we are in a ice age

Those fossils are from the earlier eras before the several tectonic plates moved as far apart as today, I remember it well. You could walk to Antarctica! I deny that mankind is affecting so-called climate warming. We can screw up the lowest region and make the air stink (I do that by myself every time I have too many Easter eggs), but we only contribute ~5% of "pollution", volcanoes are the real culprits.

I'm watching a news show reporting that, "Houseplants come with a cost to the planet". What can say?
View attachment 10147
Do the Earth's volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? No.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a greenhouse gas and is the primary gas blamed for climate change. While sulfur dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has occasionally caused detectable global cooling of the lower atmosphere, the carbon dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has never caused detectable global warming of the atmosphere. In 2010, human activities were responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions. All studies to date of global volcanic carbon dioxide emissions indicate that present-day subaerial and submarine volcanoes release less than a percent of the carbon dioxide released currently by human activities.

There is no question that very large volcanic eruptions can inject significant amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens vented approximately 10 million tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in only 9 hours. However, it currently takes humanity only 2.5 hours to put out the same amount. While large explosive eruptions like this are rare and only occur globally every 10 years or so, humanity's emissions are ceaseless and increasing every year.

Published scientific estimates of the global CO2 emission rate for all degassing subaerial (on land) and submarine volcanoes lie in a range from 0.13 gigaton to 0.44 gigaton per year. The 35-gigaton projected anthropogenic CO2 emission for 2010 is about 80 to 270 times larger than the respective maximum and minimum annual global volcanic CO2 emission estimates.

Werbung:
Do the Earth's volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? No.
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a greenhouse gas and is the primary gas blamed for climate change. While sulfur dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has occasionally caused detectable global cooling of the lower atmosphere, the carbon dioxide released in contemporary volcanic eruptions has never caused detectable global warming of the atmosphere. In 2010, human activities were responsible for a projected 35 billion metric tons (gigatons) of CO2 emissions. All studies to date of global volcanic carbon dioxide emissions indicate that present-day subaerial and submarine volcanoes release less than a percent of the carbon dioxide released currently by human activities.

There is no question that very large volcanic eruptions can inject significant amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens vented approximately 10 million tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in only 9 hours. However, it currently takes humanity only 2.5 hours to put out the same amount. While large explosive eruptions like this are rare and only occur globally every 10 years or so, humanity's emissions are ceaseless and increasing every year.

Published scientific estimates of the global CO2 emission rate for all degassing subaerial (on land) and submarine volcanoes lie in a range from 0.13 gigaton to 0.44 gigaton per year. The 35-gigaton projected anthropogenic CO2 emission for 2010 is about 80 to 270 times larger than the respective maximum and minimum annual global volcanic CO2 emission estimates.

Volcanoes belch SO² which is why they are bad for us. It is debatable whether the high CO² levels of past eras was the cause or the result of a warmer climate. Those high levels didn't cook the earth and therefore we gardeners don't buy CO² as a pollutant. Plants eat it and emit Oxygen you use O and exhaust CO². It is a symbiotic relationship We are closer to a level of CO² too low to support plant life as it is now than too high, which would be higher than it was in past eras when it did not bake the world. You climate freaks like throwing around scare words like megagiga tons as though you actually know what you're talking about. You're all full of natural high nitrogen fertilizer.

Tambora blew up in 1814/5 and caused the Year Without a Summer of 1816. Jellystone is The super-volcano that we need to keep an eye on. That's assuming we can do anything more superficial than run like hell when it blows up.

Volcanoes belch SO² which is why they are bad for us. It is debatable whether the high CO² levels of past eras was the cause or the result of a warmer climate. Those high levels didn't cook the earth and therefore we gardeners don't buy CO² as a pollutant. Plants eat it and emit Oxygen you use O and exhaust CO². It is a symbiotic relationship We are closer to a level of CO² too low to support plant life as it is now than too high, which would be higher than it was in past eras when it did not bake the world. You climate freaks like throwing around scare words like megagiga tons as though you actually know what you're talking about. You're all full of natural high nitrogen fertilizer.

Tambora blew up in 1814/5 and caused the Year Without a Summer of 1816. Jellystone is The super-volcano that we need to keep an eye on. That's assuming we can do anything more superficial than run like hell when it blows up.
I quoted an actual expert

You blather

See the difference? Probably not, sadly

When I want an expert opinion on climate science, I go to gardeners

Oh wait I don't because I am not a right wing moron

A gigaton is too hard for you to understand?
Well you are a right wing moron lol

i'm pretty sure you dont think, just regurgitate right wing stupidity.

global warming has only been since the start of the industrial revolution, about 200 years, and its been a non linear growth, so it has nothing to do with "melting away the ice age" in any scientific sense.
If temperatures had been rising for 200 years, then why did all scientists of the 1970s claim evidence proved the earth has been cooling for hundreds of years?

On this date 51 years ago, climate scientists predicted a new ice age was coming | Washington Examiner 12-6-23

name the respected scientists. how many were there?
I could not find a single scientific publication that disagreed with the commonly accepted scientific claim of 50 years ago that hundreds of years of accumulated data showed the earth was cooling at an alarming rate.

But Thomas Peterson of the National Climatic Data Center surveyed dozens of peer-reviewed scientific articles from 1965 to 1979 and found that only seven supported global cooling, while 44 predicted warming. Peterson says 20 others were neutral in their assessments of climate trends.

The study reports, "There was no scientific consensus in the 1970s that the Earth was headed into an imminent ice age.

you are a science moron. lol
You might be right. Post one or a few of those reports from 50 years ago that disputed climate scientists' assertions that hundreds of years of data showed the earth was cooling at an alarming rate.

You might be right. Post one or a few of those reports from 50 years ago that disputed climate scientists' assertions that hundreds of years of data showed the earth was cooling at an alarming rate.
Feel free to educate yourself But you're claim that all these climate scientists in the 70s said we're heading to an ice age is just playing a lie

i'm pretty sure you dont think, just regurgitate right wing stupidity.

global warming has only been since the start of the industrial revolution, about 200 years, and its been a non linear growth, so it has nothing to do with "melting away the ice age" in any scientific sense.
really says the moron who said science is never wrong.

For a person to deny that natural ice ages and warming periods do not have a effect on climate is the actions of a Narcist Moron , I knew you couldn't resist in deny it. You deny everything every one post lol.

No one is saying humans have not affected the climate but so has mother nature you argumentized narcist a hole.
But you are denying that nature plays a part dumb ass. Even our orbit changes over time effecting the orbit. The sun affects our climate also as well as the gulf stream. I'm not claiming man has not had a Effect but he wasn't around when we were a frozen ball or when there were tropical plants in the artic along with Dinosaurs . We will have another ice age and the earth will warm again.
You just live to argue with people and belittle them. Probably because your a coward in real life and a punk.

Feel free to educate yourself But you're claim that all these climate scientists in the 70s said we're heading to an ice age is just playing a lie
No lug nut it was not a lie they did make that claim you MORON . Why dont you go lay down some place and let the men talk among themselves.

really says the moron who said science is never wrong.

For a person to deny that natural ice ages and warming periods do not have a effect on climate is the actions of a Narcist Moron , I knew you couldn't resist in deny it. You deny everything every one post lol.

No one is saying humans have not affected the climate but so has mother nature you argumentized narcist a hole.
But you are denying that nature plays a part dumb ass. Even our orbit changes over time effecting the orbit. The sun affects our climate also as well as the gulf stream. I'm not claiming man has not had a Effect but he wasn't around when we were a frozen ball or when there were tropical plants in the artic along with Dinosaurs . We will have another ice age and the earth will warm again.
You just live to argue with people and belittle them. Probably because your a coward in real life and a punk.
Where did I say science was never wrong moron I keep asking you to post my quote where I said that and you keep refusing to it because you are a lying moron

Werbung:
Where did I say science was never wrong moron I keep asking you to post my quote where I said that and you keep refusing to it because you are a lying moron
The word often is meaningless. Often compared to.. what?
Every day 99.9999 percent of science is proven correct when chemicals continue to react as expected, etc, but it's easy to look at the edges and say it's "often" wrong

You see your a complete MORON as you are clueless as to what science is in the first place because your a MORON and your a narcissist .

Back