What a sad, truly sad statement about our homophobic way of thinking!

Werbung:
Ahhh, but Dogtown...if it's not a 'DOWNER' then you wouldn't ever know once it's been processed...GROUND ROUND coming to your next burger/steak/roast on your dining table ;)

the get more for them as living freaks if they've a mind to sell.
and they son't generally make it up to size.

the get more for them as living freaks if they've a mind to sell.
and they son't generally make it up to size.
Don't know if they still have those 'Freaky Side Show Tents'...but back to the topic.

Do you think that this DADT will get all sorted out this year or will it be left on the sidelines to await some other year/person in charge?

Don't know if they still have those 'Freaky Side Show Tents'...but back to the topic.

Do you think that this DADT will get all sorted out this year or will it be left on the sidelines to await some other year/person in charge?

I suppose it might make it this year but probably more in the form that a plan gets proposed before year end rather than it becomng a wrap. I don't tnink they can drag it out till Obama is gone and I'm not sure Congress will oppose it. I could be dead wrong on the Congress part. If people start calling and writing then the congress critters are nervous enough to back away for fear of giving people another excuse to vote them out.

Your hatred of gay people is obvious, but what's less obvious is why you have attacked me so consistenly and with such vitriol. I suppose it's because I have poked holes in your undereducated pop-psych definitions and your penchant for off-the-cuff diagnosis. I also caught you in the lie about having a degree in biology, I caught you posting articles that sounded like they supported your position from the title, but when one actually READ them as I did one discovers that they contradicted your whole thesis.

You're no threat to me, but you are a great foil. Your baseless diagnosis of me and others may satisfy people like dog who has less education than even you do, but it won't fool anyone with some learning. You give me a chance to speak out against the low-brow hoi polloi attitude that you embody so well. While you have some reasonable things to say on other subjects, you jump the rails anytime you get fired-up about gay or transpeople. Your objectivity goes right out the window. This is a good thing for others to see because it shows the depth of hatred and bigotry aimed at gay and transpeople by an uneducated segment of the population.
Can anyone say "in denial and defensively lashing out?" Wow. Mare, I know you're in defense posture now but when the dust settles and you're alone, go get help. They have hotlines and stuff, people who will talk with you any hour of the day.

Can anyone say "in denial and defensively lashing out?" Wow. Mare, I know you're in defense posture now but when the dust settles and you're alone, go get help. They have hotlines and stuff, people who will talk with you any hour of the day.

I'm afraid its a little late for help as Mare has seen to getting a permanent solution that limits the options out from here. Perhaps the best outcome is as a lesson for others.

Parents, if your kid is getting thumped in school, address it.

sodomy-teabagging.jpg

well good for you.

I know you don't mean it, but thank you anyway. One of the things that's missed in this discussion is that the AMA's use of the Harry Benjamin Standards of Care has been very successful when nothing else in over a hundred years of experimentation has been.

Even Pakistan has recognized the rights of transgendered people and is currently rewriting their laws to protect them from the traditional abuse that they have received under Islamic law.

I smell that cattle truck again.:D

I know you don't mean it, but thank you anyway. One of the things that's missed in this discussion is that the AMA's use of the Harry Benjamin Standards of Care has been very successful when nothing else in over a hundred years of experimentation has been.

Even Pakistan has recognized the rights of transgendered people and is currently rewriting their laws to protect them from the traditional abuse that they have received under Islamic law.

just so we're clear, I give no quarter to abuse of such folk.

I'm afraid its a little late for help as Mare has seen to getting a permanent solution that limits the options out from here. Perhaps the best outcome is as a lesson for others.

Parents, if your kid is getting thumped in school, address it.

Great point, dog, bullying is a serious problem in schools. Much of it comes from the parents however, the bigoted attitudes they exhibit encourage abusive behavior in their kids.

One of the good things that has come out of people such as myself speaking out is that more parents are now aware of trans-issues and can address them in their own children at an early age. A year ago in June the first openly transgendered teenager graduated from high school in a nearby town. Her parents allowed her to dress and live as the girl she felt that she was, she took hormones and went through puberty with her peers. She was accepted by the kids and they defended her against newcomers who stepped out of line. She had gender reassignment surgery the day after her 18th birthday and has gone off to college now. I've been on panels with her and she not only beautiful, but intelligent, witty, and well-informed.

More and more of these kids are getting the help they need at earlier ages and are living better lives because of it. You see, many people can learn and don't have to remain trapped by the hates and fears of the past. Just as we no longer fear deformed babies as being touched by the Devil or persecute left-handed people for being emotionally unstable, many of us have learned from science and experience to understand transsexualism as the birth defect it is and deal with is medically instead of hysterically. Some people though, are so deeply rooted in the religious past or the sexual binary that they simply can't change. Too bad, but the world moves on without them.

just so we're clear, I give no quarter to abuse of such folk.
Care to explain? You don't agree with abuse of transpeople? Gays? Where do you draw the line on "abuse"? Denial of equality? Verbal abuse on websites? Or just the beating, killing, or raping of them?

Werbung:
Back