Solution to the illegal alien invasion

Y'all do realize that the feds are creating a database to track the health record of everyone in the country right now don't you ?

Walls are impractical, human or electronic monitoring is ineffective unless you spend a lot. Landmines are fairly effective but people might get uneasy using them. Make it more trouble than it's worth to be here illegally and they will be far less inclined to come and stay. That means you make it as difficult as possible to work here. That means you lean on the employer but you then have to equip him with a reliable way to screen. That's a national ID card.

Werbung:
Y'all do realize that the feds are creating a database to track the health record of everyone in the country right now don't you ?

Walls are impractical, human or electronic monitoring is ineffective unless you spend a lot. Landmines are fairly effective but people might get uneasy using them. Make it more trouble than it's worth to be here illegally and they will be far less inclined to come and stay. That means you make it as difficult as possible to work here. That means you lean on the employer but you then have to equip him with a reliable way to screen. That's a national ID card.

Hear hear. :D In this forum, one feels like applauding when someone grasps even the obvious.

I envision the national ID as having biometric ID data in a highly encrypted numerical form.

Hear hear. :D In this forum, one feels like applauding when someone grasps even the obvious.

I envision the national ID as having biometric ID data in a highly encrypted numerical form.

Part of the stimulus language did include such a database to established. It additionally established the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology position... which is yet another bureaucrat who will need a large staff to maintain such a database (assuming it actually occurs of course).

Surely I am misreading your intent here Rick... you support more Washington bureaucrats with even more power? You alluded to the Tea Party in other posts favorably, so I have a hard time imagining you are actually supportive of such a system?

Uhhhhhh...... do you doubt that the border is 2000 miles long?

Do you doubt that an >>>IMPENETRABLE<<< wall, as opposed to the one we have now, which mexicans cut holes through, tunnel under, or throw ladders over, would cost billions of dollars?
The FACT is that nobody here is proposing such a wall be built. That is where you are not sticking to facts.

Offer facts and logic to support that assertion ........IF you have any.
Again, you claim the NID would be "cheaper" than building a "Berlin Wall"... It would also be "cheaper" than shipping illegals into outerspace to colonize the moon. The problem with your "logic" is that nobody is suggesting the proposals that you're using as a baseline to compare your proposal as being "cheaper".

Now, how much will the NID cost? Saying it's "cheaper" than proposal X is not an answer, it is an evasion.

That's simply false - government would pay for it.
At a cost of??? You have never answered that question... How much money will the government have to spend to create, operate, maintain and secure the NID program?

You have three options: Pick one.
That is a false dilemma fallacy.

Nahhh - no more than say, drivers lincenses.
If the 330+ million citizens have to pay for the NID out of their own pocket, as they do for a drivers license, then clearly you lied when stating, "government would pay for it."

Rebuttal? Arguments? You are big on assertions and silent with supporting logic.
You need to offer an actual proposal that solves the underlying causes of illegal immigration, complete with cost estimates. Leaving out all the important details and using fallacies of logic to claim your proposal is "cheaper" than others is not an argument made with sound logic but assertions and rhetoric.

Existing laws can be skirted for a number of reasons, including principally the inability of determining who is an illegal - my solution cures that completely.
I ask you again... Who's job is it to enforce immigration law?

And what is a billion nowadays, with obozo and his leftwing claque throwing money around by the TRILLION??
That is the fallacy of equivocation, not logic.

No - way back you implied that the border should be "secured".
And the false dilemma fallacy led you to believe that meant I wanted a "Berlin Wall" built on the border.

How should they do that? Speak up and let's hear your mysterious, never-spoken solution.
Actually I did talk about it... End the welfare state, limit government to protecting individual rights and implement open immigration (again not to be confused with open borders). The problem of illegal immigration exists because there are more people who want to enter the country than are allowed to enter - that is a fact which you have not yet grasped much less come to terms with.

I never claimed they would or should disappear - they will be filled by unemployed americans when the illegals go home, which they will if they can't get a job.
If they cannot get a job through legitimate channels, they work under the table for cash, that's what they do now, that's what they'd do with the NID in place.

That is the reality you are avoiding with the fallacy of wishful thinking in believing that illegals will simply "go home" when they cannot get a legitimate job.

Now you have not shown that the NID solves either of the two major causes that lead to illegal immigration:

1. It does not solve the problem of more people wanting to enter than are allowed.

2. It does not eliminate the black market which allows illegals to earn a living without a legitimate job.

Any workable solution needs to solve #1 otherwise #2 will enable illegal aliens to enter the country and find employment. The NID proposal solves neither.

Part of the stimulus language did include such a database to established. It additionally established the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology position... which is yet another bureaucrat who will need a large staff to maintain such a database (assuming it actually occurs of course).

Surely I am misreading your intent here Rick... you support more Washington bureaucrats with even more power? You alluded to the Tea Party in other posts favorably, so I have a hard time imagining you are actually supportive of such a system?

And quite a lot of money was borrowed from China to pay for it. And they are working hard on how to do it with the usual squawking on how to do it for the usual suspects in the IT consulting biz. Trhe scary part is they have finally admitted that they'll make the data available to private concerns. Something they had denied they would do originally in the rhetoric wars.

Whatever the leftwingers did is probably screwed up in many ways as well as fraudulent - they have no intention of dealing with the problem, as 20 million naturalized invaders is their only hope for future political power.

The people who manage the database would have no more power over citizens lives than the DMV does because it has your license number in a database. Penalties for deliberately misusing the database would be severe.

Effective protection of the country from invasion is a fundamental duty of government - I have LOTS of suggestions for shrinking government.

The FACT is that nobody here is proposing such a wall be built. That is where you are not sticking to facts.

You are stuck in a mental whirlpool obsessing over a stray comment I made - shake yourself out of it, and give us your actual mysterious hidden solution so that we can deal with that. :D

Again, you claim the NID would be "cheaper" than building a "Berlin Wall"... It would also be "cheaper" than shipping illegals into outerspace to colonize the moon. The problem with your "logic" is that nobody is suggesting the proposals that you're using as a baseline to compare your proposal as being "cheaper".

Whether or not you are or not, that's the common alternative.

Now, how much will the NID cost? Saying it's "cheaper" than proposal X is not an answer, it is an evasion.

FAIR estimates the cost oif the invasion at $24 billion.
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecentersf134

I am a software engineer, and any software engineer would laugh at the idea that a frigging database with a net presence would cost tens of billions of dollars. Further, you aren't listening - COST ISN'T THE ONLY ISSUE. What is the "cost" of balkanizing this country? What is the cost of turning this country into an annex of mexico? What is the cost of permanent leftwing political power?

If the 330+ million citizens have to pay for the NID out of their own pocket, as they do for a drivers license, then clearly you lied when stating, "government would pay for it."

You get brainlock and refuse to accept that they won't pay anything - OK, nothing to be done, I have no credentials in defeating brainlock. :p

You need to offer an actual proposal that solves the underlying causes of illegal immigration

I went EXACTLY to the causes - as is WELL KNOWN, illegals come here for jobs and to loot the welfare state, notably the medical system. My proposal takes that away. What part don't you get? How many times does it have to be repeated?

OK - enough. :D

Whatever the leftwingers did is probably screwed up in many ways as well as fraudulent - they have no intention of dealing with the problem, as 20 million naturalized invaders is their only hope for future political power.

I hate to say it, but the Republican party has not had much to offer in the way of a real solution to the immigration problem either...You seem to be arguing that a database set up by "leftwingers" will automatically fail, however a database set up by "rightwingers" (presumably under your immigration scenario) would be a success...

In my opinion both of those prospects only result in one thing... more government.

The people who manage the database would have no more power over citizens lives than the DMV does because it has your license number in a database. Penalties for deliberately misusing the database would be severe.

Well, we now admit people will be managing the database, presumably new government employees who will fall under the jurisdiction of whatever body is created to control it. That is just more government, funded by Joe Taxpayer.

I have no doubt that penalties for misuse would be severe, however that is not the point. The point is that the creation of such a thing would create a vast database, a slew of new bureaucrats to oversee it, and no real change in the current status quo...except of course for the additional government.

Effective protection of the country from invasion is a fundamental duty of government - I have LOTS of suggestions for shrinking government.

Yes, it is the job of the federal government to protect the country. That said, a proper response to a devastating "invasion" is not to create a massive database and attempt to deny legal work status to illegal aliens. They will just work for cash under the table.

Think again.
Those people will have power to just say no to your medical care based on your medical history. Moreover they are planning on making the data available to private concerns for un disclosed purposed. And please tell me you are not so naive as to think it will be secure. Never has there been such an intrusion on your privacy as this thing.

I hate to say it, but the Republican party has not had much to offer in the way of a real solution to the immigration problem either...You seem to be arguing that a database set up by "leftwingers" will automatically fail, however a database set up by "rightwingers" (presumably under your immigration scenario) would be a success...

Like saying

"You seem to be arguing that a human rights commission set up by nazis will automatically fail, however a human rights commission set up by Mother Teresa would be a success" :D

In my opinion both of those prospects only result in one thing... more government.

Nobody is interested in your argument-free opinions. :rolleyes:

I have no doubt that penalties for misuse would be severe, however that is not the point. The point is that the creation of such a thing would create a vast database, a slew of new bureaucrats to oversee it, and no real change in the current status quo...except of course for the additional government.

More unsubstantiated opinion from you. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is the job of the federal government to protect the country. That said, a proper response to a devastating "invasion" is not to create a massive database and attempt to deny legal work status to illegal aliens. They will just work for cash under the table.

That's like saying "no use in illegalizing murder with severe penalties - people will still get murdered". :D

Think again.
Those people will have power to just say no to your medical care based on your medical history. Moreover they are planning on making the data available to private concerns for un disclosed purposed. And please tell me you are not so naive as to think it will be secure. Never has there been such an intrusion on your privacy as this thing.

I have said nothing of the kind. The database merely certifies US citizienship, nothing more.

I have said nothing of the kind. The database merely certifies US citizienship, nothing more.

The government being as pure as the virgin Mary with not expand the database for other uses. You are so damn naive.

Werbung:
The government being as pure as the virgin Mary with not expand the database for other uses.

If they're so out to do harm, they wouldn't need my suggested law as a pretext. The government prying into medical records will come from obamacare, not from the minimal proposal I made.

Back