Homophobia: The truth is out there.

Werbung:
I would, but I ate some shrimp so I will need to be killed before you.

Defying the laws of gravity are not a sin but might cause you to fall down the stairs. Likewise eating shrimp was not a sin but did cause the eater to become unclean until sunset and therefore not allowed in the temple.

Since eating shrimp was called an abomination (probably because shrimp themselves were called an abomination) and it merely made one unclean that should make us wonder about a verse that calls "lying with a man as with a woman" (paraphrased) an abomination. Perhaps it merely made one unclean. As would all contact with sperm including masturbation and hetero sex. I suppose there were probably a lot of jews who scheduled their activities around when they wanted to go to temple. I am not saying the scheduled their gay activities or their shirmp eating but perhaps some others.

Chaz Bono. She was gay when she was a she. But now she is a he legally and physically, and certainly has been emotionally, since childhood. Is he still considered gay? He still likes women.

Hey Igorotrok, Any Biblical words of wisdom? What exactly is God damning in this case?

Chaz Bono. She was gay when she was a she. But now she is a he legally and physically, and certainly has been emotionally, since childhood. Is he still considered gay? He still likes women.

Hey Igorotrok, Any Biblical words of wisdom? What exactly is God damning in this case?

Lets see if I understand what you are saying:

Chaz was a gay woman but us now a straight man. Meanwhile her girlfriend was a gay woman but now is still committed to her and is a gay woman who loves a man and even claims the sex is better now.

Could it be that no one is gay or straight and that attraction is more based on who people are and not on so-called orientation?

Lets see if I understand what you are saying:

Chaz was a gay woman but us now a straight man. Meanwhile her girlfriend was a gay woman but now is still committed to her and is a gay woman who loves a man and even claims the sex is better now.

Could it be that no one is gay or straight and that attraction is more based on who people are and not on so-called orientation?

Thank you Dr.Who! We don't agree often. But this time I am totally with you!

Love shouldn't be dictated by two or three inches of flesh between one's legs!

Love is beautiful, wherever it exists!

Chaz and his wife are the perfect example of enduring love. And anyone making fun of this kind of love and this kind of of commitment, or finding it "sinful" needs to look at their own relationship!

Well, since I'm not the one who coined terms like "heterosexual" and "homosexual", I can't answer that one. You see, apparently sexual orientation is defined by a WORD. Of course one must use the RIGHT word. I can't call a person "queer", but can call them "gay", which puts them in the category THEY want to be in. I don't see people marching in "whatever sexual orientation you have this Tuesday" parades. The orientation has been clearly defined semantically.

However, you leave it undone. Why can't a man love his camel? There are too many cases of Brucellosis among middle eastern men to deny that this is very probable.

Is it wrong? Lol.

"love the one you're with"

Thank you Dr.Who! We don't agree often. But this time I am totally with you!

Love shouldn't be dictated by two or three inches of flesh between one's legs!

Love is beautiful, wherever it exists!

Chaz and his wife are the perfect example of enduring love. And anyone making fun of this kind of love and this kind of of commitment, or finding it "sinful" needs to look at their own relationship!

I appreciate your enthusiastic words of encouragement but I am not so sure I said that.

People may not be either gay or straight since I believe the definition is poor. People do have the ability to be attracted to both sexes. People can love both sexes. Love and sexual attraction are not the same. Two or three inches? Love should be dictated by the heart and the soul - not the flesh. Yes Chaz and his girlfriend (not wife as of May at least) Jennifer Elia are an example of enduring love.

But not all love is beautiful wherever it exist. When two adulterers fall in love I do not think that is beautiful it is an ugly destruction of the love both should have had with their first partners. Neither is sex beautiful wherever it exist. It is not beautiful when a man has sex with a child.

Is gay love beautiful? If it is not destructive to other important things. It could be but often is not. Same for straight love.

Is gay sex beautiful? Taken all by itself with no background and out of any social context - sure. But nothing is by itself with no background and no social context. I am still trying to understand my position on this but I suspect that gay sex is contrary to the ideal social order. For the same reasons so is divorce. The opposition to gay sex is blown way out of proportion by too many people. I may not think it is best but I certainly would make no law against it or try to stop people from doing it. In contrast, I would try to put restrictions on divorce. I suppose I could go on and this is clearly incomplete but in all honestly my thinking on the subject is incomplete so I am not sure what I would say. Of course part of the problem is that the traditional definition of what is gay or straight are kind of messed up.

Werbung:
I appreciate your enthusiastic words of encouragement but I am not so sure I said that.

People may not be either gay or straight since I believe the definition is poor. People do have the ability to be attracted to both sexes. People can love both sexes. Love and sexual attraction are not the same. Two or three inches? Love should be dictated by the heart and the soul - not the flesh. Yes Chaz and his girlfriend (not wife as of May at least) Jennifer Elia are an example of enduring love.

But not all love is beautiful wherever it exist. When two adulterers fall in love I do not think that is beautiful it is an ugly destruction of the love both should have had with their first partners. Neither is sex beautiful wherever it exist. It is not beautiful when a man has sex with a child.

Is gay love beautiful? If it is not destructive to other important things. It could be but often is not. Same for straight love.

Is gay sex beautiful? Taken all by itself with no background and out of any social context - sure. But nothing is by itself with no background and no social context. I am still trying to understand my position on this but I suspect that gay sex is contrary to the ideal social order. For the same reasons so is divorce. The opposition to gay sex is blown way out of proportion by too many people. I may not think it is best but I certainly would make no law against it or try to stop people from doing it. In contrast, I would try to put restrictions on divorce. I suppose I could go on and this is clearly incomplete but in all honestly my thinking on the subject is incomplete so I am not sure what I would say. Of course part of the problem is that the traditional definition of what is gay or straight are kind of messed up.

I can appreciate and respect your point of view. I personally am 100% supporter of gay right, but I must admit that I am glad that none of my children are gay. . .not because I would judge them harshly, or because I would be disappointed in them, I would totally accept their partner.
I would just be afraid of all the additional difficulties they would face in as a couple. And this is one of the reason why I am so in favor of equal right for gay people. It is unfair to deny them that right, and then to use their difficulties in staying a "couple" to demonstrate that gay lifestyle is wrong.

Adultery is not a pretty thing, and it always hurt several people. But there is worse things than adultery: forced marriage, marriage for the wrong reasons, staying married when two people hate or abuse each other. . .

Marriage is not ALWAYS beautiful. . .and, although I believe love is always beautiful, it is not always easy and it can hurt people.

Back