Health Care Reform

Re: "conservatives"; Quit Your WHINING About Health-Care!

No to your first question
2nd question: & I don't really care who rules this nation...as long as there isn' an "R" after their name.

Fair enough...I'm not too fond of the RINO's either.

How about "true" conservatism? You know... adhering to Constitutional constraints placed on centralized government, smaller, lawful government, personal responsibility inlieu of incremental entitlement mentality, ending the incestuous special interest relationships with a corrupt congress, fiscal responsibility...anything like that appeal to you?

Werbung:

How about "true" conservatism? You know... adhering to Constitutional constraints placed on centralized government, smaller, lawful government, personal responsibility inlieu of incremental entitlement mentality, ending the incestuous special interest relationships with a corrupt congress, fiscal responsibility...anything like that appeal to you?

How many such of those do you think exist? What percentage of the public? Have such people ever got above one per cent of the vote? Do you ever wonder why? Do you wonder why those who do exist, once elected, become RINOs? Or do you think that is bacuse power corrupts, rather than that holding elected office forces them to use some common sense, and to abandon an ideology that cannot solve real world problems in a 21st century world?

How many such of those do you think exist? What percentage of the public? Have such people ever got above one per cent of the vote? Do you ever wonder why? Do you wonder why those who do exist, once elected, become RINOs? Or do you think that is bacuse power corrupts, rather than that holding elected office forces them to use some common sense, and to abandon an ideology that cannot solve real world problems in a 21st century world?

About 70% of the popuation is centrist...the extremes on both the right and left have hijacked the political process.

A new movement is growing...I know you think they are just disaffected, racist, rednecks, and ignorant white Christians....but these people, from all walks of life and political affiliations, have simply had enough of the status quo....would you care to join us?

If so, check in with your local Tea Party organization

About 70% of the popuation is centrist...the extremes on both the right and left have hijacked the political process.

A new movement is growing...I know you think they are just disaffected, racist, rednecks, and ignorant white Christians....but these people, from all walks of life and political affiliations, have simply had enough of the status quo....would you care to join us?

If so, check in with your local Tea Party organization

And do you believe the world will end tomorrow, too? I thought you were a bit more savvy and less naive than that. Lots of people have felt that way in the past, in vain. The hippies felt that way, for example, in 1968. Let's see where you stand, a few months from now, and then you can re-think your position.

And do you believe the world will end tomorrow, too? I thought you were a bit more savvy and less naive than that. Lots of people have felt that way in the past, in vain. The hippies felt that way, for example, in 1968. Let's see where you stand, a few months from now, and then you can re-think your position.

What, toss the Constitution and accept your progressive agenda for the country? Not happening, my friend.

Your leftist hippies are now all grown up and in the progressive movement that has incrementally infiltrated the Democrat party....but your naivte on political matters suggest only emotion and compassion should rule the day...so, unless you can actually present more than air and feelings, I'm afraid this discussion is pointless. enjoy your evening.

Perot got 19%, Buchannon got 3%, an dthe situation wasn't anywhere near as bad as it is now. Then too. Lieberman got elected running against the likes of you.

Pure partisan BS & your links don't work either.

LOL, YOU talk about partisan? Just what the hell do you think BO, Pelosi, Reid, and the Dems are doing?

Anyway, the links must not like you either since they do work for me. Here is a sample of what one says:

By Mimi Hall, USA TODAY

In a backlash against President Obama’s health care legislation that stretches from Virginia to California, lawmakers in more than two-thirds of the states are scrambling to undercut the bill before it even passes Congress.

Earlier this month, Virginia became the first state to pass a law allowing its residents to opt out of the proposed federal requirement that everyone have health insurance, a key element of Obama’s plan. Legislatures in Utah and Idaho this month also approved measures limiting the scope of the proposed $950 billion health care bill pending in Congress.

A host of other state legislatures also are considering new laws and promoting constitutional amendments that would limit federal requirements. Most follow Virginia’s lead in nullifying the mandate on health insurance. Obama’s bill would expand health coverage to 31 million Americans who currently don’t have it and impose new regulations on the insurance industry.

The state measures are likely to be challenged in court, setting up new legal battles over whether federal law can trump state laws.

“If there are enough states or people refusing to comply … what’s the federal government going to do?” says Michael Boldin of the Tenth Amendment Center, a non-partisan think tank in Los Angeles that advocates individual and states’ rights.

The federal mandate is designed to help reduce costs by bringing young, healthy people into the health insurance pool. Opponents say it…

read the rest here

Miss_Cleo.jpg

The tide of support has ebbed...for both the administration and Democrat proposed HCR. The desperation in forcing this cobbled together, "nose in the tent" bill is because Democrats know the next election will unseat them.

:rolleyes:

You are turning it into a banana republic in case you had not noticed.
Oh....you mean (like) when Corporate-America is runnin'-the-show???? (Lemme guess....you're not a History Major, right??)

Uhhhhhhh.....that's what (our) health-care is, NOW!! (...in case you had not noticed.
296.gif
).​

You're talking "Pie in the sky" there. Interpreting the Constitution has always been & will always be a subjective thing,. The SCOTUS passed Dred Scott & Plessy v Furgeson & then did complete 180* reversals on their own decisions!

Werbung:

Read me the part where I put a 10 year cap on the CBO prediction....I didn't.

CBO: Health-care reform bill cuts deficit by $1.3 trillion over 20 years, covers 95%

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/03/cbo_health-care_reform_bill_cu.html

Let's see now. The Feds enact a huge new entitlement plan (obummercare) and its going to reduce the deficit. Anyone who believes that really needs mental help.

Please name one government welfare plan that actually reduced the deficit.

And, when has the government EVER predicted ACCURATELY the costs of their huge welfare programs?

Back