China is now a major importer of coal

Oh, I can hardly wait. Now, when you get to California, you will see a great bridge over the San Francisco Bay. It's called the Golden Gate. Now, I can get you a great deal on that bridge, so you can invest some of that green pill money you plan to make.

Sorry, but no thanks.

Southern CA is more my tastes. Orange County really works for me.

You know I couldn't live with all those low life DF libs up there in San Franfreako.

Werbung:
Sorry, but no thanks.

Southern CA is more my tastes. Orange County really works for me.

You know I couldn't live with all those low life DF libs up there in San Franfreako.

Well, Orange County has recovered from its bankruptcy of 16 years ago, and is still just as conservative now as it was then. You just might like it.

I am confused..

I am a evil Commie

china is Communist

I hate China I am told by Gipper

I actually don't like China..for its horrible human rights positions, and crushing of Religious Freedom.

I hate Freedom of Religion I am told as well though.....

But I hate the Chinese...becuse I know that Coal is the dirtiest fuel we have, and it will not only harm the earths envirment, but will also be responsible for many health issues ( and already is) in China...becuse not only do they use coal, but they have weak regulation on the pollution of it....

But lucky for China, they don't have to buy access to health care, as most are to poor.....

But supporting health care you did not pay to much for out of your own pocket, or going without ...is supporting what Hitler would do....

Man these straw men I belive are soooo confusing!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101122/ap_on_re_eu/eu_climate_siberian_meltdown

sorta related...sorta not

Methane release from Siberia as ice melts....

Gipper I am sure would dispute that Siberia has Ice even lol

Really? Interesting?

Did you hear about all the snow and cold temps in CA?

Didn't think so.

Kirkwood and its high back wall near Carson Pass on the Sierra Crest can be the perfect snow trap. That has been the case for three days and counting, with Kirkwood reporting a stunning 125 inches of snowfall, more coming Monday evening and Tuesday, a landmark pre-Thanksgiving snow event. Kirkwood will open two chairlifts Wednesday, and as the resort scrambles to get employees on site, plans to have its formal opening on Thanksgiving Day.
Another striking note to the week are the temperatures. On Monday morning at Tahoes, temperatures were 19 to 22 degrees with wind. On Tuesday morning, it will likely get a lot colder. At Mount Shasta, for instance, the low temperature is forecast for 3 degrees. The forecast is for it to warm considerably by next weekend.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ski/detail?entry_id=77547#ixzz1675awlHo

anyone want proof gipper has no clue...here ya go...does not know Climate from weather!

How do you know the climate in CA is not cooling causing more snow?

Just as this article claims the earth is warming causing methane to release.

Actually, they should capture the methane and use it as an energy source. That would be a good thing right?

I would guess you don't think so. Just like you want the poor Chinese to freeze to death without electricity...but its okay cause we want to save the planet right?:rolleyes:

How do you know the climate in CA is not cooling causing more snow?

Deep snow in California is nothing new. Check out the history of the Donner Party, as an example. I've seen 20 feet of snow at the local ski area.

Come to the Central Valley sometime in August and see whether the local weather, which is not an indication of climate change, is in a cooling trend.

Deep snow in California is nothing new. Check out the history of the Donner Party, as an example. I've seen 20 feet of snow at the local ski area.

Come to the Central Valley sometime in August and see whether the local weather, which is not an indication of climate change, is in a cooling trend.

don't try to tell him about how some parts will be cooler, others warmer, as the overall temps get hotter globally...it will make his head explode!

It was 70 in MN 2 weeks ago...that must be proof of global warming right? :)

also here in MN, the warmer winters...have more snow...I know mind boggling...unless you think about it...

don't try to tell him about how some parts will be cooler, others warmer, as the overall temps get hotter globally...it will make his head explode!

It was 70 in MN 2 weeks ago...that must be proof of global warming right? :)

also here in MN, the warmer winters...have more snow...I know mind boggling...unless you think about it...

Usually a mind has to be used to think about something in order to be really boggled. :D

Hey THC, did you bother to read Pocketpool's article...ops I did it again...sorry Pockets. I hope I did make you cry again...I am trying THC...I have only good intentions...and you libs know all about good intentions right?

But I digress...The article states methane releases in Siberia is nothing new either. Happens all the time just like snow in Ca. You warmers just can't win...

And that reminds me of another great tune by the great conservative Janis Joplin...sorry to make cry pockets....booboohoohoo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101122/ap_on_re_eu/eu_climate_siberian_meltdown

sorta related...sorta not

Methane release from Siberia as ice melts....

Gipper I am sure would dispute that Siberia has Ice even lol

Check it out Pockets. You got duped again. You have been lied to repeatedly and yet, you still believe. How many more times will it take before you realize that global warming is a left wing hoax?

Most Significant Global Warming Tipping Point Theory Bites the Dust

A scientific study on the results of the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill has yielded some surprising results that appear to disprove fears of methane release as a global warming “tipping point” to catastrophic warming.

The theory as currently incorporated by most climate models requires “tipping points” to go from mild anthropogenic warming to catastrophic global warming. The most plausible and significant of these potential tipping points has always been the release of methane triggered by warmer temperatures:

A piece in the latest issue of Science shows that there’s a considerable amount of methane (CH4) coming from the East Siberian Arctic Shelf, where it had been trapped under the permafrost. There’s as much coming out from one small section of the Arctic ocean as from all the rest of the oceans combined. This is officially Not Good.

Here’s why: methane is a powerful greenhouse gas, significantly more powerful than carbon dioxide. There are billions of tons of methane trapped under the permafrost, and if that methane starts leaking quickly, it would have a strong feedback effect—warming the atmosphere and oceans, causing more methane to leak, and on and on. The melting of methane ice (aka “methane hydrates” and “methane clathrates”) is probably the most significant global warming tipping point event out there.

Scary stuff. However, the recent BP oil spill has given scientists the chance of an “impossible experiment” where just such a release of methane has occurred. And the results are now in:

Calling the results “extremely surprising,” researchers from the University of California, Santa Barbara and Texas A&M University report that methane gas concentrations in the Gulf of Mexico have returned to near normal levels only months after a massive release occurred following the Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion.

Kessler added: “Based on our measurements from earlier in the summer and previous other measurements of methane respiration rates around the world, it appeared that (Deepwater Horizon) methane would be present in the Gulf for years to come. Instead, the methane respiration rates increased to levels higher than have ever been recorded, ultimately consuming it and prohibiting its release to the atmosphere.“

Who would have thought it? Not all the myriad teams of climate scientists, obviously, with their billions in research grants, their supercomputers and climate models. But then, a research paper that ends something along the lines of “we conclude that there is no danger, and therefore no need for further study” is not likely to lead to a grant renewal is it?

So what are the implications for this most dangerous of tipping points? The researchers say that their empirical findings (note empirical – as opposed to models on a computer) prove that similar methane releases are not a cause for concern so far as global warming is concerned:

Kessler noted: “We were glad to have the opportunity to lend our expertise to study this oil spill. But also we tried to make a little good come from this disaster and use it to learn something about how the planet functions naturally. The seafloor stores large quantities of methane, a potent greenhouse gas, which has been suspected to be released naturally, modulating global climate. What the Deepwater Horizon incident has taught us is that releases of methane with similar characteristics will not have the capacity to influence climate.”

And so another terrifying tipping point bites the dust. Expect to read all about this in the newspapers and to hear about it on TV. Or not. Maybe just here at Hauntingthelibrary.
http://hauntingthelibrary.wordpress...-warming-tipping-point-theory-bites-the-dust/

http://antigreen.blogspot.com/

This is why Sarah Palin will become President in 2012. She will restart coal mining business in U.S including in West Virgina. And then we can supply our own coal.

Werbung:
Check it out Pockets. You got duped again. You have been lied to repeatedly and yet, you still believe. How many more times will it take before you realize that global warming is a left wing hoax?

Yes, it's quite clear. Every major scientific organization in the world, vs a few bloggers and pundits make it clear that global warming is a hoax perpetrated on the world by the nerds in order to get back at us for the way we treated them in junior high school. It's a good thing that we have unbiased sources like Greeniewatch to keep us informed.

Back