For you, are evolution and Christianity at odds ?

If there is evolution then of course God is behind it. I see it as just another facet of Intelligent Design. it is a handy way to accomplish some things.

I'm not so sure about your first sentence. There are a LOAD of small yet distinct evangelical sects out there. I think in overall numbers of individuals you are most likely right .

Overall numbers of individuals is what I had in mind. A lot of them are Catholic, and some belong to the mainstream protestant denominations. The small evangelical sects really don't attract that many members.

I accept evolution as it has been proven empirically over and over. I believe that god had a hand in it as a matter of faith. There is no proof, but the alternative is to believe that intelligence simply sprang into being on its own.

Werbung:
Overall numbers of individuals is what I had in mind. A lot of them are Catholic, and some belong to the mainstream protestant denominations. The small evangelical sects really don't attract that many members.

I accept evolution as it has been proven empirically over and over. I believe that god had a hand in it as a matter of faith. There is no proof, but the alternative is to believe that intelligence simply sprang into being on its own.

the mystery of faith, I'm with ya.

Back