Apocalypse now?' What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech

Werbung:
My clean source of choice. Nukes rock!

I'm not against it. The likelihood of dying from it is so much lower than that of dying in a car accident 5 miles from your home!
Wind turbine infancy ?
They were put in use 1931 in Yalta and for non electric 500AD in Persia.

Wind turbine infancy ?
They were put in use 1931 in Yalta and for non electric 500AD in Persia.

So was the wheel. . .ut the fact is that hybrids and electric cars are still very easy in their development. . .as is wind turbine technology! You're back at splitting hair, aren't you!

Hybrid are already very efficients. Electric cars are becoming main street's darlings.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/10/why-former-wall-street-darling-tesla-has-slipped-into-reverse.html
http://usa.streetsblog.org/2013/07/01/the-exaggerated-benefits-of-electric-cars/ The big problem is range.. in most of America some people drive more then 100 miles a day..When electric cars become cars that everyone wants.. then they will be the darlings of the Auto industry too.. If you live in the city they are becoming more popular. (but I wouldn't call them the darlings just yet even if the Huffington post say's so..)
Yes, they are more expensive. Why? Because the motor industry wants it that way. . .because the oil industry wants it that way. Because the OIL INDUSTRY's lobbyists are so powerful that they obtain the bulk of all subsidies for energy, instead of turning to research and development for more environmentally friendly energy sources and the products that would use the new energy.
Do you know why this matters to me? Well, I care because ignorance is the basis of bad energy policy decisions. Bad energy policy decisions are likely to lead to higher levels of oil imports, which will hasten the demise of the U.S. as a superpower. (Lots of bad decisions are contributing to our slide toward mediocrity, but record trade deficits brought on by record flows of money to oil exporting nations are a contributor).
People need to stop Marginalizing oil until they have a replacement for oil and the jobs it creates same goes for the auto industry ...Let me be clear that I want to see the world reduce dependency on oil. But my fear is that before that day comes, we will simply marginalize our domestic oil companies, and while we are still heavily dependent on oil, that dependence is shifted to an even greater degree to foreign oil companies like Saudi Aramco. So I think it is a bad idea to put policies in place that will give foreign oil companies an advantage over domestic oil companies — and many of the proposals that are frequently floated would do just that.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/10/why-former-wall-street-darling-tesla-has-slipped-into-reverse.html
http://usa.streetsblog.org/2013/07/01/the-exaggerated-benefits-of-electric-cars/ The big problem is range.. in most of America some people drive more then 100 miles a day..When electric cars become cars that everyone wants.. then they will be the darlings of the Auto industry too.. If you live in the city they are becoming more popular. (but I wouldn't call them the darlings just yet even if the Huffington post say's so..)

Do you know why this matters to me? Well, I care because ignorance is the basis of bad energy policy decisions. Bad energy policy decisions are likely to lead to higher levels of oil imports, which will hasten the demise of the U.S. as a superpower. (Lots of bad decisions are contributing to our slide toward mediocrity, but record trade deficits brought on by record flows of money to oil exporting nations are a contributor).
People need to stop Marginalizing oil until they have a replacement for oil and the jobs it creates same goes for the auto industry ...Let me be clear that I want to see the world reduce dependency on oil. But my fear is that before that day comes, we will simply marginalize our domestic oil companies, and while we are still heavily dependent on oil, that dependence is shifted to an even greater degree to foreign oil companies like Saudi Aramco. So I think it is a bad idea to put policies in place that will give foreign oil companies an advantage over domestic oil companies — and many of the proposals that are frequently floated would do just that.

You are overstating how much the AVERAGE American drives per day. . .40 miles is the average, not over 100 miles.

National Household Travel Survey Daily Travel Quick Facts | Bureau ...
https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/rita.dot.gov.bts/files/.../daily_travel.htm

Ignorance is indeed sad. . .but what is even worse is FALSE KNOWLEDGE and alternate facts. You seem to take your source of information exclusively from Right wing sources. . .BIG mistake! Misleading information is worse than no information.

Unless we realise and ACT ON the fact that fossile fuel will soon be a thing of the past, and that it is seriously bad for our environment, AND for peace, we will never allocate enough research and development money to efficiently develop other, cleaner sources of energy.

You are talking about the Telsa. . .a car that is so expensive and avant garde that it is far outside the reach of the average American. I am talking about hybrid and electric cars that ARE in the reach of the average American and getting more affordable every year. If we do not put enough resources to continue to improve this kind of more efficient, cleaner fuel mode of transportation, we will be falling far behind the rest of the world. The big fear of the Oil industry is NOT to run out of oil. . .it is to not be able to sell their oil to the last drop. . .because it becomes outdated.

And I HATE the idea that our young people have been sent to war BECAUSE OF OIL. . .and Trump seems to be willing to do more of that. Hasn't he stated that "we should have taken the Iraqi oil, and maybe we still should?"

Luckily, Mattis is against that statement. It seems that the smartest of Trump appointees are spending the greatest part of their time trying to fix the stupidity their boss spews in his speeches and in his tweets!

You have been brainwashed by the Right. . . .I am not even a Democrat. . .I am an Independent. Trump is either evil or he is a dumb puppet. There is a real danger that, with Trump, we will become the toy of Russia.
An independent ( Like Burnie who ran as a Democrate) When Trump becomes a danger or a puppet to Russia (or a dummy) I will be the first to speak out on it.
You like Trump. . .go for it. But if you believe that Trump and his attitude towards all the population groups I cited before is compatible with your faith. . .you are lying to yourself. And I assume you are not a Catholic, or you could take Pope Francis' word for it!
I was raised catholic, but not anymore. But if you read the bible and study it you see that things You and I know trump has done, are forgivable and none of them are remotely close to the things many leaders in the Bible had done. Yet God called them to serve.. and you call him evil..we have a difference of opinion on what evil is..

You are overstating how much the AVERAGE American drives per day. . .40 miles is the average, not over 100 miles.
You might want to settle down and re-read what I said.
I said.. The big problem is range.. in most of America some people drive more then 100 miles a day.. (SOME PEOPLE) Most everyone I know drives more then 40 miles a day..Ignorance is indeed sad

An independent ( Like Burnie who ran as a Democrate) When Trump becomes a danger or a puppet to Russia (or a dummy) I will be the first to speak out on it.

I was raised catholic, but not anymore. But if you read the bible and study it you see that things You and I know trump has done, are forgivable and none of them are remotely close to the things many leaders in the Bible had done. Yet God called them to serve.. and you call him evil..we have a difference of opinion on what evil is..

I have respect for the Bible and the New Testament, obviously, but I do NOT BELIEVE IT IS THE DIRECT WORD of GOD. First, it relates stories prior to any written form, and thus those stories have been interpreted by many generations, prior to even be written down. And then, the translation from dead languages into so many living languages have required the interpretation of MEN, who by definition are faillible. So, my respect for the Bible is more as an historical document, but I find the truth in my heart and conscience, because there I am in direct contact with God.

And, yes, that may seem arrogant. But what makes you think that so many preachers have more understanding of the will of God than simple humans. Children are actually the closest creature to God, and it is the grown ups who destroy their ability to know the good and the bad, to differentiate between races.

Gandhi said it best (and after him, the Daila Lama repeated it): "God has no religion." God precedes religions and it is MEN who have created EVERY Religions to try to make sense of God. . . but also to take power over others.

While I respect that religions (all religions) have a place in our life, all religions are manmade, all religions are imperfect, and all religions are the cultural reflection of the higher power or God.

You might want to settle down and re-read what I said.
I said.. The big problem is range.. in most of America some people drive more then 100 miles a day.. (SOME PEOPLE) Most everyone I know drives more then 40 miles a day..Ignorance is indeed sad

And the statistics say the opposite. Talking about "ignorance," how much do you know about statistics?
You see. . .if "MOST EVERYONE" drives mote than 40 miles a day. . .the AVERAGE wouldn't be under 40 miles a day.

So. . .you may live in an area that is far from a city, or far from shopping, or you may have a job that requires you and your co-workers to be on the road a lot, but the AVERAGE in the US is still UNDER 40 miles a day. . .even taking into account what YOU and PEOPLE AROUND YOU drive!

And, obviously, if yo are on the road a lot, I wouldn't recommend an electric car TODAY. . .but I would CERTAINLY recommend an hybride!

I'm not against it. The likelihood of dying from it is so much lower than that of dying in a car accident 5 miles from your home!

So was the wheel. . .ut the fact is that hybrids and electric cars are still very easy in their development. . .as is wind turbine technology! You're back at splitting hair, aren't you!
No, pointing out that there is no truth to the statement that they are in their infancy.
Don't know why you interject cars into this but there is nothing new about them either. Be sure to consider the impact of dead electric car batteries on the environment. Far more damaging than emmissions.

They are expensive toys.

I have respect for the Bible and the New Testament, obviously, but I do NOT BELIEVE IT IS THE DIRECT WORD of GOD. First, it relates stories prior to any written form, and thus those stories have been interpreted by many generations, prior to even be written down. And then, the translation from dead languages into so many living languages have required the interpretation of MEN, who by definition are faillible. So, my respect for the Bible is more as an historical document, but I find the truth in my heart and conscience, because there I am in direct contact with God.

And, yes, that may seem arrogant. But what makes you think that so many preachers have more understanding of the will of God than simple humans. Children are actually the closest creature to God, and it is the grown ups who destroy their ability to know the good and the bad, to differentiate between races.

Gandhi said it best (and after him, the Daila Lama repeated it): "God has no religion." God precedes religions and it is MEN who have created EVERY Religions to try to make sense of God. . . but also to take power over others.

While I respect that religions (all religions) have a place in our life, all religions are manmade, all religions are imperfect, and all religions are the cultural reflection of the higher power or God.
I do not agree with a lot of what you said, BUT, I LOVE that post..Thank you.
"Someone has said that the hard places of life will either make you hard and mean or drive you to Jesus. That's true, but there's more than that. Sometimes the dark will teach you about yourself, about God's love, and about amazing grace. There are those who have been there and teach the rest of us what they found so we can find it too. That's what Kendra Fletcher has done in a wonderful and refreshing way. As I read this book I cried, and I laughed. This is a book that just might change any ones life!" book is called.. LOST & FOUND
Our unity is supernatural. It is Spirit-borne. Our differences may be important to us, but nothing should divide us so that we spurn anyone who does something in love. As that Methodist guy said, “If your heart is as my heart, give me your hand.” enough said..

Werbung:
And the statistics say the opposite. Talking about "ignorance," how much do you know about statistics?
You see. . .if "MOST EVERYONE" drives mote than 40 miles a day. . .the AVERAGE wouldn't be under 40 miles a day.

So. . .you may live in an area that is far from a city, or far from shopping, or you may have a job that requires you and your co-workers to be on the road a lot, but the AVERAGE in the US is still UNDER 40 miles a day. . .even taking into account what YOU and PEOPLE AROUND YOU drive!

And, obviously, if yo are on the road a lot, I wouldn't recommend an electric car TODAY. . .but I would CERTAINLY recommend an hybride!
My wife owns one a Honda.. She's from California lol..By the way,I was not quoting a statistic

Back