around others that were walking scum buckets I was Amazed at the difference. Sadly they are 2 few and often fail to speak up.
Only around 15 to 25 percent of Muslims are radical sadly that's about the same number of good ones.
Many people fail the comprehend how they think of and how 2 faced some can be.

Werbung:
Back