Homophobia: The truth is out there.

Werbung:
I expected that this was going to be one of those studies that totally redefines homophobia as anyone who disagrees with the homosexual agenda in any way for any reason.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they actually defined homophobia as being nervous or anxious around gay people - close enough to fear for me to say it was defined well.

I guess I would not be too surprised that men who are afraid of their own homosexual feelings would also be anxious are nervous when when around gays.

What the study does not say is that people who oppose the homosexual agenda are homophobic. Nor does it say that people who oppose the homosexual agenda are secretly gay.

I expected that this was going to be one of those studies that totally redefines homophobia as anyone who disagrees with the homosexual agenda in any way for any reason.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they actually defined homophobia as being nervous or anxious around gay people - close enough to fear for me to say it was defined well.

I guess I would not be too surprised that men who are afraid of their own homosexual feelings would also be anxious are nervous when when around gays.

What the study does not say is that people who oppose the homosexual agenda are homophobic. Nor does it say that people who oppose the homosexual agenda are secretly gay.

I don't know anyone like that. Pretty weird being in the south but this IS a college town.

somehow I think your just not paying attention then if you don't know anyone like that.

I know people who say unkind things about gay people (they say unkind things about just about everybody too) but since I have never asked and they have never told my I just don't know how they feel around gay people. So I too am in the situation of not knowing anyone who feels nervous around gay people.

I agree when it comes to violence committed and threats of death against induviduals who are indulged in gay lifestyles,it seems legitimatelly homophobic.But when it comes telling God's Holy Truth dealing with gays and warning them that it is not ok to be gay according to The Bible,Lev 18:22,Romans 1:26-32,Genesis 19:1-29 is never homophobic.It is rescuing people from their sin and Hell.

I agree when it comes to violence committed and threats of death against induviduals who are indulged in gay lifestyles,it seems legitimatelly homophobic.But when it comes telling God's Holy Truth dealing with gays and warning them that it is not ok to be gay according to The Bible,Lev 18:22,Romans 1:26-32,Genesis 19:1-29 is never homophobic.It is rescuing people from their sin and Hell.

What you are saying is that an evil motive to hurt someone is homophobic but telling what one believes to be true based on motives to help are not homophobic.

If it were only always easy to tell the difference. Which is of course why laws to punish those who hurt gays need to be based on actual assaults without regard to the motives.

What you are saying is that an evil motive to hurt someone is homophobic but telling what one believes to be true based on motives to help are not homophobic.

If it were only always easy to tell the difference. Which is of course why laws to punish those who hurt gays need to be based on actual assaults without regard to the motives.

Anytime I hear someone refer to the Bible as the "literal" word of GOD, I know it is a circular argument and there is nothing to gain from engaging in a debate with fanatics.

Have fun!

Anytime I hear someone refer to the Bible as the "literal" word of GOD, I know it is a circular argument and there is nothing to gain from engaging in a debate with fanatics.

Have fun!
Not fanatics.It is clearly dealing with God's Laws.God says homosex is abomination,so it is.We can't outsmart God and laws He demands us to obey.

Not fanatics.It is clearly dealing with God's Laws.God says homosex is abomination,so it is.We can't outsmart God and laws He demands us to obey.

God's laws are that we should love each other, that we should accept each other, and that we should treat each other as we want to be treated.

That is the UNIVERSAL God's laws, not restricted to a "CHRISTIAN" God, but to the whole universe.

It is absolutely your right to believe in a God limited by human beliefs, by race, by culture, by time, by narrow minds.
My belief is that God is so much greater than that. . .God can encompass every race, every culture, every sexual orientation, even every weakness we human have.

It is such a shame that the greatness of God is limited by mankind's needs to create an "image" of God that meets their own need to relate to HIM/HER/IT, rather than realizing that God has NO IMAGE, because He/She/It is everything. . .not just "Christian, preferably caucasian, male!"

God's laws are that we should love each other, that we should accept each other, and that we should treat each other as we want to be treated.

That is the UNIVERSAL God's laws, not restricted to a "CHRISTIAN" God, but to the whole universe.

It is absolutely your right to believe in a God limited by human beliefs, by race, by culture, by time, by narrow minds.
My belief is that God is so much greater than that. . .God can encompass every race, every culture, every sexual orientation, even every weakness we human have.

It is such a shame that the greatness of God is limited by mankind's needs to create an "image" of God that meets their own need to relate to HIM/HER/IT, rather than realizing that God has NO IMAGE, because He/She/It is everything. . .not just "Christian, preferably caucasian, male!"
There no verses in the Bible that you can't be black or white or of other color.God condemns racism and human judging against people on age,class,sickness,or health.But God strictly condemns GLBT,adulterers,fornicators,greedy,drunks,idolaters,and other unrepented sinners.GLBT,whores,and adulterers are described in KJV Bible as natural brute beasts in 2 Peter 2 and Jude 1:1-6.God burned Sodom with alive people,and after He burned them alive,He cast their souls into everasting flames of Hell to endure the torments of the damed in Book of Genesis 19:1-29.It was done by The Lord against people for their gay practice.Don't let your wayward beliefs to take you to Hell forever.Seek Jesus and repent now.

There no verses in the Bible that you can't be black or white or of other color.God condemns racism and human judging against people on age,class,sickness,or health.But God strictly condemns GLBT,adulterers,fornicators,greedy,drunks,idolaters,and other unrepented sinners.GLBT,whores,and adulterers are described in KJV Bible as natural brute beasts in 2 Peter 2 and Jude 1:1-6.God burned Sodom with alive people,and after He burned them alive,He cast their souls into everasting flames of Hell to endure the torments of the damed in Book of Genesis 19:1-29.It was done by The Lord against people for their gay practice.Don't let your wayward beliefs to take you to Hell forever.Seek Jesus and repent now.

could you please get it through your head then most people do not believe in the LITERAL word of the bible, even if they believe in the bible at all!
Do you have any understanding of what consist in a circular, and therefore illegitimate, argument?
I actually feel bad for you! You seem to be living in a world of ancient tales, full of hatred, prejudices,and fear of damnation, and yet God is love and joy.

What kind of father did you have? Obviously, I am not really asking you to answer that question.....just to ask yourself that question in the privacy of your own mind, as it seem that we often assign to our own God the feelings and persona of our own father, or the other most powerful person in our childhood.

could you please get it through your head then most people do not believe in the LITERAL word of the bible, even if they believe in the bible at all!
Do you have any understanding of what consist in a circular, and therefore illegitimate, argument?
I actually feel bad for you! You seem to be living in a world of ancient tales, full of hatred, prejudices,and fear of damnation, and yet God is love and joy.

What kind of father did you have? Obviously, I am not really asking you to answer that question.....just to ask yourself that question in the privacy of your own mind, as it seem that we often assign to our own God the feelings and persona of our own father, or the other most powerful person in our childhood.

Probably not much point talking to Igor, I'm finding that many of the Eastern European immigrants are victims of very fundamental Christianity. They represent a throwback to the Christianity of the Dark Ages when Christians were big on punishment and small on compassion, when there was much hatred but very little love. The Igors of the world haven't managed to embrace what Jesus said were the two most important commandments in the
Bible: love God and love others as yourself.

Werbung:
Probably not much point talking to Igor, I'm finding that many of the Eastern European immigrants are victims of very fundamental Christianity. They represent a throwback to the Christianity of the Dark Ages when Christians were big on punishment and small on compassion, when there was much hatred but very little love. The Igors of the world haven't managed to embrace what Jesus said were the two most important commandments in the
Bible: love God and love others as yourself.

I admire your common sense and pragmatism!

It just makes my blood boil when I hear so much . . . ."organic fertilizer!" ;)

Back