China is now a major importer of coal

PLC1

Staff member
Nations That Debate Coal Use Export It to Feed China’s Need

Even as developed countries close or limit the construction of coal-fired power plants out of concern over pollution and climate-warming emissions, coal has found a rapidly expanding market elsewhere: Asia, particularly China. At ports in Canada, Australia, Indonesia, Colombia and South Africa, ships are lining up to load coal for furnaces in China, which has evolved virtually overnight from a coal exporter to one of the world’s leading purchasers.
The price rose to $60 from $40 a ton five years ago to a high of $200 in 2008. Coal delivered to southern China currently sells for $114 per ton.

China, which was a perennial coal exporter until 2009, the first year that it imported more than it sent out, is expected to import up to 150 million tons this year.

Good economic news for the US as it struggles with the balance of trade, but not such good news from the standpoint of slowing down global climate change. We may as well learn to live with the results of coal burning, as nothing short of an unprecedented and highly unlikely global cooperation is going to slow it down.

Unless, of course, someone gets busy and perfects cold fusion.

Werbung:
of course to some, its all good news since you can pollute all you want, it will never have any bad side effects right?

I expect to see some posts to that effect, probably using words like "lib", "tool", "environmental wacko", and no doubt expounding on the fallacy of global climate change.

You two are so intolerant and elitist.

The poor Chinese need coal to generate electricity for their huge poor population. And you elitists want to keep them poor don't you?

Why do you hate the Chinese?

Why do you want to prevent the Chinese from improving their standard of living?

The poor Chinese need coal to generate electricity for their huge poor population. And you elitists want to keep them poor don't you?

Why must you ascribe to other members positions that they have never taken? Are straw men more fun to toss around?

Why must you ascribe to other members positions that they have never taken? Are straw men more fun to toss around?

The strawman is global warming...

I thought my post was rather amusing. Why can't you see the fallacy of what you are claiming with the silliness of what I stated?

No one is interested in YOUR hate gipper. Fight with logic not labels.

The strawman is global warming...

I thought my post was rather amusing. Why can't you see the fallacy of what you are claiming with the silliness of what I stated?

Actually, I was amused by the silliness of what you posted.

But, global warming is not a straw man, but a real argument. A straw man is when you make up a position that no one has taken, like saying that I want to prevent the Chinese from making progress.

Actually, I was amused by the silliness of what you posted.

But, global warming is not a straw man, but a real argument. A straw man is when you make up a position that no one has taken, like saying that I want to prevent the Chinese from making progress.

Actually strawman can be defined as - A theory/person/ideology who is set up as a cover or front for a questionable enterprise.

Global warming fits that perfectly. It is amazing to me even after all the lies have been exposed and yet, you still believe in the lie. Wild man...just plain wild.

Actually strawman can be defined as - A theory/person/ideology who is set up as a cover or front for a questionable enterprise.

Global warming fits that perfectly. It is amazing to me even after all the lies have been exposed and yet, you still believe in the lie. Wild man...just plain wild.

Yes, isn't it? And to think that every scientific entity world wide is pushing this silly idea, and only a few rogues countering what they are saying. Why do you think that is?

Yes, isn't it? And to think that every scientific entity world wide is pushing this silly idea, and only a few rogues countering what they are saying. Why do you think that is?

I have nearly completed the Little Green Pill. All you need to do is take 100 pills a day and you will have eliminated all your CO2 while exhaling. It has been found to be effective on all types of humans, even liberals.

Save the planet take your green pills every day!!!!!!

Once my website is up, can I count on you for several thousand? They are very cheap at only $5 per pill, but just think of all the good you will be doing.

Save the planet now. Buy the Little Green Pill.

I have nearly completed the Little Green Pill. All you need to do is take 100 pills a day and you will have eliminated all your CO2 while exhaling. It has been found to be effective on all types of humans, even liberals.

Save the planet take your green pills every day!!!!!!

Once my website is up, can I count on you for several thousand? They are very cheap at only $5 per pill, but just think of all the good you will be doing.

Save the planet now. Buy the Little Green Pill.

WOW! You've found a cure for global warming, and don't even believe the scientists who have been warning us about it!

Now, there is something to brag about.

Do the little green pills work for cars and coal fired plants, too? Maybe you can sell them to the Chinese.

WOW! You've found a cure for global warming, and don't even believe the scientists who have been warning us about it!

Now, there is something to brag about.

Do the little green pills work for cars and coal fired plants, too? Maybe you can sell them to the Chinese.

No the Chinese won't buy them...only DF liberals will buy them...but that works for me.

Just send your money to me. Thanks so much...

How ironic. Libs are about to make me rich. Soon I will have a mansion in CA on the Pacific coast next to Fat Albert. Laughing at all you DF liberals....hahahahahahahahahaha

Werbung:
No the Chinese won't buy them...only DF liberals will buy them...but that works for me.

Just send your money to me. Thanks so much...

How ironic. Libs are about to make me rich. Soon I will have a mansion in CA on the Pacific coast next to Fat Albert. Laughing at all you DF liberals....hahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, I can hardly wait. Now, when you get to California, you will see a great bridge over the San Francisco Bay. It's called the Golden Gate. Now, I can get you a great deal on that bridge, so you can invest some of that green pill money you plan to make.

Back