Proof that christians are stupid

You might want to re-read that last statement dog

Even by your challenged standards it is profoundly crass

But then the title of this thread is evidenced yet again

Werbung:
I gave the below response to you in another thread. Since you're spreading your religion-hating views all over the board, I'm going to post my response here too. Read and try to learn something!

No
I have made points that destroy religion and you are either to stubborn or stupid to drop your belief in it
Here's one for you
What are angels for?
If god is omnipotent and omnipresent why does he need angels?
Actually this one has made me laugh out loud
I'm arguing with people who believe in men who have wings

Lagboltz and I have been having what's so far been a civil discussion of "religion", "atheism", and related issues. Lagboltz strikes me so far as being a civil man who respects the rights of religious folks, even though he doesn't believe in a religious God himself. Because of his tolerance and civility, I've tried to be as respectful and civil toward him as he's been toward me. You, on the other hand, have demonstrated an outright hatred of Christians and Jews, an outlook that's not civil, respectful, nor tolerant. Your discussions here have been bigoted toward religious believers, no different than those who'd tell you that all atheists are evil. It's time that you grow up and start acting like a responsible adult!

You should occasionally try using your brain when posting, instead of just your mouth. I did reply to your post, and those questions that I couldn't answer, I clearly told you so. Simple-minded leftists often ask such questions as those you asked. Many Christians will tell you that one needn't understand the answers to those questions because their religious beliefs are a matter of "Faith". I didn't tell you that! I admitted that I didn't know. Apparently, honesty isn't something that meets with your approval.

If you feel such questions are relevant, allow me to ask you a similar one. How was the universe created from nothing, since science tells us that something can't be created from nothing????

Answering my question intelligently could make you look like a "Star". Failing to answer my question correctly will indicate that your disbelief in God is also a matter of "Faith". The pot calling the kettle black??? You may now proceed to explain your Faith in atheism.

I couldn't give a shit what you think about other posters

The fact is that a literal interpretation of the bible is probably too ridiculous for even you

But what you don't seem able to grasp is that an interpretational view is just as problematic

Who says you or anyone else is the arbiter of truth and fiction in the bible?

And you are still left with baseless crap like a woman being impregnated by an angel

So get as angry as you like

Kid

Your religious views are utterly ridiculous

The product of years of indoctrination and a feeble grasp of logic

The fact is that a literal interpretation of the bible is probably too ridiculous for even you

But what you don't seem able to grasp is that an interpretational view is just as problematic

And you are still left with baseless crap like a woman being impregnated by an angel

Kid

In summary, the logic for God is so overwhelming that the philosopher/theologian R. C. Sproul insists that a reasonable man must aquiesce to this conclusion. The evidence is so compelling, that one must override his senses to deny Him. It is only the person who is blinded by his own agenda that refuses to accept it. A thinking person who denies God must do so on the basis of preferring to believe there is no God in order to try to escape His judgment, thus irrationally seeking autonomy. Our challenge to the skeptic: At some point you must be willing to rationally consider the evidence and honestly seek with an open mind details about the God who made you.

In summary, the logic for God is so overwhelming that the philosopher/theologian R. C. Sproul insists that a reasonable man must aquiesce to this conclusion. The evidence is so compelling, that one must override his senses to deny Him. It is only the person who is blinded by his own agenda that refuses to accept it. A thinking person who denies God must do so on the basis of preferring to believe there is no God in order to try to escape His judgment, thus irrationally seeking autonomy. Our challenge to the skeptic: At some point you must be willing to rationally consider the evidence and honestly seek with an open mind details about the God who made you.

The only problem I see with your comment is that you appear to be limiting the concept of "GOD" to that of a Christian God, while I believe that God is so far above religions of any kind, and that ALL religions are in fact limiting the true God to an image that fit the cultural basis of their followers.

I don't necessarely think that this is bad, I believe that all religions have a role to play in society, as long as they are not so limiting and divisive that they spread bigotry instead of acceptance, and hatred of what is different rather than love of all God's creation.

And, unfortunately, the Christian bible certainly has plenty of instances of bigotry. . .at least in too many of the "interpretations" made by . . .bigots!

Kid

We are not idiots ! You know ...you really don't have a clue...Contrary to what you think, the Bible does not teach blind faith . In fact, the Bible actually tells believers to test everything Thessalonians 5:21. No other "holy" book tells its readers to actually put what it says to the test. The Bible can make such a statement because it passes the tests of truthfulness that no other "holy" book can. God Himself in His revelation to Isaiah stated, "Come now, and let us reason together..." God, the Creator of humans and human reasoning ability wants us to use that ability to determine His plan of salvation. How do we determine if the Bible is true? We test it and see if it is reasonable. Psalm 19 tells us that the universe "declares the glory of God" and that this "voice goes out into all the earth. In fact, the Bible says that the evidence for God's design of the universe is so strong that people are "without excuse" in rejecting God and His plan of salvation.
The Bible encourages people to use their minds. In fact, the Bible says that God created humans and endowed them with a mind so that they would use it and this is where things get screwed up in our minds not God's teachings. The Bible says that God and Jesus Christ will test the minds (as well as the hearts) of people. One of the most important prophecies to Christianity, the prophecy of the New Covenant, fulfilled in the coming of the Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth,describes the changes God does in both the heart and the mind of those who are transformed. The Bible says that those who do not believe do so, in part, because of deception in their minds. This deception leads to hostility to God and defiling of their minds and consciences. The mind is also very important in the life of a Christian. The Christian is encouraged to set his "mind on the things above." We are also encouraged to direct our "mind to know, to investigate, and to seek wisdom and an explanation." Christians should use their minds in all aspects of life and "always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that we have.

The only problem I see with your comment is that you appear to be limiting the concept of "GOD" to that of a Christian God, while I believe that God is so far above religions of any kind, and that ALL religions are in fact limiting the true God to an image that fit the cultural basis of their followers.

I don't necessarely think that this is bad, I believe that all religions have a role to play in society, as long as they are not so limiting and divisive that they spread bigotry instead of acceptance, and hatred of what is different rather than love of all God's creation.

And, unfortunately, the Christian bible certainly has plenty of instances of bigotry. . .at least in too many of the "interpretations" made by . . .bigots!

As Christians I agree that once we accept the Bible, and file it under truth in our minds, we initially reject things that conflict with what we believe is biblical truth. We accept the premise that the Bible as originally written was completely true; but I also accept the premise that my understanding of the Bible is imperfect. So as Christians our difficulty is in separating and discarding our imperfect understanding of either science or the Bible when confronted with two things that seem to conflict yet both seem to be true.
For example, the book of James seemed to conflict with Paul's writings. Paul said salvation is through faith, works has nothing to do with it, and James said faith without works is dead. However, using reason and a lot of time spent with other christians the conflict can be resolved, without abandoning, or undermining the truth of both divinely inspired writings, because a reasonable interpretation shows that there is no conflict in the texts, but only in our understanding. Works does not provide salvation; it proves salvation. Barking will not make you a dog, but a dog barks.
So the thing we as christians need to be doing..., it appears, is to see if we can fit scientific truth and biblical truth together, by perhaps improving our understanding and without creating additional unresolved conflicts. The task is impossible without a whole lot of Bible study. But the Bible tells believers to study the Bible and study it well.

Werbung:
The bible is a joke

It is full of lies

You have to be a moron to accept them

Do you believe in winged men helping god?

Back