Does The Olympic Games promote Peace?

It was attack on people watching the Olympics that failed because someone found it first...lack of success does not equal lack of trying. But if you want to live in fairy tail land and think no one would want to have a terror attack on the Olympics...dig that hole in the sand for your head all you want.

you might have mentioned that Munich was an attack on dormitories, not a venue. Olympic Parks was more a venue than the Village. Of course all the jews wre in the dorms so if the intent was to kill jews, only makes sense to go to where the jews are.

Werbung:
The attack in Munich was on the Israel team. The attack at Alanta was on crowds watching a screen showing the Olympic, The target there was Americans. I suggest both were help by poor security. The Israel response might have been justified but it was outside the Olympics. It certainly did not deter threats of other attacks.
The Olympic is professional in some sports like Basketball but the main sports track and field and swimming are not big money earners.

The attack in Munich was on the Israel team. The attack at Alanta was on crowds watching a screen showing the Olympic, The target there was Americans. I suggest both were help by poor security. The Israel response might have been justified but it was outside the Olympics. It certainly did not deter threats of other attacks.
The Olympic is professional in some sports like Basketball but the main sports track and field and swimming are not big money earners.
Here
Here is the outdoor screen where the Alanta bombing took place in 1996

Attachments

• Outdoor Screen Alanta.JPG
    Outdoor Screen Alanta.JPG
    580 KB · Views: 2
you might have mentioned that Munich was an attack on dormitories, not a venue. Olympic Parks was more a venue than the Village. Of course all the jews wre in the dorms so if the intent was to kill jews, only makes sense to go to where the jews are.

Didn't Connie Francis have a big hit song in the early 60's with this title?
I think she sang it a lot in Brooklyn.

Didn't Connie Francis have a big hit song in the early 60's with this title?
I think she sang it a lot in Brooklyn.
It was good that the London Opening Ceremony did not mention the war. It was perhaps too boastful. Claiming they invented everything from agriculture, indusrty, Modern music and even computers. But I suppose that what you do when you host the Games.

It was good that the London Opening Ceremony did not mention the war. It was perhaps too boastful. Claiming they invented everything from agriculture, indusrty, Modern music and even computers. But I suppose that what you do when you host the Games.

worst show ever. you are in trouble when Mr Bean is the highlight. could they not have trotted out a REAL Sir Paul ? Sir Elton ? David Bowie ? Only live act was some rap person. Not even a Harry Potter broomstick flyover. Not like the UK is know for rap. sad, silly and poorly done.

was prety cool that a blind guy set a world record in archery.

Aus22, I don't think we can say with certainty that the Israeli response to Munich didn't deter other attacks. Radical Islamic terrorists will always attack Israeli interests. Allowing them to conduct those attacks with impunity, however, would lead to more and more attacks. Attacks on Israel have indeed continued since Israel punished the Munich murderers and their cohorts. I strongly suspect there'd have been many more attacks if the terrorists believed they'd suffer NO negative consequences for their murders.

Aus22, I don't think we can say with certainty that the Israeli response to Munich didn't deter other attacks. Radical Islamic terrorists will always attack Israeli interests. Allowing them to conduct those attacks with impunity, however, would lead to more and more attacks. Attacks on Israel have indeed continued since Israel punished the Munich murderers and their cohorts. I strongly suspect there'd have been many more attacks if the terrorists believed they'd suffer NO negative consequences for their murders.
THE JPRD. we will never know the answer to what would happen if Israel did nothing because they always retaliate. I suspect however if Israelal did not settle in Palestine in the 1940s, The Arab world would not be their main enemy.

THE JPRD. we will never know the answer to what would happen if Israel did nothing because they always retaliate. I suspect however if Israelal did not settle in Palestine in the 1940s, The Arab world would not be their main enemy.

they were for countless generations before 1940, no reason that was some sort of game changer.

If I recall correctly, most Jews in Palestine would have been happy just to live in peace among the Palestinians. Jews didn't take one square inch of land from any Palestinian until the Palestinians started killing them. I'm glad that most Americans behave more civilly today than most Palestinians did in the 1940's. Think what would be happening to illegal immigrants in the US today if we reacted to them like the Palestinians did toward the Jews... and the Palestinians didn't have to pay for Jewish schooling, welfare, foodstamps, and healthcare. ;)

Werbung:
I suspect however if Israelal did not settle in Palestine in the 1940s, The Arab world would not be their main enemy

You have to be serious. Go read a few versus of the Koran or go to youtube and watch a few videos of Imams' giving sermons. Even if Israel pulled up stakes and moved to Australia, do you really believe that they would be left alone?

Back