Apocalypse now?' What Europe's media thought of the Trump speech

Given who buys them, I would not.
They are "expensive toys!" Like I said my wife has one (She's from California, we've been married 43 years..) and it won't even pull my boat..My truck of choice is a dodge diesel ...it pulls my boat and tractors and cost about the same as her car..

Werbung:
They are "expensive toys!" Like I said my wife has one (She's from California, we've been married 43 years..) and it won't even pull my boat..My truck of choice is a dodge diesel ...it pulls my boat and tractors and cost about the same as her car..
And it's fine if your transportation needs are limited and you don't mind spending that much more to "be green".
But the batteries are good for about 7 -8 years and are 4-5k to replace. So you don't want a used one and if you don't covet new car smell then they just aren't an option.
Pretty much the definition of expensive toy. Not unlike a Tag Heuer watch. TelL's time but so does the 10 dollar one at walmart. They are coold but they are trinkets.

And it's fine if your transportation needs are limited and you don't mind spending that much more to "be green".
But the batteries are good for about 7 -8 years and are 4-5k to replace. So you don't want a used one and if you don't covet new car smell then they just aren't an option.
Pretty much the definition of expensive toy. Not unlike a Tag Heuer watch. TelL's time but so does the 10 dollar one at walmart. They are coold but they are trinkets.
The funny thing is for the last twenty five years she's driven suburbans.. big difference, I think her family in california had something to do with it.. lol

That doesn't make much sense! How can you explain that, if they are so bad and only are "good" for 7 to 8 years, and the batteries are so expensive to replace. . .more people do not sell them to get new ones? So. . .it should be easy (if you are correct) to fine a used Hybride. . .And if I am correct, a Toyota Prius is merely $2 to $3,000 more expensive than another middle size Toyota!

And Honda does have an hybride that is cheaper than a Honda Accord.

Again. . .I said it a couple of times now, but it is a fact that all the new technologies (hybride and electric) are still experiencing a "learning curve" and will continue to improve. . .IF WE GIVE THEM A CHANCE!

It took over 100 years for the standard car to achieve today's efficiency. . .what makes you think that the new technologies can be "perfect" in just 15 or 20 years of development?

No, pointing out that there is no truth to the statement that they are in their infancy.
Don't know why you interject cars into this but there is nothing new about them either. Be sure to consider the impact of dead electric car batteries on the environment. Far more damaging than emmissions.

I haven't made much efforts to research the impact of car batteries on the environment. . .but I am pretty sure that good processing can improve that impact, just as it has for regular batteries.

And, YES, hybrides and electric cars are STILL on a learning curb. And if I interject cars into this, it is because of the FUEL they use. DUH!

I do not agree with a lot of what you said, BUT, I LOVE that post..Thank you.
"Someone has said that the hard places of life will either make you hard and mean or drive you to Jesus. That's true, but there's more than that. Sometimes the dark will teach you about yourself, about God's love, and about amazing grace. There are those who have been there and teach the rest of us what they found so we can find it too. That's what Kendra Fletcher has done in a wonderful and refreshing way. As I read this book I cried, and I laughed. This is a book that just might change any ones life!" book is called.. LOST & FOUND
Our unity is supernatural. It is Spirit-borne. Our differences may be important to us, but nothing should divide us so that we spurn anyone who does something in love. As that Methodist guy said, “If your heart is as my heart, give me your hand.” enough said..

I like that Methodist guy's quote. My problem is that, if my heart was as Trump's heart has proven to be. . .I could never even look at his hand!.

People need to stop Marginalizing oil until they have a replacement for oil and the jobs it creates same goes for the auto industry
fair point, and not just the auto industry you take away oil and the world will litterally grind to a halt.

They are expensive toys.
so were petrol engines when they first came out more than 100 years ago but they evolved with advancements in technology surely that should be the thought process and ultimate aim? Anyone can slam an emerging technology if it doesn’t work right off the bat.

That doesn't make much sense! How can you explain that, if they are so bad and only are "good" for 7 to 8 years, and the batteries are so expensive to replace. . .more people do not sell them to get new ones? So. . .it should be easy (if you are correct) to fine a used Hybride. . .And if I am correct, a Toyota Prius is merely $2 to $3,000 more expensive than another middle size Toyota!

And Honda does have an hybride that is cheaper than a Honda Accord.

Again. . .I said it a couple of times now, but it is a fact that all the new technologies (hybride and electric) are still experiencing a "learning curve" and will continue to improve. . .IF WE GIVE THEM A CHANCE!

It took over 100 years for the standard car to achieve today's efficiency. . .what makes you think that the new technologies can be "perfect" in just 15 or 20 years of development?
And what is the government subsidy on that car ? 7k.

fair point, and not just the auto industry you take away oil and the world will litterally grind to a halt.

so were petrol engines when they first came out more than 100 years ago but they evolved with advancements in technology surely that should be the thought process and ultimate aim? Anyone can slam an emerging technology if it doesn’t work right off the bat.
Henry Ford made cars accessible by reinventing manufacture.

And what is the government subsidy on that car ? 7k.

I was talking about HYBRIDES, not plug in.

And, even for the plug ins, the "subsidies" consist of tax credits and are dependent on the power of the battery. ONLY the Telsa (which we have already agreed is out of reach of most people) gets $7,500. Others get as low as $,2500, or $4,500.

So. . .what is your point?

By the way, Ford is also developing the car of the future. Would you prefer to stay stuck in the 20th century for ever?

Werbung:
I was talking about HYBRIDES, not plug in.

And, even for the plug ins, the "subsidies" consist of tax credits and are dependent on the power of the battery. ONLY the Telsa (which we have already agreed is out of reach of most people) gets $7,500. Others get as low as $,2500, or $4,500.

So. . .what is your point?

By the way, Ford is also developing the car of the future. Would you prefer to stay stuck in the 20th century for ever?
I'm waiting for the real future. Not massively subsidized failures.
CNG is increasing in use. Half our busses run on it. The technology is here and it c works.
Figure out how to get hydrogen at a reasonable cost (nuclear power?) And it's the same known technology that emits water.
Batteries are no answer.

Back