Syria: they're using chemical weapons...

I seems imminent that Obama is going to get us involved in Syria. Despite all the warnings from Russia, China and Iran.

Is it your assertion that we should decide foreign policy and a course of action based on "warnings" from Russia, China, and Iran? That is absurd.

It seems to be obvious that Syria is using chemical weapons against it's own people. This is a tragedy but, these weapons do not pose a clear and present danger to the US.

This is a gross violation of pretty much any international norm you can think of. It is a tragedy. We have to do something, especially after we declare that their use is unacceptable and a "red line". We lose all credibility with everyone if we do nothing. Iran won't think twice about running to finish a nuclear weapon, it will destroy our credibility in the ME with those friendly governments who we share/get vital intelligence from.

The downsides to any action are of course massive, which is why we are faced with bad decisions all around -- the worst of which being the establishment of a "red line" to begin with. A few days of bombing will accomplish nothing.

Why in the world would we intervene in Syria?

Because Obama went off teleprompter and established a red line. And credibility is that important.

Werbung:
This was posted on another forum by a member identifying his home as Israel:

Israelis flood ABC masks distribution points, fearing Syrian strike

It seems the Israelis are afraid of a nutjob fundamentalist getting control of Assad's chemical weapons.

Though the Home Front Command has yet to issue new instructions, distribution venues nationwide have bolstered staff to keep up with the turnout.

Israel is most likely equally as concerned about a few minor days of bombing and the Assad regime retaliating against Israel.

Is it your assertion that we should decide foreign policy and a course of action based on "warnings" from Russia, China, and Iran? That is absurd.
It is not absurd .... there is no national threat to the US .... it is called diplomacy! America has nothing to gain by going into Syria!

This is a gross violation of pretty much any international norm you can think of. It is a tragedy. We have to do something, especially after we declare that their use is unacceptable and a "red line". We lose all credibility with everyone if we do nothing. Iran won't think twice about running to finish a nuclear weapon, it will destroy our credibility in the ME with those friendly governments who we share/get vital intelligence from.
This is a violation of pretty much any international norm you can think of. It is a tragedy. We do not have to do anything. Obama is a pussy!!! He has already ruin the US's credibility world wide! *uck his meaningless "redline" .... our enemies are already embolden by his passivise policies!

Iran already does not think twice about running to finish a nuclear weapon, Obama has already said if Israel tries to stop Iran's nuclear program he will send jets to intercept their jets!!

We have no credibility abroad under this communist POS!

We have nothing to gain by going into Syria. It will destabilize the Middle East and add to the destruction of this Country which we all know is Obama's agenda!

Because Obama went off teleprompter and established a red line. And credibility is that important.

Obama did not "go off teleprompter" ..... this is calculated and the agenda is clear ............... this is a no win situation for the Middle East, especially for Israel or for America .... this is clear ... at this point ... a fulfillment of an American destructive agenda!

Read an interesting article outliningObama's plan to escape his brain fa*t regarding redlines. Hehas outlined exactly what he intends to do. First Assad has nothing to fear, not going after him. Not going for anything important. Are going to shoot some rockets at the Russian attack choppers (best fly them somewhere else for a bit).As is so very often the case he intends a costly and meaningless display. It changes nothing and will not get him out dutch with the left, right, cranky countries and most sadly the poor schmucks in Syria who will continue to get sh*t on by whichever tyrant is calling the shots this century. If you embrace a culture mired in the dark ages cant act surprised if thing suck all the time.

It is not absurd .... there is no national threat to the US .... it is called diplomacy! America has nothing to gain by going into Syria!

This is a violation of pretty much any international norm you can think of. It is a tragedy. We do not have to do anything. Obama is a pussy!!! He has already ruin the US's credibility world wide! *uck his meaningless "redline" .... our enemies are already embolden by his passivise policies!

Iran already does not think twice about running to finish a nuclear weapon, Obama has already said if Israel tries to stop Iran's nuclear program he will send jets to intercept their jets!!

We have nothing to gain by going into Syria. It will destabilize the Middle East and add to the destruction of this Country which we all know is Obama's agenda!

Obama did not "go off teleprompter" ..... this is calculated and the agenda is clear ............... this is a no win situation for the Middle East, especially for Israel or for America .... this is clear ... at this point ... a fulfillment of an American destructive agenda!

You have much more confidence in Obama's competence than I do, and a rather more radical view of his "agenda" as well.

You have much more confidence in Obama's competence than I do, and a rather more radical view of his "agenda" as well.
I am not sure I understand what you mean by I " have much more confidence in Obama's competence than I do" ... if you are referring to "confidence" in his America destroying agenda ... then yes ... the writing is on the wall!

And if you truly think I have "more radical views of his agenda" than you .... then perhaps you would care to discuss this "writing on the wall" or maybe you would choose to concede because we all know the NSA is watching everything we post!

Outside of the use of chemical weapons and the establishment of a red line, I would agree. But the reality is chemical weapons have been used, and we established a red line.

I don't get your argument -- it basically seems to be "Obama has already lost the US credibility on the world stage, therefore, we should pack up and go home." Correct me where I am wrong.

Obama did not say that....Saudi Arabia said they wouldn't open their air space to an attack on Iran if Israel was the only one attacking. There are other ways to get to Iran assuming Israel really wanted to go this route -- but the logistics involved, even if Saudi airspace was open are quite daunting.

We have lost some international credibility under Obama, that I agree with. Which makes it all the more important to get some back.

Syria is already destabilized. Certainly some minor bombing is relatively pointless, but Obama (as per usual) has tied his own hands with idiotic statements and forced himself into a bind.

This is quite a stretch. You are asserting that Obama, as part of his agenda to destroy the country he is President of, established a red line on the hope that a year later Syria would use chemical weapons...so that he could respond poorly...and hurt the United States..... I don't get it.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by I " have much more confidence in Obama's competence than I do" ... if you are referring to "confidence" in his America destroying agenda ... then yes ... the writing is on the wall! And if you truly think I have "more radical views of his agenda" than you .... then perhaps you would care to discuss this "writing on the wall" or maybe you would choose to concede because we all know the NSA is watching everything we post!

I mean that what you view as an "America destroying agenda" I see as bumbling incompetence. Take the "red line in the sand" comment for example: Was t hat a ploy to get us embroiled in yet another mid east war, or simply engaging his mouth without putting his brain in gear?

I mean that what you view as an "America destroying agenda" I see as bumbling incompetence. Take the "red line in the sand" comment for example: Was t hat a ploy to get us embroiled in yet another mid east war, or simply engaging his mouth without putting his brain in gear?
Was that a ploy .....

Hell NO! This communist take over has been 50 years in the making! Obama is just a POS puppet .... it is so much well calculated and thought out than just some pretend leaders slip up ....

Was that a ploy .....

Hell NO! This communist take over has been 50 years in the making! Obama is just a POS puppet .... it is so much well calculated and thought out than just some pretend leaders slip up ....

Who is running this grand conspiracy?

Was that a ploy .....

OK, so just who do you believe is actually behind the "Communist take over" of the United States?

Outside of the use of chemical weapons and the establishment of a red line, I would agree. But the reality is chemical weapons have been used, and we established a red line.
A "redline for what"? Freedom? Liberties? The Constitution? Humanity? Where the hell has this regime ever supported these principles, here or abroad? Please elaborate!!!

I don't get your argument -- it basically seems to be "Obama has already lost the US credibility on the world stage, therefore, we should pack up and go home." Correct me where I am wrong.

Pack up and go home from what? What principle? The US has no credibility on the "world stage"! What the hell is Obama's message here? That Syria should not violate the civil rights of it's citizens by gassing them ... as he tracks every move of all American citizens via the NSA?

Syria is already destabilized. Certainly some minor bombing is relatively pointless, but Obama (as per usual) has tied his own hands with idiotic statements and forced himself into a bind.

It was intentional ... and the outcome can become horrific just like the assassination of the Arch Duke Ferdinand!

This is quite a stretch. You are asserting that Obama, as part of his agenda to destroy the country he is President of, established a red line on the hope that a year later Syria would use chemical weapons...so that he could respond poorly...and hurt the United States..... I don't get it.
Really BigRob .... I am not buying that you don't get it! You strike me as so much more intelligent than that. Maybe affected by the "normalcy clause" a bit, but I am certain you see what is before your very eyes!

Werbung:
Back