Apocalypse now?' What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech

Werbung:
What about the actual reality of the POPULAR VOTE.

It seems to be a common practice now to say that Trump is the "anointed one", and is compared to the likes of Lincoln, or Cyrus the King of Persia who ruled over the Israelites. Unfortunately this is again an example of their ignorance, and their inability, or lack of desire, to accept truth, and reality:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/is-donald-trump-like-cyrus-from-the-bible-159079/

"But Cyrus did not only do this for the people of Israel.

This became a standard Persian policy, allowing exiles to return to their homelands and rebuild their temples as subjects of the Persian empire.

We know this from the famous Cyrus Cylinder that was discovered in 1879. There, we read that Marduk, the chief god of the Babylonian pantheon and called "the king of the gods" in the text, "took the hand of Cyrus . . . and called him by his name, proclaiming him aloud for the kingship over all of everything."

e also read in the text that Cyrus restored the various idol temples in his empire, which gives further confirmation to the biblical account.

So, here, it is Marduk who is given credit for the reign of Cyrus. In the Bible, it is Yahweh, the God of Israel and the only true God, who takes the credit. Obviously, Cyrus did not know Him, just as Isaiah said.

Could Donald Trump, then, be a modern day Cyrus? Could it be that Trump, like Cyrus, clearly does not know the Lord in a real and personal way but could still be used by God to accomplish His purposes?

As the saying goes, let God be God, meaning, it's up to Him to do what He wants to do. Only He can answer this question for sure.

Or, from a more secular perspective, only time will tell.

What's clear, though, is that God did not raise up an idol-worshiping king to rule the nation of Israel. That would have been a curse rather than a blessing.

In contrast, Christians are talking about God raising up Trump to lead America, which would be very different than Cyrus being used to help the exiles return to Jerusalem and rebuild it.

That doesn't mean, of course, that Trump could not be a Cyrus type of figure. It simply means that the parallel breaks down when applied.

But there's another possibility to consider.

There was another ancient king named Nebuchadnezzar, the Babylonian leader who, decades before Cyrus became king, led his armies to destroy Jerusalem, burn down the temple, and send the Jewish people into exile in 586 BC.

He too was an idol worshiper, yet shockingly, Yahweh called him "My servant," stating plainly, "behold, I will send for all the tribes of the north, declares the LORD, and for Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and I will bring them against this land [meaning Judah] and its inhabitants, and against all these surrounding nations. I will devote them to destruction, and make them a horror, a hissing, and an everlasting desolation" (Jer 25:9; see also 27:6; 43:10).

So, Cyrus was anointed by God to restore the Jewish people from captivity and to rebuild Jerusalem after Nebuchadnezzar, as a vessel of divine judgment, was called by God to send the Jewish people into exile and to destroy Jerusalem.

Two pagan kings, one raised up to bring judgment and the other raised up to bring restoration.

Is Donald Trump a Cyrus or a Nebuchadnezzar, if either?"

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/i...us-from-the-bible-159079/#RRHsmLdlqjT0sqvX.99

Last edited:
Sure it is!

Too bad it is not in harmony with your heart!

I would suggest it is.

One thing his kind should ask themselves is since they now have demonstrated they support lying, adultery, thievery, and cowardice, among other actions God calls sin, how do they justify any opposition to abortion, homosexuality, transgenders, etc. fro ALL sin is equal in the eyes of the Lord.

It seems to be a common practice now to say that Trump is the "anointed one", and is compared to the likes of Lincoln, or Cyrus the King of Persia who ruled over the Israelites. Unfortunately this is again an example of their ignorance, and their inability, or lack of desire, to accept truth, and reality:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/is-donald-trump-like-cyrus-from-the-bible-159079/

"But Cyrus did not only do this for the people of Israel.

This became a standard Persian policy, allowing exiles to return to their homelands and rebuild their temples as subjects of the Persian empire.

We know this from the famous Cyrus Cylinder that was discovered in 1879. There, we read that Marduk, the chief god of the Babylonian pantheon and called "the king of the gods" in the text, "took the hand of Cyrus . . . and called him by his name, proclaiming him aloud for the kingship over all of everything."

We also read in the text that Cyrus restored the various idol temples in his empire, which gives further confirmation to the biblical account.

So, here, it is Marduk who is given credit for the reign of Cyrus. In the Bible, it is Yahweh, the God of Israel and the only true God, who takes the credit. Obviously, Cyrus did not know Him, just as Isaiah said.

Could Donald Trump, then, be a modern day Cyrus? Could it be that Trump, like Cyrus, clearly does not know the Lord in a real and personal way but could still be used by God to accomplish His purposes?

As the saying goes, let God be God, meaning, it's up to Him to do what He wants to do. Only He can answer this question for sure.

Or, from a more secular perspective, only time will tell.

What's clear, though, is that God did not raise up an idol-worshiping king to rule the nation of Israel. That would have been a curse rather than a blessing.

In contrast, Christians are talking about God raising up Trump to lead America, which would be very different than Cyrus being used to help the exiles return to Jerusalem and rebuild it.

That doesn't mean, of course, that Trump could not be a Cyrus type of figure. It simply means that the parallel breaks down when applied.

But there's another possibility to consider.

There was another ancient king named Nebuchadnezzar, the Babylonian leader who, decades before Cyrus became king, led his armies to destroy Jerusalem, burn down the temple, and send the Jewish people into exile in 586 BC.

He too was an idol worshiper, yet shockingly, Yahweh called him "My servant," stating plainly, "behold, I will send for all the tribes of the north, declares the LORD, and for Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and I will bring them against this land [meaning Judah] and its inhabitants, and against all these surrounding nations. I will devote them to destruction, and make them a horror, a hissing, and an everlasting desolation" (Jer 25:9; see also 27:6; 43:10).

So, Cyrus was anointed by God to restore the Jewish people from captivity and to rebuild Jerusalem after Nebuchadnezzar, as a vessel of divine judgment, was called by God to send the Jewish people into exile and to destroy Jerusalem.

Two pagan kings, one raised up to bring judgment and the other raised up to bring restoration.

Is Donald Trump a Cyrus or a Nebuchadnezzar, if either?"

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/i...us-from-the-bible-159079/#RRHsmLdlqjT0sqvX.99

Amazing what people cannot see, and in their blindness think they like it.

Yes we know, and that is why Trump, and his idiot followers, want others to believe he would have won the popular vote is not for 3-5 million illegals voting which is just another issue he will never prove, and will ignore the truth if it ever comes out.
This idiot follower knows Hillary won the popular vote because of California, So the rest of the country got what they wanted, California didn't..Like I said before.. I can live with that..

Did I pretend he didn't win?

Just a question here, I know how right wingers hate it when players are given awards for playing even though they lose the game, and in sports the one with the most points wins. In fact, I can think of no other situation where the "winner" has the lower score. Now, I suppose you can say that Clinton won the popular vote solely because of California thereby making all other States irrelevant. And it is true that Trump won the Electoral College.

Question is, why do you want to take that away from her, and then support the lying coward Trump, and his lies about how he would have won the popular vote if not for the illegal votes?

BTW, Republicans opposed the Electoral College several times including 1968, and 2004:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-electoral-college-history-20161219-story.html

Last edited:
I am not an American but the Electoral College voting system is how American determine the President. It was introduce as were similar systems I other countries to protect minorities> In Australia we give equal votes to smaller states like Tasmania to those of the larger states. This is to protect the federation >This is the system that all Presidents were elected . If you want to change the system you need a vote on the constitution.. In the meantime you are stuck with Trump for four years unless it get impeached or killed, Even then you will still have a Republican President. In Australia we have a Prime Minister who won by one seat and is ten point behind. But we can't get rid of him until the end of his term.

Werbung:
I am not an American but the Electoral College voting system is how American determine the President. It was introduce as were similar systems I other countries to protect minorities> In Australia we give equal votes to smaller states like Tasmania to those of the larger states. This is to protect the federation >This is the system that all Presidents were elected . If you want to change the system you need a vote on the constitution.. In the meantime you are stuck with Trump for four years unless it get impeached or killed, Even then you will still have a Republican President. In Australia we have a Prime Minister who won by one seat and is ten point behind. But we can't get rid of him until the end of his term.

Has anyone contested that Trump won the electoral college. . .or that the electoral college wasn't a constitutional process?

I don't believe so!

Is everyone happy with this? Obviously not. . .but it is a fact. A fact that 60% of Americans sorely regret today (look at the ever lower "approval ratings" of this new president. . .the lowest ever at this stage of the game).

So. . .we have him (he thinks) for 4 years. I happen to believe (and I have stated that even prior to his being elected) that The GOP never did "accept" Trump as President. . .but instead, knowing that they would lose everything if they didn't go with the populist choice, since he won the Republican primaries without any doubt, they decided it was smarter to let him play president for a few months. . .while letting the Dems gather enough ammunitions to push for an impeachment, with a an increasing number of GOP joining in. . .or at least "facilitating" the impeachment process. Then, the Republicans would have their REAL chosen candidate: Pence!

I don't think Pence is any better than Trump for America. . .he is smarter, he looks and acts more presidential, but he is an hyper religious hypocrite that has no respect for any human rights that do not fall in line with HIS ideas (the evangelical Talibans ideas) of Christianity!

Call me stupid. . .I don't mind. Time will tell!

Back