Thoughts on the Death Penalty

Werbung:
Trump is guilty as hell of what he was convicted of and a whole lot more. Trump is a narcissistic psychopath and cannot be rehabilitated. He should be incarcerated until he is no threat to anyone.

We should execute NOBODY unless the evidence is exceedingly clear. Like McVeigh, for example.
FTR: i think (even) mcvey should not have been executed.

"The first documented lynching in U.S. history happened in Missouri in 1838. By the late 1800s, racial terror lynchings had increased in regularity, particularly in Southern, former slave-holding states. Throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, at least 60 Black Missourians were killed in lynchings, making it the state with the second highest number of racial terror lynchings outside of the South.

Although the number of lynchings declined, public executions continued in Missouri longer than all but one other state. Public executions were a form of racial violence: there are examples of sheriffs providing execution attendees with
souvenirs such as pieces of the ropes used to hang Black people and even the victim’s body parts. After a quadruple execution in St. Louis, a drug store owner was permitted to display the severed head of a Black person who was executed in his shop. The constant reminders of brutal lynchings and executions were used by white people to continually threaten and intimidate Black people."

Innocent victims of guilty verdicts in criminal trials is no justification for doing away with guilty verdicts or appropriate sentences.
actually it is.

here:

Is it Better that Ten Guilty Persons Go Free Than that One ...​

1727374051057.webp
Office of Justice Programs (.gov)
https://www.ojp.gov › ncjrs › virtual-library › abstracts

by V Halvorsen · Cited by 48 — This article examines and attempts to interpret a 1769 doctrine that says, “the law holds that it is better that 10 guilty persons escape, than that 1 innocent ...

actually it is.

here:

Is it Better that Ten Guilty Persons Go Free Than that One ...

View attachment 16899
Office of Justice Programs (.gov)
https://www.ojp.gov › ncjrs › virtual-library › abstracts

by V Halvorsen · Cited by 48 — This article examines and attempts to interpret a 1769 doctrine that says, “the law holds that it is better that 10 guilty persons escape, than that 1 innocent ...
Being unjustly condemned is a result of human error and sin, as we have seen in Trump's unjust persecution by the wicked

Executing mass murderers for committing mass murder is just
your opinion is no more valid than mine on face of it. but i have argument in favor of my position. i suspect you have none or crappy/religous ones.

here is mine: "punishment" should only be for deterrence. period.

Werbung:
Back