1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Do you think it odd that your God never acknowledges you? Is that rude?

Discussion in 'Culture & Religion' started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, Jul 19, 2018.

1. YehYah

YehYah Well-Known Member

I thank you very much, I truly wish to discuss our opinions on the Bible and religion.

I would like to start by giving my basic opinions, which are that religion cannot be proven either true or false by me, and that the Bible is but a user manual for man as a guide for assembling his life so it works to maximum benefit for him.

As with all product user manuals that come with the products I purchase, I need only to know, say I bought a vacuum cleaner, plug it into 120 or 220Vac, where the on switch is located, which end sucks, and how to replace the bag, not when.

The three things, from the Bible, I can truly put to use in my spiritual adventure are The Ten Commandments, The actual words that were spoken by Jesus himself, and the reason that the Bible gives for him being put to death.

I would like to discuss the death of Jesus, if it's ok with you?

Thanks very much,
    YY

2. Gnostic Christian Bishop

Gnostic Christian Bishop Well-Known Member

Which Jesus and what death?
    There are at least two Jesus'. One is the Roman invention that you likely are familiar with while the other od more of an Eastern mystic that I follow.

Your Jesus has poor morals while mine has good morals and I think you are basing your values on this Roman Jesus.

The Jesus I follow speaks like he does in the following.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Regards
    DL

3. YehYah

YehYah Well-Known Member

Bet you my Jesus can beat up your Jesus.

Could you please check with Youtube and see what your opinion on worshiping a graven image is?

Thanks,
    YY

4. Gnostic Christian Bishop

Gnostic Christian Bishop Well-Known Member

I prefer to wait to see if you ever have the balls to discuss moral.

Regards
    DL

5. YehYah

YehYah Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't realize that you considered by balls as being graven images.

You may want to recheck Youtube.

Best ever,
    YY