Health Care Reform

Re: "conservatives"; Quit Your WHINING About Health-Care!

I know how much you love "Moderates".... but maybe that's only the ones in the GOP.

I like moderates in either Party more than the extremes.

Lets hear you blame this on the Republicans... Better yet, lets hear about how proud you are that your "big tent" party is filled with obstructionist "moderate" Democrats. :rolleyes:

I'm glad there is an active process going on to change healthcare and not just deny there's a problem. Politics is a back & forth process. This is the time when the details and funding are worked out. This is a natural part of the process. The difference is the Dems don't want to kill the Bill. They just want it in various forms. There will be a Bill.

Sad truth is Republicants don't care one bit about helping make anything better. They are simply frantic over loss of power & praying to hurt our President. Very weak sister stuff.

Thank you President Obama. Let the do nothing crowd be seen for what they really are.

Werbung:

Oh, poor Top Gun... You still think I'm a Republican. You're confusion is cute in a navy blue sort of way.

SW-You-Fail.jpg

I guess baiting & taunting is all you have left... when the election tallies of the American people take all else.

I can live with that...

Today I was listening to some stuff on the health care bill, strange stuff like once this is implemented your insurance can not drop you (great thing) but if you leave your job and go to another job you can not get on their health care plan you have to take the government option. I honestly do not know if this is true or not, I am not in a position to check it out right now. But those are the things I worry about.

Congress doesn’t even read this stuff before they pass it, who knows what will be in the final health care bill.

I am glad you see that my heart is in the right place, I never thought I would read those words from you when I first came here :)

In the end its really a non issue for me personally, I hate doctors and wont go but I worry for my older sister who does have a whole lot of health issues and both of my parents also.

Doing something (if it’s the wrong thing) is really worse than doing nothing. I would rather see a few ideas (in detail) pitched to the public and let us decide via a national vote. obama and Congress will leave one day but this health care will be with us forever. We should decide not them.

I completely agree with you. I have yet to find anyone who will answer this one question regarding the public option "Do you trust the government to make decisions regarding health treatments for you or your family?". The government will cut all costs possible to keep costs down under the public option. At least you can sue your private insurance company for refusal to pay for life saving procedures, you have a very hard time suing the government for that refusal.

Medicare and medicaid is going broke already, should we believe that covering more under a public option won't bankrupt us?

I completely agree with you. I have yet to find anyone who will answer this one question regarding the public option "Do you trust the government to make decisions regarding health treatments for you or your family?". The government will cut all costs possible to keep costs down under the public option. At least you can sue your private insurance company for refusal to pay for life saving procedures....
...And, to prove your point....how many times have you successfully-sued your private insurance company???​
"The poll Ignagni was citing actually undercuts her position: By 72 to 20 percent, Americans favor the creation of a public plan, the June survey by the New York Times and CBS News found. People also said that they thought government would do a better job than private insurers of holding down health-care costs and providing coverage.

In addition, data from a Kaiser Family Foundation poll last year, compiled at the request of The Washington Post, suggest that the people who like their health plans the most are the people who use them the least.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...7/21/AR2009072101677.html?hpid=topnews&sub=AR"

""What's right about our system is that we have a single-payer system that's dramatically reduced costs and provided universal coverage," said Dr. Michael Rachlis, one of Canada's top health-care experts. "Americans have ideological blinders about 4,000 miles tall and cannot see that something with the word 'government' in it could be more efficient than something without government in it."

I completely agree with you. I have yet to find anyone who will answer this one question regarding the public option "Do you trust the government to make decisions regarding health treatments for you or your family?". The government will cut all costs possible to keep costs down under the public option. At least you can sue your private insurance company for refusal to pay for life saving procedures, you have a very hard time suing the government for that refusal.

Medicare and medicaid is going broke already, should we believe that covering more under a public option won't bankrupt us?

The people who want this are not looking at medicare and medicaid or other failed government programs, they are looking at the people they see who want or need healthcare and are feeling compassion for them.

I am in agreement with them that something needs to be done, there are real problems with our current system. Its still the best system on planet earth but it is not perfect.

I can not help but wonder though why the rush to pass this bill that congress admits they have not read, and obama himself admitted last night he doesn’t know what is in it. It is the most important topic on the table and will change us as a nation in a big way so why not take our time and really carefully look at the various options, listen to the people and their concerns. Rushing into this is a bad idea and will hurt us. The government is not in the habit of giving back things or rights they have taken, so we had better be sure we want everything hidden in this bill. In the little bit of time we have had to check this out there have already been things found that are just not acceptable IMO, so when they try to rush this through, it makes me think there is an agenda bigger than health care involved.

Nice to meet you by the way and welcome

I guess baiting & taunting is all you have left... when the election tallies of the American people take all else.

I can live with that...

You can live with that? Top Gun, have you read your posts for the past year? You baiting and taunting is your default standard. There is rarely a thread that goes by in which you don't bait and taunt anyone who has a differing view!

Yeah you can live with it... it's your life style!

The people who want this are not looking at medicare and medicaid or other failed government programs, they are looking at the people they see who want or need healthcare and are feeling compassion for them.

I am in agreement with them that something needs to be done, there are real problems with our current system. Its still the best system on planet earth but it is not perfect.

I can not help but wonder though why the rush to pass this bill that congress admits they have not read, and obama himself admitted last night he doesn’t know what is in it.

I doubt most even feel compassion. Most are hypocrites and bigots who simply don't want to pay for health care, and government is the big "sugar daddy in the sky" that can supply them with everything they want. Just like how it provided "affordable housing" and how wonderful that worked out.

You are absolutely right that government hasn't read the bill. Most of our representatives don't have a clue what is in it, just like the stealfromus package before hand.

Why is this so rush rush? Why is Obama pushing everything through as hard as possible? It's real simple actually. Obama has learned from Clinton before him, that time is short, and the American people don't put up with crap for long.

Remember during Clinton's first year, the Republicans held back his crap just long enough that the next election rolled around before he could pass his health care bill, and his stimulus package. The result was Clinton lost the entire Congress completely. Obama knows the exact same thing will likely happen to him, and he's going to shove as much crap down the pipe as he can before the election rolls around.

I doubt most even feel compassion. Most are hypocrites and bigots who simply don't want to pay for health care, and government is the big "sugar daddy in the sky" that can supply them with everything they want. Just like how it provided "affordable housing" and how wonderful that worked out.

You are absolutely right that government hasn't read the bill. Most of our representatives don't have a clue what is in it, just like the stealfromus package before hand.

Why is this so rush rush? Why is Obama pushing everything through as hard as possible? It's real simple actually. Obama has learned from Clinton before him, that time is short, and the American people don't put up with crap for long.

Remember during Clinton's first year, the Republicans held back his crap just long enough that the next election rolled around before he could pass his health care bill, and his stimulus package. The result was Clinton lost the entire Congress completely. Obama knows the exact same thing will likely happen to him, and he's going to shove as much crap down the pipe as he can before the election rolls around.

I hope you are right and they can hold back tax and cap, health care, and any more frakin stim packages till the next election. I do not have a good feeling about that though...I see it coming in and really Andy as a nation we deserve it. Not you personally but we as a whole have been really stupid and hired rejects to balance our books and make our laws and now we scratch our bottoms and wonder how did it all get so bad. If I believe everything has consequences and I do, then we should have to collectively pay ours.

This is really a sad day for our country. Once a law for health care gets put in place we ill never get rid of it - no matter how bad it is.

I don't think anybody doubts that the health care system is in need of repair. We have so many option about how to change it for the better. Instead we get stuck with a crazy semi-private, semi-public system that does nothing to lower health care costs. The status quo will continue as it is right now. The only difference will be the rich man will pay for poor man's the medical bill.

Where's the debate about ways we can really lower costs? - like tort reform? Where is the debate about ways we can reduce costs - like giving nurses more authority to perform routine medical procedures? I heard Ben Bernanke say the every increasing use of high technology machines and medications are rapidly driving up the cost of health care faster than cost of living. Meanwhile bio-tech companies are getting rich off all the new technology they pump out. What happens when we can cure every disease. Who is going to pay Grandpa to live forever?

Where's the real debate?

You can live with that? Top Gun, have you read your posts for the past year? You baiting and taunting is your default standard. There is rarely a thread that goes by in which you don't bait and taunt anyone who has a differing view!

Yeah you can live with it... it's your life style!

Well Andy I'm sorry you feel that way. And I am sarcastic at times. But I think if you're being honest you'll admit I don't just personally insult people by calling them personally insulting names.

Now if you tell me you own an 1982 Buick and think it's the best thing since sliced bread... and then later on I say well Andy you love an 1982 Buick I doubt that makes an authority on automobiles nor the auto industry... that's a whole lot different than... Andy you're an A-hole queer idiot (which you are not by the way) don't you think?

We don't have to agree but I spend my time going after the Republicants not individual posters or at least that is my sincere goal. But sometimes credibility on an issue does come up.

You understand this. For instance I can speak a little on being a coach... I've been a coach. But if I started talking with authority on advanced jet plane aerodynamics because I fly around on vacation a lot I'm pretty much just Wikipediaing it. That's a reasonable call out.

Back to my post you're complaining about: When I say "I can live with that" I'm saying if the choice is being the winner of a huge election or being a bad loser and saying the winner has lost...

then I'm wanting to be the one who won the huge election. I think if you look back at the post you'll see that's what I'm saying.

I'll continue to listen to what you have to say. There have even been a time or two that we've agreed.

Most Canadians I have talked to, and I have talked to several over a period of years, seem to find their system at least as good as ours.

Rising costs will deny the level of health care we now consider standard out of reach of more and more Americans over the next few years, if we don't take some action now.

Most Canadians I have talked to, and I have talked to several over a period of years, seem to find their system at least as good as ours.

Rising costs will deny the level of health care we now consider standard out of reach of more and more Americans over the next few years, if we don't take some action now.

We should take action. But we should be sure it's
something that will work and congress should
read the bill first and take out the added junk

doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing
but the best choice I think is to carefully
go over the bill and do it right

Where's the real debate?

As usual....everyone's waitin' on the FAUX-Noise-fans..... :rolleyes:

"I know this is "Dog bites man" news at this point -- but the Fox entertainment network is refusing to show President Obama's important health care press conference tonight so that it can, instead, air the idiot reality competition: "So you think you can dance."

Werbung:

We should take action. But we should be sure it's
something that will work and congress should
read the bill first and take out the added junk
doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing
but the best choice I think is to carefully
go over the bill and do it right
Well we currently have these government funded programs: Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, ADC, FOOD STAMPS, HUD etc., etc., etc.,

Medicaid works: BUT it has has been taken advantage of by many lessor thinking medical billing companies, private entities, lessor thinking private citizens that want to bilk any and all government funded systems for more & more freebies...and as a resident of this poverty pocket part of Kansas...the trickle down impact for annual budget cuts has had a large detrimental impact on the medical care that people on Medicaid are able to receive!

Medicare works: BUT "DITTO" what I said about Medicaid and in addition; the Prescription {multifaceted plans} that 'they' worked up during G.W.B. era has been a 'cluster F'd up mess from the get go' and this was another fine mess that they kept changing/modifying/picking at and about until they seem to have just given up and said: "here it is, it's the best that we can figure out to do" and passed it right along.

I have no pure {Pollyanna} thoughts about our elected officials being able to collectively concur/formulate a solid group idea that will benefit all of America without someone getting the 'SHORT' end of the stick and the 'SPECIAL INTEREST' groups getting their 'BUDDIES' the 'BEST' end of the stick ;){both sides of our 2 party system looks out for numero uno and keeps their 'special interests' right in their back pockets'!!!

But just stop and think how far we would have been getting the kinks worked out of the 'Healthcare Issue' had they paid more attention to Hillary Clintons well thought out ideas and PLAN!!!

Continue to delay this is just costing all of us anyway...we need to make this step/shove those politicians into some activity NOW...no more dragging their feet...they have had ample opportunity to do that and procrastination is their game to fame!!!:)

Back