The Bush-"Legacy"

"After Army Sgt. Edison Bayas' car finally came to a rest on its roof, his jumbled, drunken thoughts immediately turned to the men he left in Iraq, as if he was still on the battlefield.

But he wasn't in Iraq. He was in an El Paso intersection with a blood alcohol content more than three times the legal limit, his 19-year-old victim nearly decapitated in her car a few feet away.

Bayas, a decorated career soldier, is now serving a 15-year-prison sentence for intoxication manslaughter. He's just one of thousands of soldiers whose problems with alcohol spun out of control in the midst of two wars, mounting pressure and a continuing stigma that macho guys don't get help.

Army officials say 85 percent of the soldiers who seek outpatient substance abuse treatment are there because of alcohol. The Army is now in the midst of a nationwide search for additional counselors in an effort to reduce the wait time for help from days down to hours. There is currently one counselor for every 2,000 soldiers.

But is it too little too late? Maybe, some soldiers and veterans say.

"I don't necessarily think they pay enough attention until it's too late," said Brian, a three-tour Fort Hood area soldier who did not want his last name used.

More than two years sober and on temporary disability from the Army with traumatic brain injury and other extensive combat-related medical problems, Brian said it was the realization that his career in the military was over that prompted him to get treatment.

"I realized I wasn't ever going to have a job that was going to enable me to drink like in the military,"
Brian said."

I guess the CHICKENHAWKS never saw this one coming....before they pulled-the-pin on Iraq.

:rolleyes:

(It surely would help to see more o' that Afghani-hash headed back-this-way...)​

Werbung:
I believe the Bush legacy will be as the president who proved that neo-con policies do not work and who brought down the GOP. Unless the party is taken over by the true conservatives after this election, I believe the GOP is history.

I agree with you...... & this is where he & Cheney should be spending he rest of their miserable lives.
prison.jpg

The rise in power of China is a direct result of NAFTA, and GATT/WTO.
That's the talk down at the Freeper Klavern, huh?

1986-90: China's "Open-door policy" opens the country to foreign investment and encourages development of a market economy and private sector.

December 16, 2003

"Many observers were surprised last week when George W. Bush came down in favor of the People's Republic of China, against a democratic referendum in Taiwan. His weighing in on behalf of mainland China becomes more questionable at a time when well-connected Chinese companies are funneling large sums of money to Bush's brothers.http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5399.htm"
"George Herbert Walker Bush arrived in Beijing 30 years ago as the official United States representative to China with one goal above all else: expanding his buddy list.

Bush Sr, already a champion networker, wasn't to be denied. In a final triumph at the end of his stay, Deng Xiaoping, then vice premier, threw a farewell lunch for Bush Sr and his wife.

Bush Sr. and his relatives have turned that open invitation into a family franchise over the years, setting themselves up as gatekeepers between lucrative business opportunities created by the opening up of China's economy and the US corporate and political establishment. If Iraq is the place where the Bush men fight once they leave the oil fields of Texas, China is where they have made money."

Bush legacy

Destoyed the US economy
Presided over the worst terrorist act on American soil in history
Started 2 illegal wars
Made the world hate the US
Sold the US to China in a fire sale and ended the US empire

Considering he came in with a budget surplus that is quite an achievement.

Bush legacy

Destoyed the US economy
Started 2 illegal wars
Sold the US to China in a fire sale and ended the US empire

Considering he came in with a budget surplus that is quite an achievement.

The budget surplus ended with the Clinton recession, and the dotcom bubble bursting.

The world has hated the US since the 60's that I am aware of. Ever read the book "The Ugly American", and others?

Again you lie about 911 in the matter that you try to blame Bush solely for the failure of the Clinton administration as I have shown before.

Clinton sold the US long before Bush did by granting them MFN, and selling them classified computers. Then there was the issue of the the missle guidance system that Clinton allowed them to acquire, and then closed off any investigation into the matter.

However, you again show your hatred for anything that might look pro-American. Bush did many things wrong such as allowing China to become a permanent member of the WTO, however, even that door was opened by Clinton.

I don't think you heard this after Clinton's administration.

Many people think Bush lost the subsequent election.

It will not be close enough for the same tricks to be tried this time.

You, like all left wing loonies, just can't accept the fact that Gore lost the election even after the Florida Supreme Court tried to assist him by violating the Constitution, and Florida law.

It was all Clinton.

Bush was a genius

Shame he didn't see all this coming and do something about it.

Naw. The shame is that you are too arrogant, and ignorant, to accept the fact that you think Bush should have been such a miracle worker as to fix the problems created by Clintons failure. Then too, he surely should have been able to fix Clintons recession even before he had set forth a budget plan.

Naw. The shame is that you are too arrogant, and ignorant, to accept the fact that you think Bush should have been such a miracle worker as to fix the problems created by Clintons failure. Then too, he surely should have been able to fix Clintons recession even before he had set forth a budget plan.

As on of the few Bush apologists left on this planet, would you care to share with us any things you didn't agree with him & Cheney about? (ie...Did he do anything wrong?)

As on of the few Bush apologists left on this planet, would you care to share with us any things you didn't agree with him & Cheney about? (ie...Did he do anything wrong?)

The ONLY thing I am an "apologist" for is the truth which you obviously are not.

As for what I agreed with in Bush, it would be a shorter list to state what I did agree with. I did not support the prescription drug plan, or "No Child Left Behind". I did not support the invasion of Iraq preferring to arm the Kurds, and the Shi'ites. I did not support his stance on CAFTA, or illegal immigration. I did not support his allowing of China to become a permanent member of the WTO. I did not support his not vetoing the bail out of the banks, etc.

IMO, Bush, and the GOP, became too much like the Democrats in that they felt the more they spent the more the voters would like them. That only seems to work for the Democrats. I would have preferred that he act like a Statesman, and ignore the garbage that the Dems have instituted as "entitlements" ever since FDR. I would have been more impressed if he had eliminated the Department of Education; cut back on bureaucratic spending by 10 to 20%; actually did something about the waste and fraud in government; and a whole list of other possibilities.

Now that the Democrats are in control there is no chance that any of the above will occur. As an example, Pelosi, and the Dems, promised to do away with the waste and fraud. However, that was only contingent on passing the healthcare reform bill in the manner that the Dems wanted to. Since the bill was not passed there has been no movement by the Dems, or BO, to eliminate it.

Bush legacy

Destoyed the US economy
Started 2 illegal wars
Sold the US to China in a fire sale and ended the US empire.
Don't forget about the Bush FAMILY Legacy....

August 31, 1992

"In 1991, President Bush bristled at a flurry of news accounts that questioned the business ethics of three of his sons. "The media ought to be ashamed of itself for what they're doing," Bush complained. "They [the boys] have a right to make a living, and their relationships are appropriate," added a White House spokeswoman in June 1992.

Since George Bush has raised "family value$" as a campaign issue repeatedly, though, it seems only fair to take a look at his own family.

Instead of criticizing reporters, the president might more wisely begin listening to those in government who have watched his sons with mounting worry. A year ago, I sat across a desk from a Secret Service agent who had been assigned to Bush-family security. I rattled off the names of a half-dozen questionable characters who had found their way into bu$ine$$ deal$ with the Bush boys. How had these characters been allowed to get even close to the president's sons?

The agent slumped back in his chair and sighed. "We warn them," he said in a whisper. "But that's all we can do. We can't stop these kids from associating with someone they want to be with. All we can do after warning them is to sweep these guys with metal detectors when they come around."

No to mention his cocaine and alcohol addiction.

His inability to string a coherent sntence together

His ignorance of the world outside the US.

It sure is easy to misunderestimate George W Bush

And Oldcrapper, you must be livid that you saw all the bad stuff that Clinton did and Bush didn't see it.

Did you ever think of calling him up and saying that the surplus he inherited wasn't really a surplus and the twin towers would be attacked and the bankers would destroy the economy in line with Clintons failings?

Surely you can't have just sat back and watched W let all of Clintons brilliant eveil genius plans come to fruition??

Werbung:
What sort of credibility are you left with, when you decide to use George Bush's private life as an argument against his policies?

Back