Teachers and Education

Werbung:
That's not the point ....
No, the point was that a teacher was accused of improper action while allegedly teaching something about Muslims, and it didn't make the national news.
On the other hand, a judge said that Biblical verses could be displayed on cheerleaders' signs.

So, on the one hand, the accusation involving teaching of Islam didn't make the news, but the right to display Biblical verses did.

What do we conclude from that?

Is the school indoctrinating children to Christianity by allowing Biblical verses?
Is the school indoctrinating children to Islam, if the allegations turn out to be right?

Just how are these two stories related?

Can you think of an example of a minor local incident like this that involved Christians rather than Muslims getting notice on the national media?
You were the one who requested the example.

And, yes I believe this is an excellent example.

The Judge ruled that the cheerleaders are exercising their
right of free speech because the banners are made with their own funds
on their own time. It has nothing to do with the school
including any kind of indoctrination.

This made national news because evil Christians were being allowed
to use Bible verses on banners at football games.

The case in MN was different. Children weren't being told they couldn't
use islamic hands signs on their own time. They were being (alleged of course) forced to do it
(literally physically forced under an angry teacher) to the point of causing injury to a child.

Not to mention the race issue in this story.

Now, ask yourself why one of these stories made national news while the other
didn't. You can argue "coincident" an we can agree to disagree again.

But, I do not see this as a coincident!

You were the one who requested the example.

And, yes I believe this is an excellent example.

The Judge ruled that the cheerleaders are exercising their
right of free speech because the banners are made with their own funds
on their own time. It has nothing to do with the school
including any kind of indoctrination.

This made national news because evil Christians were being allowed
to use Bible verses on banners at football games.

The case in MN was different. Children weren't being told they couldn't
use islamic hands signs on their own time. They were being (alleged of course) forced to do it
(literally physically forced under an angry teacher) to the point of causing injury to a child.

Not to mention the race issue in this story.

Now, ask yourself why one of these stories made national news while the other
didn't. You can argue "coincident" an we can agree to disagree again.

But, I do not see this as a coincident!

You do have a point if the national news centered around how the cheerleaders and the judge were wrong and that the "evil Christians" should not be allowed to use Bible verses.

If, on the other hand, this was a case of the First Amendment being upheld by the court, and seen as that, then it's easy to see why the cheerleaders and their Bible verses made the national news.

Perhaps it is an example of how the people complaining that Christianity, including the Bible and prayers, have been banned from public schools are just wrong. Religion is not banned, not any religion.

I wonder how it would have played out had the signs had verses from the Koran instead of the Bible? Logically, the court decision should have been t he same, don't you think? And would that have made the national news?

Go tell that to the ACLU

If it had been a teacher injuring a Muslim child while teaching the sign of the cross, then both the ACLU and CAIR would have been all over it and it would be all over national news.

Werbung:
You do have a point if the national news centered around how the cheerleaders and the judge were wrong and that the "evil Christians" should not be allowed to use Bible verses.
If you will watch the ABC videos I posted on this story, you can tell that is exactly the tone behind the reports, and there are several updates on this story.

If, on the other hand, this was a case of the First Amendment being upheld by the court, and seen as that, then it's easy to see why the cheerleaders and their Bible verses made the national news.
The FFRF merely filed an amicus brief in this case. The District Judge simply issued an injunction in this case allowing the cheerleaders to continue to use the banners, pending a lawsuit. There will be no lawsuit. The FFRF is known for bullying small towns with the threat of lawsuits, but rarely follow through unless they know they can win. AG Gregg Abbot here in Texas has been head to head with this anti-American hate group a few times now.

Perhaps it is an example of how the people complaining that Christianity, including the Bible and prayers, have been banned from public schools are just wrong. Religion is not banned, not any religion.
Again, read the story, this is clearly not the case!

I wonder how it would have played out had the signs had verses from the Koran instead of the Bible? Logically, the court decision should have been t he same, don't you think? And would that have made the national news?
Most people around here love the Constitution as much as their religions, unlike hate groups like the FFRF and unlike the MSM who clearly has disdain for all things Christian. I can't speak for all, but the 1st Amendment trumps all! All have Freedom of Religion and speech.

However, if there were any opposition to islam, you can bet your house cat it would make national news!

Back