Homophobia: The truth is out there.

I feel sorry for Igor, with his little policeman avatar trying to tell everybody how to believe and pray. Only a small person with a big ego can feel right speaking for God. :eek:

I don't recall anyone saying that God made a mistake when a transperson is born. Igor, are you really saying that there are no birth defects, no cleft palates, no club feet, no Siamese twins? How was I sinful in taking 20 years to go through puberty?

Werbung:
I feel sorry for Igor, with his little policeman avatar trying to tell everybody how to believe and pray. Only a small person with a big ego can feel right speaking for God. :eek:

I don't recall anyone saying that God made a mistake when a transperson is born. Igor, are you really saying that there are no birth defects, no cleft palates, no club feet, no Siamese twins? How was I sinful in taking 20 years to go through puberty?

You were not, Mare. In fact, you were very courageous and resilient. And, unfortunately, too many young people are not as resilient, or don't have enough support, or run into people like Igor and see themselves as "evil," and end up taking their life.

You have my respect and admiration, especially since I never detect any bitterness in your posts. Whomever you are today, you are a very special person.

Those are basically drag queens, I'm talking about transsexuals. Being trans is a birth defect in which the person is born somewhere inbetween male and female--some even have both sets of sex organs--and this has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

As far as I know the bible never mentions anyone with two sets of sex organs or ambiguous sex organs. Our new friend should clarify what he means when he says he thinks the bible condemns glbt.

If the bible does not address people with two sets of organs how about people with less than one set? Does it matter if they posses less than a full set of working organs due to birth defect or involuntary surgery? Eunuchs were often well respected persons in the bible.

As long you believe this junk science lie and the media that pushes it in order to justify filthy lifestyles of perverted and sick people,you will be lost in all deceptions.There no people who are born like man in woman's body and a woman who born in man's body.God never does mistakes,period.People who claim that they are females in males bodies or males as female are afflicted with mental disorder that makes them unable to recognize their gender.Remember that madness(schizophrenia)has over 340 cases.This belongs to its code.Transgenders are abnormals as well as gays,lesbians,and bisexuals.We need to face God and His reality and stop leading our lives wayward.
Better look at Gender Identity Disorder at Wiki or else.:)

You really crossed the line on that one!! I think you would be of more help if you did not post here anymore. I cant make you stop posting but it is my opinion and wish that you did. You could be a more valued member if you watched for a while.

While this post is grossly in error I have never complained about a person just being wrong. However, the great degree of ignorance has caused this poster not to be just wrong but also to make one of the most insensitive posts I have ever seen.

I can't put my finger on why this post deserves to be reported but I am going to report it and leave it up to the mods to determine why.

I long since gave up the Old Testament god who was all about fear and punishment. It's just beyond me to believe that the Creator of the Universe would command people to bake bread with their own feces and then eat it in public as a way of shaming them, but that's in the Bible too. And slavery, and the selling of children, and the beating of slaves to death, etc, there's just too much human failing in the Old Testament god for me to give him any credit or credulity.

That too is pretty ignorant but no where near as insensitive.

You really crossed the line on that one!! I think you would be of more help if you did not post here anymore. I cant make you stop posting but it is my opinion and wish that you did. You could be a more valued member if you watched for a while.

While this post is grossly in error I have never complained about a person just being wrong. However, the great degree of ignorance has caused this poster not to be just wrong but also to make one of the most insensitive posts I have ever seen.

I can't put my finger on why this post deserves to be reported but I am going to report it and leave it up to the mods to determine why.

I totally agree.

That too is pretty ignorant but no where near as insensitive.

Can you explain why Mare Tranquillity's post is ignorant? I was astounded at her post that God made people eat their own dung so I did a search. To my surprise and disgust it is in Ezekiel 4:12. I found a synopsis somewhere.

Then God also made Ezekiel and his people eat bread made out of dung and also limit their portions of food to so little that they begin to waste away under their punishment. Ezekiel asked God if he could not eat human dung because he wanted to stay clean, so God allowed him to eat cow dung instead.

I also looked up reliable sources on slavery and a person was allowed to beat them to the extent that they could not work for 2 days, and they couldn't harm their eyes or teeth, but it didn't actually condone killing. Selling children into slavery, however was OK.

Can you explain why Mare Tranquillity's post is ignorant? I was astounded at her post that God made people eat their own dung so I did a search. To my surprise and disgust it is in Ezekiel 4:12. I found a synopsis somewhere.

Then God also made Ezekiel and his people eat bread made out of dung and also limit their portions of food to so little that they begin to waste away under their punishment. Ezekiel asked God if he could not eat human dung because he wanted to stay clean, so God allowed him to eat cow dung instead.

I also looked up reliable sources on slavery and a person was allowed to beat them to the extent that they could not work for 2 days, and they couldn't harm their eyes or teeth, but it didn't actually condone killing. Selling children into slavery, however was OK.

It is amazing what can be found when you begin to take the Bible literally, isn't it? Yet, so many insist on doing so.

It is amazing what can be found when you begin to take the Bible literally, isn't it? Yet, so many insist on doing so.

I, too, would be interested in why my post was "ignorant".

Anyone who wishes to read all the x-rated things in the Bible should get a copy of Ben Edward Ackerley's THE X-RATED BIBLE. Ackerley is a theologian who took the King James Bible and wrote about all the things contained therein which are not preaced about in church. It's an eye-opener.

You can't trust a synopses and really why would you when you could just look up the verse.

Compare your synopsis to the real verse:

"Eat the food as you would a barley cake; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel."

Of course there are different translations but even the least clear (the KJV and archaic language) is clear enough for those who don't intentionally want to see the worst:

"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight."

If I asked you if you cooked your steaks with charcoal briquettes or gas would you really think that I wondered if the recipe included Kinsgford?

btw, using all sorts of dung as fuel is still practiced in many parts of the world today. Though of course we can understand why one might prefer to use cow dung.

That is why her post is ignorant. You, presumably only saw someones misleading synopses. But I know for a fact that MT has seen the real verse.

Your implication is that it is never to be taken literally. There are times when it should be taken literally like when it says that Jesus walked down a road and times when it should be taken figuratively like when it says that Jesus is a door.

No matter how you parse it, God told the people to bake their bread with human feces in order to punish them and that's just sickness in anybody's book. Ezekiel begged God not to do this, so it's obvious how heinous the command was to the people.

Right. My bad. But it is still a disgusting thing that the bible said God had people do.

I didn't address this part before because I thought it was refuted enough.

But God did not have people do that. God asked one prophet (who objected and was then told to use cow dung) do that as a warning to the rest of the people that when they were sieged they would have no choice for any other fuel. I hope they heeded to warning so they could avoid what was foretold. Warnings are of course meant to help people avoid things and should not be confused with punishments.

Is it disgusting to eat food cooked over a fire of dried human dung? I think so but the practice is actually still widespread in the ME and those people are not even under siege. In fact, I always imagined that the prophet made an oven with the fire in one part and the food in another. But apparently the people who still do that today just lay their food on the coals. Those coals would of course be perfectly sterile but it still does not sit well with me. Now imagine how a people who had elaborate systems of ceremonial cleanliness such as avoiding pork and dogs and blood and semen would feel about it. Unlike their neighbors for whom this was just everyday they would not like and and hopefully avoided it.

Now you have me wondering, did the siege of Jerusalem ever take place or did he people heed the warning?

This is what I found:

* Chapters 1-24 take place before the final siege of Jerusalem (597 – 591 BC).
* Chapters 25-31 take place during the two-year long siege of Jerusalem (587 BC).
* Chapters 32-48 take place after the destruction of Jerusalem (585 – 573 BC).

One also has to ask what part of the warning is literal and what part is figurative. From a intro to the book:

"To the modern reader, Ezekiel seems a weird book. His prophecies are often in the context of visions which include unusual and strange. He sees strange creatures and contraptions (chapter 1). He is teleported thousand of miles to Jerusalem where, like the invisible man, he is able to creep around the temple to see the odd activities taking place there (chapter 8). He sees a valley of dry bones come to life and get joined together (chapter 37). He is transported in time to a new temple which he measures with great detail (chapter 40). "

And we know that the dry bones are symbolic. We also know that the NIV titles chapter 4 (where this verse comes from) as the "Siege of Jerusalem Symbolized"

When people go to such great lengths as to take a bible passage out of context, read it incorrectly, fail to provide the actual verse, fail to make the distinction between symbolic and literal, and misread a variety of other aspects of sections can you trust their synopses to give you any sort of accurate portrayal? In fact if they must go to these lengths then doesn't that mean that they could not find anything of real substance?

Werbung:
Ezekiel 4:13 "And the Lord said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles whither I will drive them."

Some people will present the Bible in a disingenuous way to make their god sound less monstrous, but above is the quote and it says "the children of Israel", not just Ezekiel.

Back