China is now a major importer of coal

Yes, it's quite clear. Every major scientific organization in the world, vs a few bloggers and pundits make it clear that global warming is a hoax perpetrated on the world by the nerds in order to get back at us for the way we treated them in junior high school. It's a good thing that we have unbiased sources like Greeniewatch to keep us informed.

See this is the thing. You silly warmers will not accept the truth even when its put in front of you. I believe that is some form of mental illness.

Did you not read this in my post? "...researchers from the University of California, Santa Barbara and Texas A&M University report that methane gas concentrations in the Gulf of Mexico..." This disproves wacky warmist claims that YOU and POCKETS believed about the Siberian methane risk. You bought a lie and now try to cover up with more lies.

The great quotes apply directly to silly warmers. When will they ever learn?

"The desire to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it" -- H L Mencken

'Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action' -- Goethe

“Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.” -- Voltaire

And, the blog is a great. It is written by Dr. John Ray. It would do you good to learn from him. And, I recommend that everyone at the HOP spend time reading his blogs.

My full name is Dr. John Joseph RAY. I am a former university teacher aged 65 at the time of writing in 2009. I was born of Australian pioneer stock in 1943 at Innisfail in the State of Queensland in Australia. I trace my ancestry wholly to the British Isles. After an early education at Innisfail State Rural School and Cairns State High School, I taught myself for matriculation. I took my B.A. in Psychology from the University of Queensland in Brisbane. I then moved to Sydney (in New South Wales, Australia) and took my M.A. in psychology from the University of Sydney in 1969 and my Ph.D. from the School of Behavioural Sciences at Macquarie University in 1974. I first tutored in psychology at Macquarie University and then taught sociology at the University of NSW. My doctorate is in psychology but I taught mainly sociology in my 14 years as a university teacher. In High Schools I taught economics. I have taught in both traditional and "progressive" (low discipline) High Schools. Fuller biographical notes here

Werbung:
See this is the thing. You silly warmers will not accept the truth even when its put in front of you. I believe that is some form of mental illness.

Oh, yes, you nailed it. The silly warmers keep listening to those nerdy climatologists with their PhD's and all, instead of the bloggers and pundits who can see the real truth. That just has to be a form of mental illness. How could they be so blind?

Did you not read this in my post? "...researchers from the University of California, Santa Barbara and Texas A&M University report that methane gas concentrations in the Gulf of Mexico..." This disproves wacky warmist claims that YOU and POCKETS believed about the Siberian methane risk. You bought a lie and now try to cover up with more lies.

Oh, yes, it is now proven! The methane from the oil spill dissipated, and that proves beyond a doubt that global warming is a myth. You can read it all in the totally unbiased and peer reviewed scientific publication you linked to. You have me convinced.

Oh, yes, you nailed it. The silly warmers keep listening to those nerdy climatologists with their PhD's and all, instead of the bloggers and pundits who can see the real truth. That just has to be a form of mental illness. How could they be so blind?

Oh, yes, it is now proven! The methane from the oil spill dissipated, and that proves beyond a doubt that global warming is a myth. You can read it all in the totally unbiased and peer reviewed scientific publication you linked to. You have me convinced.

I think the biggest sustainability issue is pollution, in general. People can debate global warming all they want and say the data is inconclusive, but the vast majority of Americans have mercury in their tissue and teflon in their blood, not to mention all kinds of other crap. Most of our lakes and rivers are unfishable.

But, you go back to the Club of Rome studies in the 70's and "The Population Bomb" from the 60's, and all anyone ever wants to do is argue about whether we have the ability to feed everyone, as though that is THE issue. Or how long fossile fuels will last.

Well, the biggest issue, IMO, is pollution. Now, if you want to say that CO2 is pollution, and then put global warming under the pollution category, that's fine. However, the pollution problem is much bigger than global warming alone, so, if global warming should somehow turn out to be a non-issue, that doesn't change anything, IMO. Of all the pollution problems, that is the one where the data is the most inconclusive, and to focus exclusively on it is to distract attention from all the other forms that are very well documented.

regards
Doug

I think the biggest sustainability issue is pollution, in general. People can debate global warming all they want and say the data is inconclusive, but the vast majority of Americans have mercury in their tissue and teflon in their blood, not to mention all kinds of other crap. Most of our lakes and rivers are unfishable.

But, you go back to the Club of Rome studies in the 70's and "The Population Bomb" from the 60's, and all anyone ever wants to do is argue about whether we have the ability to feed everyone, as though that is THE issue. Or how long fossile fuels will last.

Well, the biggest issue, IMO, is pollution. Now, if you want to say that CO2 is pollution, and then put global warming under the pollution category, that's fine. However, the pollution problem is much bigger than global warming alone, so, if global warming should somehow turn out to be a non-issue, that doesn't change anything, IMO. Of all the pollution problems, that is the one where the data is the most inconclusive, and to focus exclusively on it is to distract attention from all the other forms that are very well documented.

regards
Doug

Yes, pollution overall is a bigger issue than global warming. Actually pollution and global warming are two different things. Calling CO2 a "pollutant" is much like calling water a pollutant. Both occur naturally, both are necessary for life, but both can cause problems when there is too much of it.

Global warming is quite unlikely to be a "non issue" however. It may not be the impending disaster that Al Gore says it is, but it is pretty certain to cause some changes and challenges for us humans. It could provide some opportunities, too, as competition for the use of the suddenly ice free parts of the Arctic demonstrate.

Actually, I was amused by the silliness of what you posted.

But, global warming is not a straw man, but a real argument. A straw man is when you make up a position that no one has taken, like saying that I want to prevent the Chinese from making progress.

"Well, I guess there IS one other possibility - The sun could rise in the North and Set in the South - or vice versa. That would certainly provide us a much different climate - rotation at right angles to orbit. 'Course that's silly, now, isn't it ?"

I guess you haven't heard: some people in this world are quite preoccupied with the precession of the earth's axis of rotation. Psychic Sylvia Brown comes to mind as one such outspoken prophet of gyroscopic doom. Don't know exactly how human beings could be accused of causing this, and I don't think dear ol' Sylvia claims that to be the case, but I'm sure it won't be long before the liberals blame that, too, on a vast right-wing conspiracy.

'Course, like most dark clouds, it has its silver lining: if all the nuttiness in the world can be attributed to repressed tilt guilt, then it might well be the case that liberalism is hitting its zenith - if you'll pardon the pun - and, as we enter the waning gibbous phase of this metaphysical moroseness, there is the glimmer of hope that we won't see such a concentration of epistemological crackpottery for another 26,000 years.

Ah, one can dream....

Doug

China has always been the major importer of Australian coal. They do not have enough coal deposits of their own for their rapid industrialization.

China has always been the major importer of Australian coal. They do not have enough coal deposits of their own for their rapid industrialization.

Aus22..Great post..I had to look that up..you were right..lol

best regards
doug

Yes and guess who in the USA wants to prevent the exporting of coal to China? You guessed it, those whacky liberals.

We have a huge trade deficit with China and we have an unemployment problem. Jobs and exports would result if we could mine coal and sell it to China. But, the foolish libs think this is an awful idea because their minds are fogged by the belief in a hoax.

Crazy!

Yes and guess who in the USA wants to prevent the exporting of coal to China? You guessed it, those whacky liberals.

We have a huge trade deficit with China and we have an unemployment problem. Jobs and exports would result if we could mine coal and sell it to China. But, the foolish libs think this is an awful idea because their minds are fogged by the belief in a hoax.

Crazy!
Now hat could be wrong with the U.S. mining coal and shipping it to China? It would be so good for the people living in coal country.

http://www.mountainjusticesummer.org/facts/steps.php

Now hat could be wrong with the U.S. mining coal and shipping it to China? It would be so good for the people living in coal country.

http://www.mountainjusticesummer.org/facts/steps.php

There is nothing to fear from coal in terms of it warming the planet and causing problems. Largely, because global warming is a fictitious threat.

But burning coal emits large amounts of bad stuff into the air that has been causing real damage to the food chain for many years already. Everytime you hear that pregnant woman should not eat fish remember that the worlds most abundant protein source (next to bugs) is all contaminated with mercury and that mercury is not only harmful to pregnant women.

Mercury and sulphur pollution are not controversial. Everyone agrees it is a serious problem. We could focus on what we agree on and collect more evidence on what is controversial.

Speaking of bugs...anyone want to start eating bugs as a major part of your diet because pollution gets out of control? Are bugs contaminated with mercury?

There is nothing to fear from coal in terms of it warming the planet and causing problems. Largely, because global warming is a fictitious threat.

But burning coal emits large amounts of bad stuff into the air that has been causing real damage to the food chain for many years already. Everytime you hear that pregnant woman should not eat fish remember that the worlds most abundant protein source (next to bugs) is all contaminated with mercury and that mercury is not only harmful to pregnant women.

Mercury and sulphur pollution are not controversial. Everyone agrees it is a serious problem. We could focus on what we agree on and collect more evidence on what is controversial.

Speaking of bugs...anyone want to start eating bugs as a major part of your diet because pollution gets out of control? Are bugs contaminated with mercury?

It is obvious that you did not bother opening/reading the link.

Aus22..Great post..I had to look that up..you were right..lol

best regards
doug

Thanks Doug. I am surprise that the Americans did not know this. WE depend on China to sell our coal and iron ore.I doubt it the small imports from the USA would have much effect.
While there is some opposition to burning coal from our powrful Greens, nobody here is opposed to exports.

I skimmed it initially and now I have read it more slowly.

I see nothing about my statments I would change.

Global warming is still overblown.
Coal still pollutes.
You have an ingenious grasp of the perfectly obvious.

Werbung:
of course to some, its all good news since you can pollute all you want, it will never have any bad side effects right?
The Green New Deal Is a Dead Man's Hand

The good side-effect from auto emissions is that it killed all pandemic viruses for 100 years until the Lethal Lockdown reduced them to a level that the cronyvirus could thrive in.

"Pollution" is a dishonest word taken from a primitive pagan superstition.

Back