What a sad, truly sad statement about our homophobic way of thinking!

Great point, dog, bullying is a serious problem in schools. Much of it comes from the parents however, the bigoted attitudes they exhibit encourage abusive behavior in their kids.

Bullying is one thing, beating is another. Schools are doing what they can and its helping but its a little like counting on the police to do something for a crime that is happening right that minute. Its not going to happen.

The kid needs some tools to help themselves.

Werbung:
either or. abuse means actual abuse. you said you were beaten as a youth, thats abuse.

I learned early and well how to fight, but yes, it's all abuse. But then so is the grief that transpeople get from the general public who have no education on the subject, who don't know that it's a birth defect with solid biological basis in genetics and endocrinology. In most States in the Union you can still be fired from your job for being a transsexual and religious people treat us as if we were homosexuals even though there is not a single word in the Bible about transsexuals. Abuse comes in many forms.

Bullying is one thing, beating is another. Schools are doing what they can and its helping but its a little like counting on the police to do something for a crime that is happening right that minute. Its not going to happen.

The kid needs some tools to help themselves.

My tool was learing to release myself into a rage that consumed me, even though I hurt some people who really deserved it, I soon realized that it wasn't a good thing and I spent a decade getting that particular genie back into the bottle.

How do you suspect that Siho's kids treat gays and transsexuals?

I learned early and well how to fight, but yes, it's all abuse. But then so is the grief that transpeople get from the general public who have no education on the subject, who don't know that it's a birth defect with solid biological basis in genetics and endocrinology. In most States in the Union you can still be fired from your job for being a transsexual and religious people treat us as if we were homosexuals even though there is not a single word in the Bible about transsexuals. Abuse comes in many forms.

sticks and stones Mare. loads of people need to to thicken their skin.

My tool was learing to release myself into a rage that consumed me, even though I hurt some people who really deserved it, I soon realized that it wasn't a good thing and I spent a decade getting that particular genie back into the bottle.

How do you suspect that Siho's kids treat gays and transsexuals?

worst possible response. someone should have helped you with that. ACTING like you've gone loco is a great way to put off attackers but BEING loco is a good way to get pounded worse. you dont surrender to the situation, you gain control of it.

I'd imagine they treat them like anyone else.

sticks and stones Mare. loads of people need to to thicken their skin.

I'm okay with the verbal abuse, but the legal abuse is different. Taking away American's legal rights because ignorance or religious bigotry is harder to "toughen" up to. Why are some American's rights up for a vote?

worst possible response. someone should have helped you with that. ACTING like you've gone loco is a great way to put off attackers but BEING loco is a good way to get pounded worse. you dont surrender to the situation, you gain control of it.

I'd imagine they treat them like anyone else.

No, it wasn't a good response though it worked well enough that after a few savage fights they most left me alone except for name calling and the like.

My experience is that when a parent is hysterical about something that the kids pick up on that very readily and often mirror it in greater or lesser extent. Bigots are not born, they are made.

I'm okay with the verbal abuse, but the legal abuse is different. Taking away American's legal rights because ignorance or religious bigotry is harder to "toughen" up to. Why are some American's rights up for a vote?

rights ? spare me. I can be fired for any reason or no reason at all.

you have no right to a job.

My experience is that when a parent is hysterical about something that the kids pick up on that very readily and often mirror it in greater or lesser extent. Bigots are not born, they are made.~Mare
Ok, so social contagions DO exist in your experience, and they have a vector: "normalcy" in families. Interesting.

Bigots are not born, they are made. Deviant sexual behavior is not born, it is made. Social contagions should never be underestimated. Mare seems to agree that what we make normal should be scrutinized quite carefully...

No, it wasn't a good response though it worked well enough that after a few savage fights they most left me alone except for name calling and the like.

My experience is that when a parent is hysterical about something that the kids pick up on that very readily and often mirror it in greater or lesser extent. Bigots are not born, they are made.

well there you go. Si is not hysterical.

and your notion certainly holds true some but hardly to the extent you believe. its also common for kids to rebel and go the opposite way.

you were more lucky than right. PRETEND to be loco, go straight to the biggest and baddest and scratch the face or better still smash the nose, makes lots of blood which takes the snap out of most idiot's shorts.

rights ? spare me. I can be fired for any reason or no reason at all.

you have no right to a job.

Does she have a right to a level playing field, or should it be OK to deny her an equal opportunity due to sexuality?

What, exactly, does sexuality have to do with one's ability to perform in the workplace?

Does she have a right to a level playing field, or should it be OK to deny her an equal opportunity due to sexuality?

What, exactly, does sexuality have to do with one's ability to perform in the workplace?

Why should I face an unequal playing field just because I'm white and male ?

Ok, so social contagions DO exist in your experience, and they have a vector: "normalcy" in families. Interesting.

Bigots are not born, they are made. Deviant sexual behavior is not born, it is made. Social contagions should never be underestimated. Mare seems to agree that what we make normal should be scrutinized quite carefully...

You've once again made a baseless statement. You have yet to prove that "deviant sexual behavior" is made as opposed to being born. You have also failed to define "sexually deviant behavior". In the past you have accused me of sdb despite the fact that I have no sexual behavior of any type.

Please also note that there are no animal bigots, but some of the things you rail about being sdb are found in many animals. Could be you don't know what you're talking about... again.

well there you go. Si is not hysterical.

and your notion certainly holds true some but hardly to the extent you believe. its also common for kids to rebel and go the opposite way.

you were more lucky than right. PRETEND to be loco, go straight to the biggest and baddest and scratch the face or better still smash the nose, makes lots of blood which takes the snap out of most idiot's shorts.

That's what I did, he got to ride home on the school bus but I was thrown off. I don't think his nose was actually broken, but he had a bandage on it for quite a while.

Werbung:
Why should I face an unequal playing field just because I'm white and male ?

I don't think you should, in fact you've had the home court advantage for too long, all men, but white men especially. Please note who could vote when this country was first founded. How long was it before blacks and Chinese and American Indians could vote? How long before women could vote?

Look at a list of the highest paid people in this country, a list of the CEO's, or a list of the richest individuals.

People of color are still executed at a much higher rate than white people too.

Back