sex ed in schools..should abstinence be taught

Like I said try Google........
If You’re Trying to Be an Butt, You’re Probably Succeeding

Some people thrive on their own arrogance. They’re self-important, holier-that-thou, know-it-alls who try and seize every opportunity to make others feel small. The funny thing about these kinds of people is that they’re:
  • Often wrong,
  • Actually don’t know what they’re talking about,
  • And use arrogance to mask their lack of confidence.
Like bullies, when they’re called on it, they back down. Though sometimes they fight harder — since any resistance will shed more light on their weakness. So they slather on a big ole’ jar of assclown, and use it to cover their inadequacies..

Your not one of those people are you? But it's ok if you are...

our friend Ap is following the usual path of non-believer folks. and credit where credit is due, he's far better at it that dawkinrocks who was painfully juvenile. I'll never understand why some people have a problem with the idea that there just might be something more important than themselves. considering how many people who might legitimately be qualified to begin to understand the meaning of it all who conclude that there has to be something more powerful behind things I don't see the insistence on pushing the contrary position.

but to each his own. my job is to witness and let the Holy Spirit do the heavy lifting.

Werbung:
All the sex savy teenagers with free birth control and access to abortions hasn't done one thing to make the situation better, in fact, STDs, and unwanted pregnancy are worse now than it ever was.
This whole argument is bogus.
I think they achieved their goal though. It was never about fewer pregnancies or less sex or less STD’s

It was about ridding themselves of the stigma that not having morals and decent behavior was a bad thing.

Now that almost everyone has abandon morals and decent behavior it doesn’t feel so shameful and they can now feel just like everyone else instead of the tramps they were to start with. The sad thing is that they had to drag a whole society down with them so they can feel good.

I think they achieved their goal though. It was never about fewer pregnancies or less sex or less STD’s

It was about ridding themselves of the stigma that not having morals and decent behavior was a bad thing.

Now that almost everyone has abandon morals and decent behavior it doesn’t feel so shameful and they can now feel just like everyone else instead of the tramps they were to start with. The sad thing is that they had to drag a whole society down with them so they can feel good.

amen amen amen

Thats right.

There is even a new definition of thw word slut so that it is a postitive thing. Rush should have used that in his defense.

It would be interesting if there was a solid research study on how many teens were truly clueless and ended up getting pregnant/STDs as a result of it as nowadays if you sex ed didn't teach you about how to properly put on a condom or what is legitimate contraception, a Google search can educate you fairly well. Another thing that amazes me is how many parents fail to have talks with their kids, I don't have kids yet so not sure how I'll approach it but it's definitely something that I plan to do. Some of my friends told me their parents never really talked about it and I remember in some extreme cases, I knew of a few people who were NOT allowed to partake in the school's sex ed class because of their parents wanting to remain exclusive to such talk.

And to backtrack a bit on the Internet, while it can be a good resource, probably can be really bad too as a lot of unqualified individuals giving sex advice nowadays (through forums etc.) and not to mention pr0n videos being used as educational how to's for certain individuals...

Like I said try Google........
If You’re Trying to Be an Butt, You’re Probably Succeeding

Some people thrive on their own arrogance. They’re self-important, holier-that-thou, know-it-alls who try and seize every opportunity to make others feel small. The funny thing about these kinds of people is that they’re:
  • Often wrong,
  • Actually don’t know what they’re talking about,
  • And use arrogance to mask their lack of confidence.
Like bullies, when they’re called on it, they back down. Though sometimes they fight harder — since any resistance will shed more light on their weakness. So they slather on a big ole’ jar of assclown, and use it to cover their inadequacies..

Your not one of those people are you? But it's ok if you are...
argumentum ad hominem... When you have a real comment let me know. ok.

why some people have a problem with the idea that there just might be something more important than themselves.
On the contrary scientific world view is quite humbling in comparison w/ a religious one...

Scientifically you are an ignorant bit of carbon on a pale blue dot orbiting an average star in an average size galaxy. To say we are an anthill in the universe would vastly overestimate our significance in the vast scope of existence.

Religiously the universe was created with you in mind. In christian theology you are actually made in the image of a god. You are born having a place in gods divine plan. Earlier in religious history christianity held to the idea of geocentrism putting us literalling in the centre of the universe.

considering how many people who might legitimately be qualified to begin to understand the meaning of it all who conclude that there has to be something more powerful behind things I don't see the insistence on pushing the contrary position.
Who are they and what are their conclusions? How did they arrive at these conclusions?

It would be interesting if there was a solid research study on how many teens were truly clueless and ended up getting pregnant/STDs as a result of it as nowadays if you sex ed didn't teach you about how to properly put on a condom or what is legitimate contraception, a Google search can educate you fairly well. Another thing that amazes me is how many parents fail to have talks with their kids, I don't have kids yet so not sure how I'll approach it but it's definitely something that I plan to do. Some of my friends told me their parents never really talked about it and I remember in some extreme cases, I knew of a few people who were NOT allowed to partake in the school's sex ed class because of their parents wanting to remain exclusive to such talk.

And to backtrack a bit on the Internet, while it can be a good resource, probably can be really bad too as a lot of unqualified individuals giving sex advice nowadays (through forums etc.) and not to mention pr0n videos being used as educational how to's for certain individuals...

Such a study would be very useful.

I considered having my sone not be a part of the school sex ed class simply because i feared they (the county health dept) would teach the wrong stuff and we are doing an excellent job ourselves.

AS it turned out I was given a preview of the class and enthusiastically approved of the content even if I thought the school would be better off focusing on reading writing and math.

@Dr. Who, I see, interesting insight there as to your reason and I can see that being valid. However, at least when I was in your son's shoes, even though some of the stuff they mentioned wasn't up to par with my own perspective, it was still a beneficial experience as I saw what others were being taught and engaged in some conversations with others about that which I otherwise would have not gotten a chance to. That insight later proved useful when situations arose.

My take on the public "education" thing is that the various bureaucrats who have control, are getting exactly what they want,
you see they do NOT want a well educated & THINKING population, they want a herd of sheep to be fleeced at will by the ruling oligarchy.

Just my opinion on the "SEX ED" bit, teach the kids that SEX is VERY HEAVY ENERGY and they should be very careful with it.
My observation of the results of SEX, is that every time a relationship progresses beyond "friends" and becomes sexual partners
the whole scene changes ... sometimes in a good way and the couple lives happily ever after, but sometimes its disaster and the
kids need to be aware of the fact that this stuff is NOT like playing video games it has serious consequences.

Just teling kids "don't have sex" does not work. They should be made aware of how risky sex is , but abstinance only doesn't cut the nustard.

Just teling kids "don't have sex" does not work. They should be made aware of how risky sex is , but abstinance only doesn't cut the nustard.
You are right, if they are going to insist on talking about sex with our kids they should at least tell the truth about it. but instead of telling them the truth they avoid the truth and say things like "condoms = safe sex" or abortions are safe

neither is true but we cant seem to get the government or the schools to be honest about either topic. As a parent I have gone round and round with teachers about this stuff.

Werbung:
Back