War in the middle east

In the context of the enduring Palestinian-Israeli conflict, a tumultuous struggle spanning millennia, long before even the rise of the Roman Empire, I feel compelled to express my perspective on this deeply rooted issue. My aim here is not to advocate for specific actions, but rather to convey my position in the hope of fostering understanding and meaningful dialogue, despite the historical complexities that have defined this region for over ten thousand years.

The Palestinian-Israeli conflict, with its roots stretching back to the dawn of recorded history, is steeped in an ancient tapestry of grievances, political tensions, religious disputes, and territorial claims. For over ten millennia, the peoples of this region have witnessed the rise and fall of empires, the ebb and flow of cultures, and the shifting sands of power. This enduring conflict is a testament to the indomitable human spirit and the resilient nature of the human experience.

Throughout this long history, there have been moments when the prospect of peaceful coexistence appeared elusive, and yet, it is crucial to recognize that during this extended time frame, there have also been instances of harmony and cooperation among the diverse communities in the region. The conflicts that have marred this land are by no means inevitable or insurmountable.

The recent intensification of violence in the context of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict once again underscores the profound human toll exacted by this ongoing struggle. Innocent civilians, including children and women, bear the heaviest burdens. Families are torn apart, lives are shattered, and futures denied. The pain and suffering endured by individuals and communities transcend national borders and beliefs.

In this ongoing battle, no one emerges as a true victor. The violence perpetuates a cycle of suffering, and it is my position that a shift towards empathy, understanding, and compassion is essential, even in the face of the historical backdrop that has perpetuated this conflict.

As someone not directly involved or from the region, I am but a brother to all of humanity. I plead my case as such, rooted in the shared responsibility we hold toward one another, irrespective of our diverse backgrounds or beliefs. Instead of advocating for specific actions, I extend a deep seated hope for open dialogue, understanding, and empathy. Through these means, I hope that one and all may begin to bridge the divides and collectively seek a just and lasting solution to this protracted conflict, with the hope that, even after ten thousand years of strife, peace is an attainable goal.

F. Tide
Nice sentiment, well put, but too far off the mark to be useful in the now. There is real, live, persistent evil present in Palestine and you can't bargain with evil because their intent is to destroy, not make the best of what is possible. For the Islam practiced in much of the Middle East there are only two possibilities: destroy the infidel or continue the fight. As long as this is true there can be no peace. Evil can be temporarily driven away, but only to regroup. Sooner, or later, Muslims will figure out they must kill everybody else, or everybody else will understand they must kill all Muslims. Or, Islam can reform itself into a civilized form as did the Catholic church after the Crusades, Inquisitions, et al and become compatible with the rest of the modern world. Outsiders can't do it for them. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but I won't live to see it.

Werbung:
Indeed there is not.

There is a difference between an excuse and a reason.

Remind me how many Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli war machine in the last 70 years

Comrade Stalin
Donbass
Black criminals in America have been killed by cops in many instances in which the thugs were in the wrong and the cops were just doing what cops are supposed to do. Likewise, Palestinian thugs, Hamas thugs, Jihadist thugs, ISIS thugs and other terrorists are killed by civilized people because of their uncivilized barbarism and senseless murders. If disgruntled people have gripes, they should never kill innocent people as if that will somehow give legitimacy to their gripes, because senseless atrocities do not give any legitimacy to anyone.

Lol the country was founded and run by Christians duh
The country had all those principles because the majority supported them duh

You just can't admit Christians did these things which is just pathetic on your part
Make up your mind. Was the US established by Christians on godly principles or not? Furthermore, if 90% or more God-honoring Christians opposed slavery does that mean we should blame Christianity for slavery? That would be like claiming all blacks are racist murderers because a small percentage of blacks murdered innocent whites for being white.

The U.S. had 395,216 slaveholders at that time, so about 1.4% of free people were classified as slave owners in the 1860 census, according to data archived by the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series at the University of Minnesota. That’s slightly different from the 1.6% in the July 11 Facebook post.

In the context of the enduring Palestinian-Israeli conflict, a tumultuous struggle spanning millennia, long before even the rise of the Roman Empire, I feel compelled to express my perspective on this deeply rooted issue. My aim here is not to advocate for specific actions, but rather to convey my position in the hope of fostering understanding and meaningful dialogue, despite the historical complexities that have defined this region for over ten thousand years.

The Palestinian-Israeli conflict, with its roots stretching back to the dawn of recorded history, is steeped in an ancient tapestry of grievances, political tensions, religious disputes, and territorial claims. For over ten millennia, the peoples of this region have witnessed the rise and fall of empires, the ebb and flow of cultures, and the shifting sands of power. This enduring conflict is a testament to the indomitable human spirit and the resilient nature of the human experience.

Throughout this long history, there have been moments when the prospect of peaceful coexistence appeared elusive, and yet, it is crucial to recognize that during this extended time frame, there have also been instances of harmony and cooperation among the diverse communities in the region. The conflicts that have marred this land are by no means inevitable or insurmountable.

The recent intensification of violence in the context of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict once again underscores the profound human toll exacted by this ongoing struggle. Innocent civilians, including children and women, bear the heaviest burdens. Families are torn apart, lives are shattered, and futures denied. The pain and suffering endured by individuals and communities transcend national borders and beliefs.

In this ongoing battle, no one emerges as a true victor. The violence perpetuates a cycle of suffering, and it is my position that a shift towards empathy, understanding, and compassion is essential, even in the face of the historical backdrop that has perpetuated this conflict.

As someone not directly involved or from the region, I am but a brother to all of humanity. I plead my case as such, rooted in the shared responsibility we hold toward one another, irrespective of our diverse backgrounds or beliefs. Instead of advocating for specific actions, I extend a deep seated hope for open dialogue, understanding, and empathy. Through these means, I hope that one and all may begin to bridge the divides and collectively seek a just and lasting solution to this protracted conflict, with the hope that, even after ten thousand years of strife, peace is an attainable goal.

F. Tide
Perhaps we could convince secularists that Hamas is doomed to fail because of Darwin's speculative assumption that savage races of humans will ultimately be destroyed by civilized races of humans. Darwin's racist views:

At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes, as professor Schaaffhausen has remarked, will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as now between the negro or Australian [aborigine]and the gorilla.
Darwin, Racism and Eugenics - CultureWatch (billmuehlenberg.com) 7-6-20

Make up your mind. Was the US established by Christians on godly principles or not? Furthermore, if 90% or more God-honoring Christians opposed slavery does that mean we should blame Christianity for slavery? That would be like claiming all blacks are racist murderers because a small percentage of blacks murdered innocent whites for being white.

The U.S. had 395,216 slaveholders at that time, so about 1.4% of free people were classified as slave owners in the 1860 census, according to data archived by the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series at the University of Minnesota. That’s slightly different from the 1.6% in the July 11 Facebook post.
My mind is clear
The country was founded by Christians and included all kinds of immorality
Fortunately as bible based laws were overturned our country has more freedom and morality

Prove that 90 percent opposed slavery . The number of slaveholders is not An indicator of total support duh

Prove that 90 percent opposed slavery . The number of slaveholders is not An indicator of total support duh

If you disagree with the published findings and you claim fewer than 90 percent of God-honoring Christians opposed slavery, then you have the burden to prove your contrary claim.

EARLIEST AMERICAN PROTEST AGAINST SLAVERY (February, 1688, Drawn up by Mennonite Germans)

William Penn's establishment of the principle of religious toleration in his proprietorship of Pennsylvania attracted a variety of religious sects from Europe. Along with the Quakers, Moravians, Lutherans, and Dunkers were the Mennonites, a strongly cohesive group that practiced a basic form of Christianity focusing on simplicity, individualism, hard work, and prayer. These German immigrants believed that all humans were equal, being children of God the Creator. They practiced toleration in all of its forms. They opposed any restrictions on human rights and liberty.

The Mennonites gave expression to these beliefs in 1688. They argued that Blacks and Whites were essentially equal, that it was unjust and a contradiction of Christianity to enslave them. They pointed out that Christian slave-owners were no better than the "Turks," or Muslims, who practiced slavery in Asia and Africa. They appealed to the consciences of slave-owners, asking them to realize that the sin of slavery led to many other sins, such as adultery when the master lay with the female slave. The consequence of this sinful union was the birth of a child rejected and enslaved by the master, who denied all that was right and true by denying his own flesh and blood. The Mennonites believed that all social relations should be based on the Golden Rule, to treat others as you would have them treat you.

RussellLawson,
Bacone College

Nice sentiment, well put, but too far off the mark to be useful in the now. There is real, live, persistent evil present in Palestine and you can't bargain with evil because their intent is to destroy, not make the best of what is possible. For the Islam practiced in much of the Middle East there are only two possibilities: destroy the infidel or continue the fight. As long as this is true there can be no peace. Evil can be temporarily driven away, but only to regroup. Sooner, or later, Muslims will figure out they must kill everybody else, or everybody else will understand they must kill all Muslims. Or, Islam can reform itself into a civilized form as did the Catholic church after the Crusades, Inquisitions, et al and become compatible with the rest of the modern world. Outsiders can't do it for them. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but I won't live to see it.
True it is a horrible ongoing disaster and a detriment to global and middle east humanity. I agree. It should end for all persons concerned in that region as well as worldwide. This is not about Israel or Hamas or even about the Middle East so much as this is about life and humanity and compassion for those lives and understanding for one another and one anothers feelings and faiths and lives. Live and let live is a very good way to look at life. As to the war itself right now the history is vast and dates back centuries as to who is rightfully the lands keepers as designated by their own beliefs. I use archeology and historical records to look at it. For instance:

Historical records that document human activity in the region now known as Israel date back thousands of years. Some of the earliest records and archaeological findings include:

Ancient Civilizations: The region was home to several ancient civilizations, including the Canaanites, who are mentioned in ancient Egyptian records dating back to the 18th century BCE. The Canaanites are considered one of the earliest known indigenous peoples of the area.

Biblical Accounts: The Hebrew Bible, also known as the Old Testament, contains many historical and religious accounts of events in the region. While these texts are often seen as religious narratives, they do provide insights into the history of the area and its inhabitants, including the Israelites and various other groups.

Egyptian Records: Egyptian inscriptions and records, such as the Merneptah Stele (1207 BCE), mention a group called "Israel" in the context of the late Bronze Age, which is one of the earliest known references to the people of Israel.

Assyrian and Babylonian Records: Inscriptions from the Assyrian and Babylonian empires also reference events and peoples in the region. The Assyrian conquest of the Kingdom of Israel in 722 BCE and the Babylonian exile of the Judeans in 586 BCE are important historical events documented in these records.

Greek and Roman Periods: The region was under the control of various Hellenistic kingdoms and, later, the Roman Empire. Numerous records and archaeological findings from this period provide insights into the inhabitants and events of the time.

Byzantine and Islamic Periods: The Byzantine Empire and the early Islamic Caliphates left numerous records and structures in the region, including churches, mosques, and administrative documents.

Archaeological excavations in the area have uncovered a wealth of artifacts, inscriptions, and structures that further illuminate the history of the region. These records and findings, along with historical accounts from neighboring civilizations, allow historians to trace the presence of humans in the area now known as Israel for thousands of years.

It's important to note that the historical record is complex and often subject to interpretation and debate, especially when dealing with ancient history. The study of this region's history is ongoing, and new discoveries continue to shed light on its ancient past.

The Quran does mention some key figures and events from the region as well, including:

Prophets: The Quran mentions several prophets who are also recognized in the Judeo-Christian tradition, such as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and others. These prophets are considered important figures in both Islamic and Judeo-Christian traditions.

Moses (Musa): The Quran includes narratives about the life of the Prophet Moses (Musa), his mission to Pharaoh, and the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.

Solomon (Sulaiman): The Quran mentions Solomon (Sulaiman) as a wise and just king who had control over various lands and beings, including jinn and animals.

Jerusalem: The Quran refers to Jerusalem (known as "Al-Quds" in Arabic) as a holy city and the location of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, which is considered one of the holiest sites in Islam.

While the Quran provides religious and moral guidance, it does not serve as a very comprehensive historical record or geographical guide to the ancient events and inhabitants of the region. For detailed historical and archaeological information about the region, scholars and historians often turn to various other sources, including ancient texts, inscriptions, and archaeological discoveries.

It's worth noting that the Quran, like other religious texts, has been interpreted and commented upon over the centuries, and various Islamic traditions and commentaries have developed to provide context and understanding of its teachings.

Archaeological studies in the region now known as Israel and Jerusalem have played a crucial role in understanding the historical development and the ancient connections to the area. Several key archaeological studies and discoveries have contributed to our understanding of the region:

City of David (Jerusalem): The City of David, an archaeological site just outside the Old City of Jerusalem, has been a focal point for excavations. Numerous discoveries there have provided insights into the early history of Jerusalem, including its Canaanite and Israelite periods.

Megiddo (Armageddon): The ancient city of Megiddo, often associated with the biblical site of Armageddon, has been extensively excavated. It has revealed layers of history spanning thousands of years, offering insights into the region's military and cultural history.

Tel Hazor: Hazor is an important archaeological site in northern Israel. Excavations at Hazor have provided evidence of the Canaanite and Israelite periods, including a large and well-preserved Canaanite city and fortifications.

Masada: The archaeological site of Masada, located on a plateau near the Dead Sea, is famous for its connection to the Jewish Revolt against Roman rule. Excavations at Masada have uncovered structures, artifacts, and evidence of the siege by the Roman legions.

Qumran: The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in the vicinity of Qumran has been a significant archaeological find. These ancient texts provide insights into Jewish life and religious beliefs during the Second Temple period.

Tel Megiddo: Megiddo, often identified with the biblical Armageddon, has been a key site for understanding the history of the region, particularly in terms of its strategic importance and as a crossroads of trade and culture.

These archaeological studies have contributed to the understanding of the historical and cultural richness of the region. They have provided evidence of the various civilizations and peoples who inhabited the area, including Canaanites, Israelites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, and others. These findings have helped piece together a more comprehensive history of the region, including the development of Jerusalem as an important center of religious and political significance.

So the bottom line is who is right and who is wrong. I stand on philosophy and science and logical human interactivity throughout time and not politics or religion for my answer and I say all are right and all are wrong. Call me non-committal but I am not usually wrong when sticking to such practices.

True it is a horrible ongoing disaster and a detriment to global and middle east humanity. I agree. It should end for all persons concerned in that region as well as worldwide. This is not about Israel or Hamas or even about the Middle East so much as this is about life and humanity and compassion for those lives and understanding for one another and one anothers feelings and faiths and lives. Live and let live is a very good way to look at life. As to the war itself right now the history is vast and dates back centuries as to who is rightfully the lands keepers as designated by their own beliefs. I use archeology and historical records to look at it. For instance:

Historical records that document human activity in the region now known as Israel date back thousands of years. Some of the earliest records and archaeological findings include:

Ancient Civilizations: The region was home to several ancient civilizations, including the Canaanites, who are mentioned in ancient Egyptian records dating back to the 18th century BCE. The Canaanites are considered one of the earliest known indigenous peoples of the area.

Biblical Accounts: The Hebrew Bible, also known as the Old Testament, contains many historical and religious accounts of events in the region. While these texts are often seen as religious narratives, they do provide insights into the history of the area and its inhabitants, including the Israelites and various other groups.

Egyptian Records: Egyptian inscriptions and records, such as the Merneptah Stele (1207 BCE), mention a group called "Israel" in the context of the late Bronze Age, which is one of the earliest known references to the people of Israel.

Assyrian and Babylonian Records: Inscriptions from the Assyrian and Babylonian empires also reference events and peoples in the region. The Assyrian conquest of the Kingdom of Israel in 722 BCE and the Babylonian exile of the Judeans in 586 BCE are important historical events documented in these records.

Greek and Roman Periods: The region was under the control of various Hellenistic kingdoms and, later, the Roman Empire. Numerous records and archaeological findings from this period provide insights into the inhabitants and events of the time.

Byzantine and Islamic Periods: The Byzantine Empire and the early Islamic Caliphates left numerous records and structures in the region, including churches, mosques, and administrative documents.

Archaeological excavations in the area have uncovered a wealth of artifacts, inscriptions, and structures that further illuminate the history of the region. These records and findings, along with historical accounts from neighboring civilizations, allow historians to trace the presence of humans in the area now known as Israel for thousands of years.

It's important to note that the historical record is complex and often subject to interpretation and debate, especially when dealing with ancient history. The study of this region's history is ongoing, and new discoveries continue to shed light on its ancient past.

The Quran does mention some key figures and events from the region as well, including:

Prophets: The Quran mentions several prophets who are also recognized in the Judeo-Christian tradition, such as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and others. These prophets are considered important figures in both Islamic and Judeo-Christian traditions.

Moses (Musa): The Quran includes narratives about the life of the Prophet Moses (Musa), his mission to Pharaoh, and the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.

Solomon (Sulaiman): The Quran mentions Solomon (Sulaiman) as a wise and just king who had control over various lands and beings, including jinn and animals.

Jerusalem: The Quran refers to Jerusalem (known as "Al-Quds" in Arabic) as a holy city and the location of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, which is considered one of the holiest sites in Islam.

While the Quran provides religious and moral guidance, it does not serve as a very comprehensive historical record or geographical guide to the ancient events and inhabitants of the region. For detailed historical and archaeological information about the region, scholars and historians often turn to various other sources, including ancient texts, inscriptions, and archaeological discoveries.

It's worth noting that the Quran, like other religious texts, has been interpreted and commented upon over the centuries, and various Islamic traditions and commentaries have developed to provide context and understanding of its teachings.

Archaeological studies in the region now known as Israel and Jerusalem have played a crucial role in understanding the historical development and the ancient connections to the area. Several key archaeological studies and discoveries have contributed to our understanding of the region:

City of David (Jerusalem): The City of David, an archaeological site just outside the Old City of Jerusalem, has been a focal point for excavations. Numerous discoveries there have provided insights into the early history of Jerusalem, including its Canaanite and Israelite periods.

Megiddo (Armageddon): The ancient city of Megiddo, often associated with the biblical site of Armageddon, has been extensively excavated. It has revealed layers of history spanning thousands of years, offering insights into the region's military and cultural history.

Tel Hazor: Hazor is an important archaeological site in northern Israel. Excavations at Hazor have provided evidence of the Canaanite and Israelite periods, including a large and well-preserved Canaanite city and fortifications.

Masada: The archaeological site of Masada, located on a plateau near the Dead Sea, is famous for its connection to the Jewish Revolt against Roman rule. Excavations at Masada have uncovered structures, artifacts, and evidence of the siege by the Roman legions.

Qumran: The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in the vicinity of Qumran has been a significant archaeological find. These ancient texts provide insights into Jewish life and religious beliefs during the Second Temple period.

Tel Megiddo: Megiddo, often identified with the biblical Armageddon, has been a key site for understanding the history of the region, particularly in terms of its strategic importance and as a crossroads of trade and culture.

These archaeological studies have contributed to the understanding of the historical and cultural richness of the region. They have provided evidence of the various civilizations and peoples who inhabited the area, including Canaanites, Israelites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, and others. These findings have helped piece together a more comprehensive history of the region, including the development of Jerusalem as an important center of religious and political significance.

So the bottom line is who is right and who is wrong. I stand on philosophy and science and logical human interactivity throughout time and not politics or religion for my answer and I say all are right and all are wrong. Call me non-committal but I am not usually wrong when sticking to such practices.
Israel has thousands of years of undeniable deeds to property ownership in Judea that tribal barbarian Palestinian savages never owned in the history of mankind.

There is probably not one square inch of land or water on the globe that has not been fought over, won and lost many, many times throughout history. American Indians had (probably still do) an interesting view of land that excluded the concept of ~ownership~. They came and went based upon the land supporting the tribe. They camped where game was plentiful and the land bountiful. When it became too hard to make a living, they moved on. They had occasional wars when two tribes bumped into each other, but had little trouble when the tribes were spread far enough apart not to infringe upon one-another. They understood the need for "new blood" in the tribes’ DNA and occasionally would trade women with friendly neighbors to accomplish that. Sometimes they had to go to war to do it. It got done. They tried to keep a straight face when the white man offered to buy land. The whiteman was buying used land, what a moron!! They didn't understand the ways of the new people, until too late.

Throughout history great cities and civilizations have come & gone. I suspect always for the same reasons: people settle where they can feed themselves and abandon settlements when they can't, or when driven off by someone who wants it and can take it. Add one little-discussed factor: plague. The closer people are crowded together, the quicker disease can leap from one to another. There are lots of hygiene diseases. I assume that disease brought down more than is generally thought. In those cases, nobody wanted that used land and great cities just melted into the landscape. There are lots of examples of ancient Central and South America ~intact~ cities that are just empty and reclaimed by the jungle.

Altogether, there is no ~unclaimed~ land, just a little unwanted land from time-to-time. Land is not the problem in the Middle East, and the Israelis are just one of several targets that don't like each other. Pick a Middle Eastern country that has more than one faction (that's all of them) and each would like to kill the other. That, is the problem with Islam. That’s not to say the rest of the world is all lovey-dovey and free from hate & greed. But again I say outsiders can't fix Islam. And let me be clear: us outsiders believe that this is an Islamic problem and nothing else. They all hate each other. I find it difficult to hate anyone even though I dislike lots of people of every stripe. Hate destroys the hater: he spends his time wishing ill and imagining torment for the other guy who is merrily going about his business using his time well. Tine, -life time, is precious and that which is wasted hating is lost forever, but only to the hater.

The 13 colonies needed each other to stand against the King. As Ben put it: "Gentlemen; we hang together, or surely we shall hang separately". The southern colonies were bigger and without them there would be no winning nothing against the British Empire, the most powerful military force on earth at the time. In retrospect, it was a fool's errand to take on the best Army & Navy in the world. Thankfully, the French were happy to stick a few needles in their King George voodoo doll. George still had a few Privateers on the payroll and the Navy would Shanghai volunteers occasionally and be back to pay their respects to DC in 1812. The Brits considered the war to be on-hold, not lost.

The slave-free states needed the southern states for the Revolution to work, and the south needed slaves to continue their own prosperity. Now, I want someone to tell me how the whole business of executing the Declaration of Independence could have occurred without slavery continuing until such time as it could be overcome within the union. Keep in mind that ultimately it would cost 500,000 casualties to do so. Give me a plan of action that could have been substituted, or shut up about slavery. Feel free to use the elapsed 230 years to think up a good cheap shot, and remember, the Brits didn't think it was over until sometime after 1814, -that's 38 years.

I'll wait. I'm listening...

The 13 colonies needed each other to stand against the King. As Ben put it: "Gentlemen; we hang together, or surely we shall hang separately". The southern colonies were bigger and without them there would be no winning nothing against the British Empire, the most powerful military force on earth at the time. In retrospect, it was a fool's errand to take on the best Army & Navy in the world. Thankfully, the French were happy to stick a few needles in their King George voodoo doll. George still had a few Privateers on the payroll and the Navy would Shanghai volunteers occasionally and be back to pay their respects to DC in 1812. The Brits considered the war to be on-hold, not lost.

The slave-free states needed the southern states for the Revolution to work, and the south needed slaves to continue their own prosperity. Now, I want someone to tell me how the whole business of executing the Declaration of Independence could have occurred without slavery continuing until such time as it could be overcome within the union. Keep in mind that ultimately it would cost 500,000 casualties to do so. Give me a plan of action that could have been substituted, or shut up about slavery. Feel free to use the elapsed 230 years to think up a good cheap shot, and remember, the Brits didn't think it was over until sometime after 1814, -that's 38 years.

Christians in America and in Briton opposed slavery. Why others did not oppose slavery does not make support for slavery justifiable.

Christians in America and in Briton opposed slavery. Why others did not oppose slavery does not make support for slavery justifiable.
What's justifiable got to do with anything? Slavery existed for eons, and still does in some parts of Africa, not including the nearly indentured service practiced in the Middle East mostly of people imported from the Indian sub-continent as house servants. Before wrong things are made right throughout history, they first had been practiced for a long time by lots of people. We have the luxury of being able to stand here today and criticize people of the past at some moment in time when, "the time's, they were a-changing." There was slavery in the colonies 100 years before '76, and it was part of the whole world then. "Liberty" for the common man was a topic argued for several hundred years before the Founders actually carried it out, and remember, lots of colonists thought being a subject of King George was just fine and most people weren't smart or good enough to deserve this new liberty thing anyway. I remain a "glass half full" person.

We are now on the cusp deciding whether abortion on demand is right or wrong, someday it may be entirely legal or illegal and people will argue the point.

The continuation of slavery during the execution of the Declaration of Independence was an agonizing compromise dictated by historical necessity. However, it's imperative to recognize that the perceived necessity of this decision doesn't absolve it of moral and ethical condemnation. Rather, it forces us to confront the stark realities of a time when the United States was on the cusp of existence, facing an agonizing choice.

Immediate abolition of slavery was undeniably the morally right, humane, and compassionate path. Yet, in the crucible of the American Revolution, this path was perceived as fraught with risks that could have potentially sabotaged the very birth of the nation. It was an excruciating moral trade-off.

To contextualize this morally indefensible compromise, we must understand that the historical landscape was marred by economic dependencies on slavery, deep-seated political divisions, and a volatile pursuit of independence from the British Empire. The stark truth is that a sudden, uncompromising end to slavery might have jeopardized the very survival of the fledgling American nation. In essence, the founders were faced with an appalling choice: preserve unity and economic stability, but at the cost of perpetuating an abhorrent system.

However, as we scrutinize this historical atrocity, we must never forget that this compromise does not absolve us of our moral obligation to condemn it. The continuance of slavery, even in the name of pragmatism, remains an irrevocable stain on our national history—a painful reminder of how deeply rooted injustice can become. It underscores the stark contrast between the high ideals of freedom and equality on which the United States was founded and the harsh reality of compromises made in its infancy.

Our history is one of progress and the ongoing struggle for justice and equality, and the eventual abolition of slavery represents the gradual awakening of the nation's conscience. While the immediate abolition of slavery was ethically mandatory, it was a bitter pill that was, at the time, too unpalatable to swallow. The promise of a better, more equitable America was deferred, but it was ultimately achieved through the relentless pursuit of justice by later generations.

This grim chapter in American history serves as a poignant reminder of the long and arduous path towards fulfilling the nation's founding ideals, and it underscores the undeniable imperative that morality and ethics should never be sacrificed in the pursuit of political expediency or economic stability.

F. Tide

Werbung:
If you disagree with the published findings and you claim fewer than 90 percent of God-honoring Christians opposed slavery, then you have the burden to prove your contrary claim.

EARLIEST AMERICAN PROTEST AGAINST SLAVERY (February, 1688, Drawn up by Mennonite Germans)

William Penn's establishment of the principle of religious toleration in his proprietorship of Pennsylvania attracted a variety of religious sects from Europe. Along with the Quakers, Moravians, Lutherans, and Dunkers were the Mennonites, a strongly cohesive group that practiced a basic form of Christianity focusing on simplicity, individualism, hard work, and prayer. These German immigrants believed that all humans were equal, being children of God the Creator. They practiced toleration in all of its forms. They opposed any restrictions on human rights and liberty.

The Mennonites gave expression to these beliefs in 1688. They argued that Blacks and Whites were essentially equal, that it was unjust and a contradiction of Christianity to enslave them. They pointed out that Christian slave-owners were no better than the "Turks," or Muslims, who practiced slavery in Asia and Africa. They appealed to the consciences of slave-owners, asking them to realize that the sin of slavery led to many other sins, such as adultery when the master lay with the female slave. The consequence of this sinful union was the birth of a child rejected and enslaved by the master, who denied all that was right and true by denying his own flesh and blood. The Mennonites believed that all social relations should be based on the Golden Rule, to treat others as you would have them treat you.

RussellLawson,
Bacone College
Nope your claim your proof

Back