Votes: 63 59.4%
  • No.

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
godstone2.jpg
dead-bunny.png

817908295bee4a71a236e5fbee4506ad9a5e489f2555310.jpg

Werbung:
While I don't believe in THE god, I do believe in a god. I hardly see how this applies to politics, but I'll give my 2-cents worth. Seeing as how some people, say, Buddhists believe that everything is god, then they could say, "I've shown my god, where's yours?" Of course Christians don't have a logical reply to this. They merely make an excuse.

While I don't believe in THE god, I do believe in a god. I hardly see how this applies to politics, but I'll give my 2-cents worth. Seeing as how some people, say, Buddhists believe that everything is god, then they could say, "I've shown my god, where's yours?" Of course Christians don't have a logical reply to this. They merely make an excuse.

The buddhist is using a different definition of God. Whether or not his exist does not in any way help us to determine that the God of the OP does exist. But if the Christian God does exist then, if it is contradictory to the buddhist god, then the buddhist god does not exist.

Right. A handful of nutters proclaimed May 21 to be the end of the Earth, was ridiculed by most churchgoers and non churchgoers alike, and that proves that there is no god. Sure.

That guy changed the date to October 21. Apparently God was too busy to destroy the world on May 21.

That guy changed the date to October 21. Apparently God was too busy to destroy the world on May 21.

1) Jesus told his followers they would not die before his second coming (see Matthew 16:28 & Revelations 3:11). It's now been almost 2,000 years & still no sighting of this Jesus fella. I'm pretty sure his first followers all croaked long ago.

If Jesus doesn't know them I'm pretty sure that Harold Camping doesn't know.

1) Jesus told his followers they would not die before his second coming (see Matthew 16:28 & Revelations 3:11). It's now been almost 2,000 years & still no sighting of this Jesus fella. I'm pretty sure his first followers all croaked long ago.

Yes, I think you're right about Harold Camping not knowing. He is 89 years old, though, and so he'll find out pretty soon just what awaits after this life. He'll know soon enough whether any of his religion is correct.

The first verse does not refer to the second coming and the second does not pin it to a time.

The first verse does not refer to the second coming and the second does not pin it to a time.

Matthew 16:28

New International Version (©1984)
I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

New Living Translation (©2007)
And I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom."

English Standard Version (©2001)
Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

International Standard Version (©2008)
I tell you with certainty, some people standing here will not experience death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Unlike much of what is in the Bible, that verse seems pretty clear.

Athiesm is not a faith. Each faith based debater in this thread has their own faith, their own god and their own set of dogma. The real question is, can you prove that YOUR god is the one to others that believe differently. I cannot prove first cause, nor does your faith, it only gives your version. I struggled with this question as a young Catholic which led me to my present understanding. There is much I do not have the ability to explain, none of your arguments convince me in the slightest and I refuse to appoint a "god" to explain what is unexplainable, I find it simplistic and unacceptable. As there is much science to discover perhaps there is also a scientific explaination, humanity is too arrogant and believes that they (and their gods) are the end all to be all. While I do keep abreast of new discoveries and know a good deal of religion and it's origins, neither is my profession so I will leave it up to the pros and I will stick to my humble opinion. As for religion in government, this thread is example enough to show why it is a bad idea.

Matthew 16:28

Unlike much of what is in the Bible, that verse seems pretty clear.

Unless you look up the words in a dictionary:

"king·dom (kngdm)
n.
1. A political or territorial unit ruled by a sovereign.
a. The eternal spiritual sovereignty of God or Christ.
b. The realm of this sovereignty.
3. A realm or sphere in which one thing is dominant: the kingdom of the imagination.
4. One of the three main divisions (animal, vegetable, and mineral) into which natural organisms and objects are classified.
5. In the Linnaean taxonomic system, the highest taxonomic classification into which organisms are grouped, based on fundamental similarities and common ancestry. The Linnaean system designates five such classifications: animals, plants, fungi, prokaryotes, and protoctists. See Table at taxonomy."

"Second Coming
Christian Theol. the expected return of Christ, at the Last Judgment"

The passages you quoted indicate that Christ's ministry establishes his sovereignty while the second coming refers to his presence during the last judgment.

Choosing a Catholic explanation only because it was the best one in one particular wikipedia article it says:

"The Kingdom of God began with Christ's death and Resurrection and must be further extended by Christians until it has been brought into perfection by Christ at the end of time.[25]"

So the real question is did his followers not taste death until they saw His death?"

Athiesm is not a faith.

If by atheism you mean the belief that there is no God then the only thing it can be is faith. If you mean skepticism or doubt or the belief that we do not know then those words would work better.

The belief that there is no God can never be proven but the belief that there is a God while it is often based on faith could also be based on subjective experience or objective facts. Belief in God may have been or might one day be proven to one or many people but atheism can never be proven.

Werbung:
Back