Does The Olympic Games promote Peace?

British Palestine was dived up in the 1940s between Israel ,Palestine and. Israel took some of the land aloted to Palestine in 1967.
This is not the ponit I am making. If the Israeli settle in Europe their main enemy would be Europeans. After all Hitler killed far more Jews.

Werbung:
British Palestine was dived up in the 1940s between Israel ,Palestine and. Israel took some of the land aloted to Palestine in 1967.
This is not the ponit I am making. If the Israeli settle in Europe their main enemy would be Europeans. After all Hitler killed far more Jews.

I'm thankful that Islamic terrorists are far less competent than the Nazis at killing large numbers of Jews! It's certainly NOT from a lack of trying! The reason "Israel took some of the land allotted to Palestine" in 1967 was because they were attacked by Palestinians, Egyptians, and Syrians, all of whom who were trying to murder them! When you try to wipe out an entire nation and FAIL....., you should feel lucky that the Israelis ONLY took some land from you!

Actually the Six-Day War was commenced in 1967 by an Israeli preemptive strike while the October War of 1973 broke out because the Sinai Peninsula and Golan Heights were invaded by Egyptian and Syrian forces respectively to recover their lost territories. It was a part of the Cold War and the Soviets misinformed the Syrians on an impending Israeli attack on the eve of the October War and both Israelis and Arabs were not entirely responsible for their military actions as they were often used as pawns of the great power game.

The Jews migrated to Europe long ago. BAD IDEA.

Actually the Six-Day War was commenced in 1967 by an Israeli preemptive strike while the October War of 1973 broke out because the Sinai Peninsula and Golan Heights were invaded by Egyptian and Syrian forces respectively to recover their lost territories. It was a part of the Cold War and the Soviets misinformed the Syrians on an impending Israeli attack on the eve of the October War and both Israelis and Arabs were not entirely responsible for their military actions as they were often used as pawns of the great power game.

Actually, it depends on what the definition of "Attack" is. (Excuse my Clintonistic cliche) Perhaps my use of the word "attacked" was too strong when describing what the Palestinians, Egyptians, and Syrians did?? I don't see it that way, nor would any other objective historian!

It's true that Israel struck the first "physical" blow in the '67 War. Prior to Israel striking that blow, however, (1) Egypt moved troops into the Sinai and massed them on the Israeli border. (2) Syria moved troops onto the Golam Heights and prepared for battle. (3) Nasser ordered the UN Emergency Force out of the area it was occupying as a buffer between Egypt and Israel. (4) Arab radio stations then proclaimed, "As of today, there no longer exists an international emergency force to protect Israel. We shall exercise patience no more. We shall not complain any more to the UN about Israel. The sole method we shall apply against Israel is total war, which will result in the extermination of Zionist existence." (5) The Syrian Defense Minister then said, "Our forces are now entirely ready not only to repulse the aggression, but to initiate the act of liberation itself, and to explode the Zionist presence in the Arab homeland. The Syrian army, with its finger on the trigger, is united....I, as a military man, believe that the time has come to enter into a battle of annihilation." (6) Egypt then blockaded the Strait of Tiran to all Israeli shiping, Israel's only supply route for oil. Such a blockade, by the way, is considered an "Act of War"! (7) Immediately after the Strait was blockaded, Egyptian President Nasser said, "Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight." (8) Nasser followed that remark by saying, "We will not accept any...coexistence with Israel...Today the issue is not the establishment of peace between the Arab states and Israel....The war with Israel is in effect since 1948." The President of Egypt was declaring that a state of war already existed between Israel and all Arab States! (9) The President of Iraq joined in the Arab war-mongering by declaring, "The existence of Israel is an error which must be rectified. This is our opportunity to wipe out the ignominy which has been with us since 1948. Our goal is clear -- to wipe Israel off the map." (10) Egypt, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq had joined together in alliance against Israel, and were ready to attack.

So, did Israel strike the first "physical" blow? Yes! However, Israel struck that blow only after the above-noted Arab nations had placed about 500,000 troops on Israel's borders, along with about 3,000 tanks, and 1,000 war planes! Call me "naive", but to my way of thinking, the Arab war-rhetoric, Arab blockade, Arab massing of troops and weapons on Israel's border, and the Arab position that a state of war already existed.... constitutes an "ATTACK"! The Arab nations and they alone were Responsible for that war!

The Israelis responded to an obvious and clumsy planned invasion by Egypt and the other Arab nations.
It was a brilliant pre-emptive attack.
Stunning, really.

The Comments by both sides are fairly accurate. Surprises are often a tactic of wars. Also many battles are won by luck.
I am concern that we have got of the topic. The Olympic Games are still on , and they have united the world. and many nations. All countries are involve and most countries now have women. Even Saudi Arabia . Although there is still some dispute on what they are allow to wear. The enemy of the Olympics promotion of peace is war. Every war that takes place during the Olympics is against this spirit. Even complainng about how many medals we did not win, as more country Australia is doing at the moment, is against this spirit.

Attachments

• scan0015.jpg
    scan0015.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 1
Here is the Cartoon I meant to post. The other photo was an Track meeting in Melbourne in 1956 where one runner John Landy stop to help a fallen runner. Ron Clark.

Attachments

• scan0062.jpg
    scan0062.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 1
An Aboriginal boxer from Australia wore the Aboriginal flag on a tee shirt instead of his Olympic uniform. This flag is as common in Australia as the confederate flag is in the USA. Was this a sign of racism of is is right to be prod of his race.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 1
An Aboriginal boxer from Australia wore the Aboriginal flag on a tee shirt instead of his Olympic uniform. This flag is as common in Australia as the confederate flag is in the USA. Was this a sign of racism of is is right to be prod of his race.

Probably just in poor taste.
If he does not want to represent his country, Australia--then drop out of the Olympics.
Simple as that.

Aus22, I have a couple comments related to your statement and your question. Most Americans who have a Confederate flag around the house, have it because their ancestors fought in the US Civil War. I have a Confederate flag AND a reproduction of a Civil-War era American flag. I had great-grandfathers on both sides in the conflict. The flags are more of a sign of love for one's heritage. NO American olympian would wear a Confederate flag in place of an American flag in the Olympics.

As to your question, perhaps you should have posed it this way: "Is being proud of one's race a sign of racism?" Before you asnwer that question, you might ask what the general reaction in Austrailia or the US would be to any statements of "White Pride"! ;)

I have always had "difficulty" about people being "proud" of their genetic makeup--which they had nothing whatsoever to do with.

It is their accomplishments that count, IMHO.

^ The American Left looks at "groups". We Conservatives look past skin color, national orign, gender, and religion. We look at and judge "the individual"!

^ The American Left looks at "groups". We Conservatives look past skin color, national orign, gender, and religion. We look at and judge "the individual"!

That's because we are not racists. We could not care less what the accident of your birth was.
Those who fling those epithets, usually are the Patron Saints of them.
They think of it 100% of the time. It's on their mind, constantly.

Werbung:
the Aboriginal boxer was proud of Both his race, These were the original inhabitants of Australia and Australia. We are not just a white nation. Many of us are sorry for what our ancestors did to the Aboriginals. That why the flag is flown on many buildings including town Halls. We are a multi Cultral country

Back