Teachers and Education

Yes, that's so, but then, if we paid them six grand a year and hired them right out of high school, they could just declare bankruptcy and quit if they were sued. That way, they wouldn't need malpractice insurance.

Werbung:
Yes, that's so, but then, if we paid them six grand a year and hired them right out of high school, they could just declare bankruptcy and quit if they were sued. That way, they wouldn't need malpractice insurance.

Sorry I don't get your point. What does educating kids successfully for less money have to do with higher education? My kids went to religious schools, it cost half of what public school does, not all their teachers had degrees and they were more than prepared for college. Do I think we can educate college kids for less? You betcha. I believe a lot of their undergraduate work could be done over the computer and in less time, without all the time wasted in traffic, parking issues, sitting in boring lecture halls, running across campus to class etc.

Sorry I don't get your point. What does educating kids successfully for less money have to do with higher education? My kids went to religious schools, it cost half of what public school does, not all their teachers had degrees and they were more than prepared for college. Do I think we can educate college kids for less? You betcha. I believe a lot of their undergraduate work could be done over the computer and in less time, without all the time wasted in traffic, parking issues, sitting in boring lecture halls, running across campus to class etc.

I agree that higher education is more expensive than it needs to be, and that online classes could help.

From your first link:

Pearson declined to comment on camera, but a district spokesperson claims it was all just a big misunderstanding.
“I think what the answer is, is that he made a mistake,” Tustin Amole with the Cherry Creek School District told CBS4.
The new tutoring program was started by parents of minority students to help bridge the achievement gap.
“But we have had lots of students sign up for the tutoring. Many of them are white and we will be accepting all of them,” Amole said.
“I just want everybody to be treated equally,” Cox said.
The new tutoring program began Wednesday. CBS4 was told a letter would be going out to parents to clarify the error that was made.

and from your second:

Despite the fallout, Wolfe is still teaching the political science class but has lifted the rule about what sources to use. She is reportedly only teaching at West Liberty University this year because another professor is out on leave.

I'm sure that if you keep searching, you can find better examples than these. The problem comes when you try to generalize to the entire educational establishment from isolated examples.

I'm sure that if you keep searching, you can find better examples than these. The problem comes when you try to generalize to the entire educational establishment from isolated examples.

I'm not generalizing anything. I posted the links to two articles. Am I cynical about public (government) schools? Yeah I am. I was very involved with the public school system and that's why I pulled mine out and put them into private.

How does everybody feel about schoolteachers and education? Do you think our kids are failing? Are the teachers worth the money. Or should we just have Private education and send the parents the bill instead of taxpayers paying for it?

All teacher unions should be CRUSHED underfoot! They are holding our children's futures hostage. The State should NEVER allow this blackmail to continue. Under my fascist rule, I would fire every one of the fuckers, replace them. If THEY threaten strike, I would give them jail time. IF they STILL continue, I would have them executed for treason to the State. After all, their actions would undermine the stability of the State.

All teacher unions should be CRUSHED underfoot! They are holding our children's futures hostage. The State should NEVER allow this blackmail to continue. Under my fascist rule, I would fire every one of the fuckers, replace them. If THEY threaten strike, I would give them jail time. IF they STILL continue, I would have them executed for treason to the State. After all, their actions would undermine the stability of the State.
May I recomend the thread..Murder for the greater good...

Some leftists claim private schools lack adequete materials because the schools want to cut down on operating costs. They also claim students can buy grades from the teacher, cause the school is simply a business. One leftist brought up Indian private schools where he claimed that was occurring. Finally, some leftists claim people send children to private schools for racist reasons, primarily to get them away from blacks and Mexicans.

Last edited:
Some leftists claim private schools lack adequete materials because the schools want to cut down on operating costs. They also claim students can buy grades from the teacher, cause the school is simply a business. One leftist brought up Indian private schools where he claimed that was occurring. Finally, some leftists claim people send children to private schools for racist reasons, primarily to get them away from blacks and Mexicans.
Really?
What "leftists" are making these silly claims?

Werbung:
Really?
What "leftists" are making these silly claims?

A lot of parents are sending their kids to avoid blacks and Mexicans. For instance, "segregation academies" were common in the south after de-segregation. Of course, the schools can claim to accept all students, but knowing blacks can't afford the tuition, they're assured they'll never come.

Back