Why do people believe in god?

How is your elf god and all his evil fairies today gen?

Prove they don't exist

You can't

So by your reasoning they do exist.

Not only is your 'ask your mom' comment asinine but your grasp of logic is non existent

Another right wing religious fundamentalist idiot as a moderator

What the fuck is happening to this board

And for the record I have never reported anyone

But I'm not a snivelling little snitch

Werbung:
How is your elf god and all his evil fairies today gen?
I'm an actual Atheist. I neither believe in the existence or non-existence of God. To believe God exists requires you to believe something you cannot prove. To believe God does not exist also requires that you believe something you cannot prove. The Theists claim God does exist. You're the one claiming God does not exist.

Prove they don't exist
We have already established that it's impossible to prove something doesn't exist... You're the one claiming God does not exist, not me, and as you know by the rules of logic, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim - that's you.

So by your reasoning they do exist.
That is incorrect. The absence of evidence for the existence of X is not proof that X does not exist. To claim otherwise would require a logical fallacy.

Not only is your 'ask your mom' comment asinine but your grasp of logic is non existent

Another right wing religious fundamentalist idiot as a moderator

What the fuck is happening to this board

And for the record I have never reported anyone

But I'm not a snivelling little snitch
You seem to be confusing Dogtowner and myself as the same person... We are not. Dogtowner's comment to you was inappropriate, he is a theist and moderator while I am neither, so, hopefully you and I can set that behind us and move forward in our discussion.

I agree with Gen Senca, You can not prove by human reason that God exist or does not exist. You to go to this step you must have some form of faith . Even an Atheist needs faith to believe God does not exist. My faith makes me believe He does exist.

When you die youre gonna be this
ghost-picture01.jpg

Some sprits can be seen others will not but theyre here. I Do believe in these scenes from movie Ghost

Steveox, I am not sure what you are trying to prove by your videos. I suspect Christians have a more sophisticated idea of the death and the next life than they portray in Ghost. The only thing it seems to confirm expression like "O My God"will be our last words.

Theres a process after death. You see your own body and you become a sprit until you think youre ready to enter into a womans womb. Heres proof,,John Travolta lived before
John-Travolta-double.jpg

He was killed in the Civil War

Theres a process after death. You see your own body and you become a sprit until you think youre ready to enter into a womans womb. Heres proof,,John Travolta lived before
John-Travolta-double.jpg

He was killed in the Civil War

hmmm people used to say I looked like the Cowardly Lion (back when I had hair).
so I'm Bert Lahr ?

still dont get the point i see. ask your mom to explain it to you.
That is your "retort"? Really? You mean you don't see him to have "gotten the point" made in "A lack of evidence to support the existence of God is not proof that God does not exist. You are using the same negative proof fallacy you say believers are 'weak minded' for using."?? I think it is very clear that he did get the point when he said you can't prove a negative. Let me say it this way: the weak-minded are happy to base their lives on something they were told is true but for which there is no real evidence. Others who are objective and think more clearly know that the correct answer is "I see no evidence and therefore I do not subscribe to your belief." That is quite different from saying one "knows" there is no God and does not make a claim that the story is false. If a person is smart enough to recognize there is no evidence of a god, then that person would in all probability also be smart enough to recognize that a lack of such evidence is not proof of anything.

Last edited:
Werbung:
Back