Teachers and Education

Werbung:
And theres this
Teacher Forces Students to Muslim Prayer

A San Fransisco federal judge approved of students reciting a Muslim prayer in a school while federal law bans all other types of prayer.
In a class assignment, students were to recite: "In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful. Praise be to Allah, Lord of Creation."
During the completion of Islamic studies, students were to write an essay but were told to only write positive things. Some parents tried to sue the school but the judge threw the case out.
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=39967

So,,, Thats ok,,Why??

Here's more:

During the course at the middle school, teacher Brooke Carlin, using an instructional guide, told her students that they would adopt roles as Muslims for three weeks. She said she stressed that the exercise was only a role- playing game to teach them what Muslims believe.
She encouraged them to use Muslim names, recited prayers in class, required students to recite a line from a prayer and made them give up something for a day, such as television or candy, to simulate fasting during Ramadan. On the final exam, students were asked for a critique of elements of Muslim culture.

That is getting pretty close to the line, no question.

Had the teacher had kids pretend to be Christians for three weeks, recite Christian prayers only as a role playing game, just to learn what Christians believe, I wonder how that would have been viewed?

Oh, I see it was reported in the Mainstream Media, interesting.

Oh, I see it was reported in the Mainstream Media, interesting.
The sfgate.com would be considered local media PCL1 .... not the MSM!

Wasn't that your point the other day?

I'm not sure what your point is about it not being in the mainstream media. It is a local story, and so is reported in the local news of the area. I'd hardly expect to read about it in USA Today or the New York Times, would you?

I haven't read this story in the MSM .... am I missing something?

Sf gate is the online version of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Contra Costa County is across the bay from San Francisco. This was a local story and has not been seen on any other MSM site.

Back to my initial point, you only see these stories if they pertain to Christianity, not islam!

Contra Costa County is across the bay from San Francisco. This was a local story and has not been seen on any other MSM site.

Back to my initial point, you only see these stories if they pertain to Christianity, not islam!

If you don't consider the SF Chronicle to be MSM, then I'll have to concede your point. I don't see any reference to this story in any of the national media.

If you don't consider the SF Chronicle to be MSM, then I'll have to concede your point. I don't see any reference to this story in any of the national media.
No, I do not consider SFG to be MSM, especially when they are covering a story just across the bay. That would make it in this context, a local story.

We cant read this in school
bible3.gif

But this is ok to read in public school
quran-200x200.jpg

The Answer on inproving education is abolish public education and expand private education. And give Parents the bill not by making taxpayers pay for it. And if your class is failing you fire the teachers. Just like when your team has a losing season you hold the coach or manager accountable and you fire him

Poor Jewish girls school gets top grades in Brooklyn NY

None of the teachers went to college and their base salary is $6, 000 a year.

Students spend less than half of the week studying math, reading, science and social studies. The majority of class time is devoted to religious instructions..
How is it no one ever thought of opening a medical clinic with untrained doctors paid six grand a year, and emphasizing religion rather than medicine?
We could save a bundle on Medicaid.

How is it no one ever thought of opening a medical clinic with untrained doctors paid six grand a year, and emphasizing religion rather than medicine?
We could save a bundle on Medicaid.

LOL......with Obamacare you'll be lucky to get that much from your medical attendant, being the doctors will all be dropping out of the system.

Why the snark anyway? Don't like that kids can be educated without a teacher having a degree and for a lot less money and a big expensive school?

LOL......with Obamacare you'll be lucky to get that much from your medical attendant, being the doctors will all be dropping out of the system.

Why the snark anyway? Don't like that kids can be educated without a teacher having a degree and for a lot less money and a big expensive school?

Snark? Why, there was no snark. If we can educate kids so cheaply, perhaps that is the solution to soaring medical costs as well.

Oh, and those court costs could be brought down by just representing ourselves, perhaps to Judge Judy. The commercials would more than pay the court costs.

Werbung:
Snark? Why, there was no snark. If we can educate kids so cheaply, perhaps that is the solution to soaring medical costs as well.

Our soaring medical costs isn't because of educating a doctor for 12+ years. That was their choice to go into that profession. It has a lot more to do with the fear of being sued for malpractice.

Back