Uh oh.. get ready to panic over global cooling

Yesterday was the last day of summer and it snowed in Calif. and Colorado. I just checked my thermostat outside on my deck and it's 59. Tonight I'm putting another blanket on my bed and might even have to run the heater a bit in the morning to take the chill out of the air.

A lot of people were complaining across the country this past year about having to shovel snow in May.

Is this what they mean by global warming?

Werbung:
Old Trapper has shown estimates of temperatures before 1800 . While these are unreliable. THERE IS EVIDENCE IN HISTORY THAT Egypt WAS ONCE CONSIDER VERY FERTILE.THIS IS WHY THE RMAN EMPIRE TOOK IT OVER BUT DID NOT IMPOSE HARSH CONDITIONS LIKE OTHER COLONIES.
It was to be the bread basket of the Empire. Its fertility did decline to become mainly a desert
Today the arrogance o men who believe they have not to do anything about global warming might lead to countries that do least to reduce pollution like the USA might inherit Egypt's fate

Come on now Mate! Do you fail to see the absurdity of your post? Do you think man had anything to do with the changing climate experienced by ancient Egypt? Last I checked the ancient Egyptians did not burn coal or drive SUVs.

The crazy warmests blame AGW on increasing levels of CO2, which has been proven to be a fallacy, but facts matter little to zealots. Problem is ancient Egypt had little carbon footprint, so how is it that they caused their land to become a desert?

Come on now Mate! Do you fail to see the absurdity of your post? Do you think man had anything to do with the changing climate experienced by ancient Egypt? Last I checked the ancient Egyptians did not burn coal or drive SUVs.

The crazy warmests blame AGW on increasing levels of CO2, which has been proven to be a fallacy, but facts matter little to zealots. Problem is ancient Egypt had little carbon footprint, so how is it that they caused their land to become a desert?
The absurdity of zealots .....

Nicely put!

California has been on fire ever since I can remember. I think what will get us is a big earthquake.
Yesterday was the last day of summer and it snowed in Calif. and Colorado. I just checked my thermostat outside on my deck and it's 59. Tonight I'm putting another blanket on my bed and might even have to run the heater a bit in the morning to take the chill out of the air.

A lot of people were complaining across the country this past year about having to shovel snow in May.

Is this what they mean by global warming?

Not at all. Temperatures are rising on a global average. While certain areas may have a temporary lowering of temperature, that does not mean the globe in its entirety is not warming.

Supervolcanoes such as the one in Long Valley, Ca., and Yellowstone, may be more of a concern.

http://www.armageddononline.org/known-super-volcanoes.html

The only fertile place in ancient Egypt was along the nile and along where there was an annual flooding of the river.

If only you, and the teabagger, knew what you were talking about:

http://www.fao.org/docrep/t0389e/t0389e02.htm

Civilizations began where farming was most productive. When farm productivity declined, usually as a result of soil mismanagement, civilizations also declined - and occasionally vanished entirely.

Of the three requisites for a thriving civilization: fertile soil, a dependable water supply and relatively level land with reasonable rainfall which would not cause erosion, it is likely that the third factor was most important, and evidence is mounting that soil degradation has toppled civilizations as surely as military conquest. In countries bordering the Mediterranean, deforestation of slopes and the erosion that followed has created man-made deserts of once productive land. Ancient Romans ate well on produce from North African regions that are desert today.

A recent study of the collapse in Guatemala around 900 AD of the 1700 year-old Mayan civilization suggests that it fell apart for similar reasons. Researchers have found evidence that population growth among the Mayans was followed by cutting trees on mountainsides to expand areas for farming. The soil erosion that resulted from growing crops on steeper and steeper slopes lowered soil productivity - both in the hills and in the valleys - to a point where the populations could no longer survive in that area. Today only empty ruins remain.

The same process of soil degradation which destroyed civilizations in the past are still at work today.

Firstly, billions of tons of soil are being physically lost each year through accelerated erosion from the action of water and wind and by undesirable changes in soil structure.

Secondly, many soils are being degraded by increases in their salt content, by waterlogging, or by pollution through the indiscriminate application of chemical and industrial wastes.

Thirdly, many soils are losing the minerals and organic matter that make them fertile, and in most cases, these materials are not being replaced nearly as fast as they are being depleted.

Finally, millions of hectares of good farmland are being lost each year to nonfarm purposes; they are being flooded for reservoirs or paved over for highways, airports, and parking lots. The result of all this mismanagement will be less productive agricultural land at a time when world population is growing and expectations are rising among people everywhere for a better life.

If only you, and the teabagger, knew what you were talking about:

http://www.fao.org/docrep/t0389e/t0389e02.htm

Civilizations began where farming was most productive. When farm productivity declined, usually as a result of soil mismanagement, civilizations also declined - and occasionally vanished entirely.

Of the three requisites for a thriving civilization: fertile soil, a dependable water supply and relatively level land with reasonable rainfall which would not cause erosion, it is likely that the third factor was most important, and evidence is mounting that soil degradation has toppled civilizations as surely as military conquest. In countries bordering the Mediterranean, deforestation of slopes and the erosion that followed has created man-made deserts of once productive land. Ancient Romans ate well on produce from North African regions that are desert today.

A recent study of the collapse in Guatemala around 900 AD of the 1700 year-old Mayan civilization suggests that it fell apart for similar reasons. Researchers have found evidence that population growth among the Mayans was followed by cutting trees on mountainsides to expand areas for farming. The soil erosion that resulted from growing crops on steeper and steeper slopes lowered soil productivity - both in the hills and in the valleys - to a point where the populations could no longer survive in that area. Today only empty ruins remain.

The same process of soil degradation which destroyed civilizations in the past are still at work today.

Firstly, billions of tons of soil are being physically lost each year through accelerated erosion from the action of water and wind and by undesirable changes in soil structure.

Secondly, many soils are being degraded by increases in their salt content, by waterlogging, or by pollution through the indiscriminate application of chemical and industrial wastes.

Thirdly, many soils are losing the minerals and organic matter that make them fertile, and in most cases, these materials are not being replaced nearly as fast as they are being depleted.

Finally, millions of hectares of good farmland are being lost each year to nonfarm purposes; they are being flooded for reservoirs or paved over for highways, airports, and parking lots. The result of all this mismanagement will be less productive agricultural land at a time when world population is growing and expectations are rising among people everywhere for a better life.

Damn! Who knew? AGW caused the collapse of many ancient civilizations well before the industrial revolution occurred...after millennia of man-made warming, one would think all of man kind would now be extinct and yet, there are more human beings on the planet than ever before. Go figure?

And who knew this new factoid...that over farming is the SAME as AGW. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...we are all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn! Who knew? AGW caused the collapse of many ancient civilizations well before the industrial revolution occurred...
See .....

If it weren't for the "arrogance of men" and those damn Egyptians would have just paid their carbon tax/wealth redistribution tax ... Egypt would still be the "bread basket of the Empire"! ;)

Damn! Who knew? AGW caused the collapse of many ancient civilizations well before the industrial revolution occurred...after millennia of man-made warming, one would think all of man kind would now be extinct and yet, there are more human beings on the planet than ever before. Go figure?

And who knew this new factoid...that over farming is the SAME as AGW. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...we are all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No suvs, no industry, and somehow the climate changes all on its own.

No suvs, no industry, and somehow the climate changes all on its own.

Camel farts did it.

So far I have mentioned nothing bout man made global warming. That form of ignorance is all on your part, and that of the fools in this forum.

And obviously you, and the other mindless drones in here, did not read the article. It was not about global warming at all. It was about how man can destroy even the fertile Nile Valley, as it has various others, by their mismanagement of the natural resources.

However, I have a couple of questions here.

Most any report will show the pollution of rivers, ground water, springs, lakes, etc., by pesticides, herbicides, cosmetics, prescription medications, human waste, etc. Tell me which bear, deer, or raccoon, placed those pollutants there?

I live in an area where the elevation is over 4,000 feet. Lakes are at a higher elevation. Every year the lakes are becoming more polluted with mercury. There is no industry in the area for over a hundred miles, and at lower elevations. How is the mercury getting into the water?

A Lot of nit wits believe in these evoinmentalist like Al Gore for example. Al Gore knows nothing about earth science. He takes private jets and wastes 10 times more electric power than the average American. When liberals ride bicycles, use candles and fireplaces in their homes then ill take them seriously.

I did not say why Egypt turn from the fertile soils desert. Old Trapper did give a reasonable explanation of possible causes. It was not caused by Industry but poor agricultural methods. This was caused by the same arrogance and greed that motivates man today.
97% of scientists accept Global warming is real. There is some disagreement amount how much the earth will warm but this is only marginal. The UN report states that the earth will grow by 1.o2% instead of1.03%
The guardian newspaper in its report of this mixes up the figures and said it was only half. Other newspapers have copy this error with screaming headlines. This prove the power of fosil fuel lobbies to misrepresent the facts

Werbung:
Just a couple of corrections The IPCC figures for global warming was 0.12% instead of 0.13% for each decade from 1956. The newspaper who originally broke the story is the London Sunday Mail.

Back