Apocalypse now?' What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech

I'm waiting for the real future. Not massively subsidized failures.
CNG is increasing in use. Half our busses run on it. The technology is here and it c works.
Figure out how to get hydrogen at a reasonable cost (nuclear power?) And it's the same known technology that emits water.
Batteries are no answer.

If you think the Hybrides are failure. . .we have not much to discuss.
Yes, I knew there were tax credit for using and purchasing means to move away from fossil fuel, both in automobiles, household energy consomption, etc.

And I totally applaud this.

Oil and coal have already cost enough, and I am not counting simply on economics, but on LIVES!

No. . .Why don't you be a good guy and move on. I am tired of playing with you.

Werbung:
If you think the Hybrides are failure. . .we have not much to discuss.
Yes, I knew there were tax credit for using and purchasing means to move away from fossil fuel, both in automobiles, household energy consomption, etc.

And I totally applaud this.

Oil and coal have already cost enough, and I am not counting simply on economics, but on LIVES!

No. . .Why don't you be a good guy and move on. I am tired of playing with you.
Lives huh...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_electric_vehicle_fire_incidents

You are free to ignore me as I am free to point out opposing views. It's the nature of chat boards

Lives huh...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_electric_vehicle_fire_incidents

You are free to ignore me as I am free to point out opposing views. It's the nature of chat boards

Are you kidding?

When I was talking about the lives lost because of fossil fuel, I was including the lives lost in the Iraqi war, and the destroyed lives of the children who drank spoiled water, and the lives of the Dakota Indians. . .and so many more lives in coal mines, on oil rigs!

Maybe you need to broaden your mind and think further than partisanship.

It seems that you take a special pleasure (or is it a compulsion) to criticise every word I write. In that case, I will have to be the "adult one," and stop answering to your constant remarks.

Have a nice life.

One can always hope! ;):D

Yes, there is hope. However, as has been proven more then once, they lack the ability to think beyond what they have been taught. They lack the intellect to question what they view as the authority figure. They lack the common sense to see what is right, and what is wrong. And they lack the integrity to admit what they are wrong.

Proverbs 14: 14-16

"The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself. The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident."

Are you kidding?

When I was talking about the lives lost because of fossil fuel, I was including the lives lost in the Iraqi war, and the destroyed lives of the children who drank spoiled water, and the lives of the Dakota Indians. . .and so many more lives in coal mines, on oil rigs!

Maybe you need to broaden your mind and think further than partisanship.

It seems that you take a special pleasure (or is it a compulsion) to criticise every word I write. In that case, I will have to be the "adult one," and stop answering to your constant remarks.

Have a nice life.

What do your prius batteries do to the environment ?
http://science.howstuffworks.com/sc...r-production-waste-offset-hybrid-benefits.htm

The nickel contained in the Prius' battery is mined and smelted at a plant in Ontario that has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the 'dead zone' around the plant to test moon rovers.Mar 14, 2007

But it's just Canada....

What do your prius batteries do to the environment ?
http://science.howstuffworks.com/sc...r-production-waste-offset-hybrid-benefits.htm

The nickel contained in the Prius' battery is mined and smelted at a plant in Ontario that has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the 'dead zone' around the plant to test moon rovers.Mar 14, 2007

But it's just Canada....

Do you ever read the articles you post, or are you just blissfully ignorant? From your article:

"If you drive both a conventional and hybrid car for 160,000 miles (257,495 kilometers), the conventional vehicle requires far more energy to operate and emits far more greenhouse gases over its lifetime, significantly canceling out any imbalance during the production stage"

Then too, in your haste to demonstrate your usual ignorance, you forgot to mention that Toyota is eliminating the nickle based battery in favor of the Lithium battery:

http://fortune.com/2016/10/31/toyota-prius-prime-lithium-batteries/

Don't waste your time! I certainly won't!
Openmind ?
Do you ever read the articles you post, or are you just blissfully ignorant? From your article:

"If you drive both a conventional and hybrid car for 160,000 miles (257,495 kilometers), the conventional vehicle requires far more energy to operate and emits far more greenhouse gases over its lifetime, significantly canceling out any imbalance during the production stage"

Then too, in your haste to demonstrate your usual ignorance, you forgot to mention that Toyota is eliminating the nickle based battery in favor of the Lithium battery:

http://fortune.com/2016/10/31/toyota-prius-prime-lithium-batteries/
Any lithium is good in the landfill ?
Far more energy to operate ? Would seem to defy physics but what of the cost ? What will it have cost ?
There are better options.

Openmind ?

Any lithium is good in the landfill ?
Far more energy to operate ? Would seem to defy physics but what of the cost ? What will it have cost ?
There are better options.

Again you cannot grasp intelligent concepts. Lithium is more economical then nickle, electric is more economical then gas.
Gas is not the better option. In fact, you might look into Tesla's new battery. And speaking of costs, not to ignore the Exxon spill, the BP spill, the Michigan oil spill, etc.:

"The new battery projects were commissioned in response to a fossil-fuel disaster—the natural gas leak at Aliso Canyon, near the Los Angeles neighborhood of Porter Ranch. It released thousands of tons of methane into the air before it was sealed last February.

In its wake, Southern California Edison (SCE) rushed to deploy energy storage deals to alleviate the risk of winter blackouts. There wasn’t any time to waste: All of the projects rolling out this week were completed within 6 months, an unprecedented feat. Tesla moved particularly nimbly, completing in just three months a project that in the past would have taken years."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...battery-revolution-just-reached-critical-mass

Lithium is more economical then nickle,
just a quick question but isn't lithium a scarce metal and only found in low level concentrations? If so the more you use the more expensive it becomes as demand rises. Since it is only found in low concentrations the scale of mining required to sustain potential demand must surely have environmental impacts as well as requiring huge resources to extract it. Is the energy being expended to obtain it equal to or less than the energy you obtain from it?

just a quick question but isn't lithium a scarce metal and only found in low level concentrations? If so the more you use the more expensive it becomes as demand rises. Since it is only found in low concentrations the scale of mining required to sustain potential demand must surely have environmental impacts as well as requiring huge resources to extract it. Is the energy being expended to obtain it equal to or less than the energy you obtain from it?
Yup
But that makes them attractive to make and sell. But kind of a nightmare environmentally.

Werbung:

Lithium is not that scarce in spite of what Dog says. Lithium is one metal that China does not have control of, and will increase the price of in a bidding war to gain control:

https://www.moneymorning.com.au/20121113/why-lithium-is-another-rare-element-on-chinas-radar.html'

The US currently has a working mine in Nevada, and a new deposit was found in Wyoming. Then you have the "Lithium Triangle" in South America. Dog, as usual, did not look up any facts so spoke out of his arse.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...thium-Deposit-could-Meet-all-U.S.-Demand.html

Back