Is Christianity compatable with Communism

Are Christianity and Communism compatable?

• Yes

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Other[specify]

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God; note that the references in the Bible about a rich man not entering the kingdom of God are repeated three times in a row in three subsequent books of the Bible...as if God were trying to pound something into your head. Yet, you still search the scriptures for an "out". If I were you (claiming to be a believer) I would be very concerned about where I was going to spend eternity.

If you believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, how do you just discount the blatant contradiction?

Werbung:
I know I am late to the party, but of course Christianity is incompatible with communism. I base my opinion on history. Wherever communism has existed, Christianity is silenced...and that is putting it nicely.

Academic discussions are nice, but in reality communists will ultimately always purge (again being nice) Christians. In a communist society the state is uppermost and if you don't accept this...well you know.

If you believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, how do you just discount the blatant contradiction?

If you do not think that the Bible is the inspired word of God, why have you quoted it as justification for your beliefs?

I know I am late to the party, but of course Christianity is incompatible with communism. I base my opinion on history. Wherever communism has existed, Christianity is silenced...and that is putting it nicely.

Academic discussions are nice, but in reality communists will ultimately always purge (again being nice) Christians. In a communist society the state is uppermost and if you don't accept this...well you know.

This all depends on what you THINK Communism is. I, of course, KNOW what it is, but I want to hear what you mean when you say "Communism". The "State is All" and "Purging" gave me a hint.

This all depends on what you THINK Communism is. I, of course, KNOW what it is, but I want to hear what you mean when you say "Communism". The "State is All" and "Purging" gave me a hint.

It does not matter what you THINK it is. History tells us what it is. And history shows communism is not compatible with Christianity.

I think you know what I mean by those terms. If not, do a little research on your buddies Stalin, Mao, Castro, Pol Pot, etc.............................

It does not matter what you THINK it is. History tells us what it is. And history shows communism is not compatible with Christianity.

I think you know what I mean by those terms. If not, do a little research on your buddies Stalin, Mao, Castro, Pol Pot, etc.............................

I know exactly what you are talking about. However, the people you listed were the exact opposite of communists. How come? Firstly, communists oppose a state in it's modern form. The guys above are advocates of a "total state". Secondly, communists believe in direct democracy, while the people above were dictators. Thirdly, communists believe in the principle of political freedom, the people above had one-party states. Finally, communists believe in world unity, while those above intentionaly acted as an obstacle to it.

I know exactly what you are talking about. However, the people you listed were the exact opposite of communists. How come? Firstly, communists oppose a state in it's modern form. The guys above are advocates of a "total state". Secondly, communists believe in direct democracy, while the people above were dictators. Thirdly, communists believe in the principle of political freedom, the people above had one-party states. Finally, communists believe in world unity, while those above intentionaly acted as an obstacle to it.

Can you give us an example of a truly Communist country, preferably a more or less modern one?

I'm not sure what you're describing has ever really existed.

It would seem that all the countries that were labeled as "communist", were in fact counties that distorted and/or perverted the principles of what what communism was supposed to be. Somewhat like our own representative form of government with its distortions and/or perversions of the principals of a democratic republic (contributions of special interests, businesses to candidates, behind the scenes deals, etc.) based on free enterprise (anything goes to make more profit).

What makes you say that?

Not even the most devout or patriotic among us is really willing to put aside selfish desires to work for the good of society. Most of us will work for our own needs and wants and those of our families. A few will work for their friends or extended family, (the "village") Hardly anyone will selflessly work for the betterment of strangers.

That's why the "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" doesn't work. It encourages people to have needs, not abilities.

Humans are not ants or bees.

Not even the most devout or patriotic among us is really willing to put aside selfish desires to work for the good of society. Most of us will work for our own needs and wants and those of our families. A few will work for their friends or extended family, (the "village") Hardly anyone will selflessly work for the betterment of strangers.

That's why the "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" doesn't work. It encourages people to have needs, not abilities.

Humans are not ants or bees.

And that statement will be proven if communism does not come around by 200 years.

Werbung:
And that statement will be proven if communism does not come around by 200 years.

That statement has already been proven by the fact that Communism has already been tried and failed. In another 200 years, the statement can still be made that Marxism has failed whenever it was tried, whether or not anyone tries it again.

Back