The Night They Dumbed Our Country Down

Werbung:
Link that demonstrates that ANYONE except secretaries, janitors and security guards make less then $300,000 a year after a couple of years?

after a couple years they are beyond selling if they attain that success. otherwise they are still cold calling and trying to make a living.

link

after a couple years they are beyond selling if they attain that success. otherwise they are still cold calling and trying to make a living.

link

Sure they are!

But. . .they get a fee, whether stock goes up or stocks go down. . .whether people SELL or BUY!

What a HARD life!

Actually, I believe that the fact that they get a "broker fee" in ANY transaction is enciting the ups and downs of the market! If the market was very stable, there would be very little reason for anyone to buy or to sell. . . so the "broker's fees" would be few and far between!

But, when the market is all over the place, most people panic, or overreact, and they jump on "buy, buy, buy," or "sell, sell, sell," which brings "fees" either way! Could that be a conflict of interest? Especially since most people (especially small investors) get it totally wrong! They tend to sell when the stock goes down, and buy when it goes up. . .

Totally counter intuitive, but ver welcomed by Wall Street!

Sure they are!

But. . .they get a fee, whether stock goes up or stocks go down. . .whether people SELL or BUY!

What a HARD life!

Actually, I believe that the fact that they get a "broker fee" in ANY transaction is enciting the ups and downs of the market! If the market was very stable, there would be very little reason for anyone to buy or to sell. . . so the "broker's fees" would be few and far between!

But, when the market is all over the place, most people panic, or overreact, and they jump on "buy, buy, buy," or "sell, sell, sell," which brings "fees" either way! Could that be a conflict of interest? Especially since most people (especially small investors) get it totally wrong! They tend to sell when the stock goes down, and buy when it goes up. . .

Totally counter intuitive, but ver welcomed by Wall Street!

the lion's share of trading is fee based, that is to say the client pays a fee equal to a percentage based on the success of the portfolio manager. this goes quadruple for anyone dealing with an actual Wall Street trader.

the lion's share of trading is fee based, that is to say the client pays a fee equal to a percentage based on the success of the portfolio manager. this goes quadruple for anyone dealing with an actual Wall Street trader.

So what?

A couple of my neighbors are "investment managers," and they are currently sweating. . . but they resort to mutiplying the transactions. . .

So what?

A couple of my neighbors are "investment managers," and they are currently sweating. . . but they resort to mutiplying the transactions. . .

While I was a student in Economics at UCSC in 1992, I participated in an "experiment" at the very beginning of day trading. I was terrible at it! The students involved in that experiments were given a nominal $10 to trade, and we were then given the "winning" on the trades we would operate.. .

Some of the students made a few dollars. . . I lost it all! It was HIGH SPEED trading, but it was a fun experiment and I learned some.

But the most important thing I learned was that I didn't want anything to do with it!

So what? The average worker on Wall street still makes about 6X the amount of money an average worker across the US makes. . .although their compensation went down in 2010!

Wages on Wall Street tumbled more last year than at any time in modern history -- including the Great Depression, according to a study released yesterday by the city's Independent Budget Office.

The IBO reported that securities-industry wages averaged $311,279 in 2009, down 21.5 percent from $396,370 the previous year, and down 24.6 percent from $412,915 in the last 3 or 4 years!

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...g_broker_tEc61CvwH7Zykhh1an1KVL#ixzz1c86OM9gn

While I was a student in Economics at UCSC in 1992, I participated in an "experiment" at the very beginning of day trading. I was terrible at it! The students involved in that experiments were given a nominal $10 to trade, and we were then given the "winning" on the trades we would operate.. .

Some of the students made a few dollars. . . I lost it all! It was HIGH SPEED trading, but it was a fun experiment and I learned some.

But the most important thing I learned was that I didn't want anything to do with it!

So what?

so you admit that you did not work hard enough at it to be successful ? even though it can be fast its not Pac Man and to be any good at it requires a lot of analysis.

if few = 3 then on a $10 stake thats a pretty good return.

so you admit that you did not work hard enough at it to be successful ? even though it can be fast its not Pac Man and to be any good at it requires a lot of analysis.

if few = 3 then on a $10 stake thats a pretty good return.

Dear, my interest was NOT in the stock market, or day trading!

I wonder how the day traders or the wall street bunch would handle working with people with autism or down syndrom?

Does it mean that I am better than they are because I can do that work successfully AND I positively affected the life of at least 130 people with disability? NO. . .it just means that that was my vocation. . .and I did it for a mere $50,000 a year, although I was controlling a budget of about $5 millions a year to assure that all my clients would be safe, no matter what their level of disability was, and that the agency I worded for wouldn't be sued for neglect of their needs!

Does the fact that a man sits at his computer, or stands in bull pen at the stock market, but makes $300,000 a year shifting "numbers" around make his work harder or more valuable than mine? NO!

We both have our specialty. . .and I am satisfied that I contributed to a community very positively.

Can those Wall Street guys say that? I doubt it!

Dear, my interest was NOT in the stock market, or day trading!

I wonder how the day traders or the wall street bunch would handle working with people with autism or down syndrom?

Does it mean that I am better than they are because I can do that work successfully AND I positively affected the life of at least 130 people with disability? NO. . .it just means that that was my vocation. . .and I did it for a mere $50,000 a year, although I was controlling a budget of about $5 millions a year to assure that all my clients would be safe, no matter what their level of disability was, and that the agency I worded for wouldn't be sued for neglect of their needs!

Does the fact that a man sits at his computer, or stands in bull pen at the stock market, but makes $300,000 a year shifting "numbers" around make his work harder or more valuable than mine? NO!

We both have our specialty. . .and I am satisfied that I contributed to a community very positively.

Can those Wall Street guys say that? I doubt it!

how is it that an ECON grad even gets a job in socialwork ? b ut you should tread lightly on commenting on how hard their work is or judge it's value given your demonstrated knowledge of the business (it is my industry so I do have some perspective on it). these guys can have a positive effect on 130 or more people every day.

that being said I do not demean your line of work, it is valuable.

Werbung:
how is it that an ECON grad even gets a job in socialwork ? b ut you should tread lightly on commenting on how hard their work is or judge it's value given your demonstrated knowledge of the business (it is my industry so I do have some perspective on it). these guys can have a positive effect on 130 or more people every day.

that being said I do not demean your line of work, it is valuable.

Are you kidding? Are you trying to say that, because I have a bachelor in econ, the only thing I'm good for is go for an MBA?

Well, I also have a bachelor in psychology, and I did go for the MBA. . for one year. I couldn't stand it! I wanted to go into human resources, and the only thing I was being taught in the "human resources concentration" was how to help the corporation screw their employees. . .without being caught!

So, after a full year of MBA studies, I switched to the School of Social Work in the same university (San Jose State). . .and I loved it, because I was able to use ALL my skills (including my econs sense) to help people.

Would you like me to scan my diplomas and send them to you in a PM?

You only have to say the word! I might even attach my Phi Beta Kappa certificate!

Back