A Conception's Right To Life

.......well I guess for starters the usual one really.....a severly handicapped child with no prospect of living!

Do you euthanize handicapped children in the UK? We don't here. We can let them die a natural death, but we don't put them down like dogs.

And I asked you for a circumstance where you beleve my right to "something" outweighs your right to live. Your reference to severely handicapped children clearly doesn't fill the request.

Werbung:
Chip, your arguments have not persuaded anyone. Are you trying to persuade us or are you merely engaging in mental masturbation by preaching and railing at us? You claim to be a psychologist, and brilliant. Do you interact with your patients, or just preach at them? I'm sure you must interact, or you would soon be unsought for and out of business, and your so called brilliance is a false positive.

I don't believe that anything could convince you to give up your faith and embrace the facts. These arguments aren't about convincing you, or anyone else. They are for those who may be sitting on the fence who don't engage in the debates but read them with interest. These debates are about showing them the lengths to which one will prostitute their inellect in an effort to defend an indefensible position.

On average, I get an e mail or private message every other month or so, thanking me for convincing them to get down off the fence on the anti abortion on demand side. I know you will never change your mind because you are not in a rational mode of mind. You are arguing from a position of faith. I do thank you, however, for providing irrational arguments that demonstrate precisely to those who are still thinking how silly a flat earther looks.

The missus and I created one.......actually two..............have you??????

Question on point. Do you agree that your children were living, individual human beings whou would never become more human from the time they were concieved?

palerider;84931]Until you put forward something that isn't a fallacy, I don't have anything really to argue against. Arguing against a logical fallacy is no more and no less than the mental masturbation that concocted the fallacy in the first place.

I as well as about everyone else already have over & over again. That you don't agree and continue to filibuster is irrelevant. The fact is this case has been adjudicated (not by me) but at the highest possible level and their ruling has stood for approaching 4 decades. A correct conclusion was reached.

The primary problem with your attempt to analogize war and the civilian casualties that go along with it is that you are clearly against it. If you supported civillian casualties, perhaps there might be some very odd and questionable point in there because you support abortion. That isn't the case.

WOW... you're gonna have to do a whole lot better than that, because I certainly never said any of that. :eek:

I'm doing one thing and one thing only. Identifying multiple things that you incorrectly said only happen in abortion such as (no judicial review or where after adjudication the rights were given to next of kin & not government as in life support decisions in other non-viable circumstances). Furthermore where have I ever said collateral damage is not a sometimes necessary circumstance? I of course did not.

How long did it take to overturn slavery? How long did it take to get women the vote? How long did it take to overturn segregation?

About the same amount of time it took to get rid of anti-choice laws and give women the right to choose and have reproductive rights.;)

Your whole debate is singular in nature. That a pair of human cells, that if everything went perfectly would produce a child... should have the exact same rights as a born person. And that those cells have a Constitutional priority over the rights & wishes of the mother.

However for probably the 50th time now abortion is not disallowed in the Constitution. As well as the fact that at the time of it's writing "BIRTH" was the intended marker of "life rights". It's easy to look at the language (all the language)...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government.

A) Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness are all so very obviously after birth descriptions. A fertilized egg can't even LIVE on it's own... as such a fertilized egg has no independent LIBERTY... A fertilized egg certainly has no brain or feelings which would be needed to PURSUE HAPPINESS... as say a baby would have.

B) And B & C are the crux of the matter... That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. In other words the people get to decide what rules they will be governed by.

C) That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. As was correctly accomplished in the overturn of anti-woman, anti-reproductive rights, anti-choice laws.

Question on point. Do you agree that your children were living, individual human beings whou would never become more human from the time they were concieved?
............. Oh for the love of mike - Pale I've just been through this with Chip............this is just plain boring now.................

Look its fairly simple really before a woman becames pregnant she's not pregnant........once she's pregnant believe it or not she's pregnant and boy the fun really starts then!!!!!!!

Have fun..............

I as well as about everyone else already have over & over again. That you don't agree and continue to filibuster is irrelevant. The fact is this case has been adjudicated (not by me) but at the highest possible level and their ruling has stood for approaching 4 decades. A correct conclusion was reached.

And your point is? If the basis of your argument is that it has stood so therefore it will continue to stand, then you are even less intelligent than I had thought and believe me, I don't think much of your intelligence quotient already. I mean really, you keep putting forward the same old logical fallacies over and over and they keep getting shot down over and over and you never even make an attempt to prove that they are not logical fallacy. How much slower could you possibly be?

WOW... you're gonna have to do a whole lot better than that, because I certainly never said any of that. :eek:

So you support war and the non combattant casualties that go along with it? You have no problem at all with women and children dying when strikes put them in harm's way? Funny, I thought that you were horrified at civilian casualties of war. Excuse me, I didn't realize that you were a war monger. I didn't realize that you want to kill, that you wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in your teeth and eat dead burnt bodies.

I'm doing one thing and one thing only. Identifying multiple things that you incorrectly said only happen in abortion such as (no judicial review or where after adjudication the rights were given to next of kin & not government as in life support decisions in other non-viable circumstances). Furthermore where have I ever said collateral damage is not a sometimes necessary circumstance? I of course did not.

You are trying to prove that two wrongs make a right and doing by introducing red herrings. You don't have a chance here topgun. Every fallacy that you concoct will be promptly identified and shot down. And rational argument, you don't have a chance because the facts don't support your position.

Lets review your most common falacies and do attempt to prove that your arguments are something other than fallacies.

Appeal to Belief
Appeal to Common Practice
Appeal to Emotion
Appeal to Popularity
Appeal to Ridicule
Appeal to Tradition
Begging the Question
Red Herring (one of your favorites)
Appeal to Fear
Appeal to Pity
Ad Hominem
Circumstantial Ad Hominem

Do you need to have them explained to you?

About the same amount of time it took to get rid of anti-choice laws and give women the right to choose and have reproductive rights.;)

So you do understand that eventually the facts will catch up to the decision and render it obsolete. If you understand this, why do you fight so adamantly against it?

Your whole debate is singular in nature. That a pair of human cells, that if everything went perfectly would produce a child... should have the exact same rights as a born person. And that those cells have a Constitutional priority over the rights & wishes of the mother.

My whole argument is about the rights of human beings. If you call than singular, then feel free. My argument, none the less, is fully supported by science and the law while all parts of yours remain completely unsupported.

Your ageist use of the term "those cells" is used with exactly the same mindset as a racist who uses the word ni**er in an attempt to dehumanize a human being. Aren't you proud?

However for probably the 50th time now abortion is not disallowed in the Constitution. As well as the fact that at the time of it's writing "BIRTH" was the intended marker of "life rights". It's easy to look at the language (all the language)...

Of course it is. Unless of course, you can prove that unborns are not human beings. Can you do that?

And once more for those who are simply too damned stupid to get it through their heads, the only time born is used is in association with the rights of citizenship. The fact that you keep referring to this obviousl loser highlights the inherent abject weakness of your argument.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. [/COLOR]

The use of the word men at the time according to dictionaries of the day refers to humanity in general. That is, all humanity. All humanity is created equal. That is all humanity comes into being with the same rights. One may not aquire more rights than one was created with by virtue of status. Among those rights we are come into being with are the right to life.

Yea, I understand the words perfectly. Odd that you would provide a passage that supports my argument in an attempt to support yours. You lose again topgun. You have brought a pen knife to an intellectual gunfight.

A) Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness are all so very obviously after birth descriptions. A fertilized egg can't even LIVE on it's own... as such a fertilized egg has no independent LIBERTY... A fertilized egg certainly has no brain or feelings which would be needed to PURSUE HAPPINESS... as say a baby would have.

Sorry but they aren't. Life begins upon conception. Cutting a life short denies the following basic rights. They are meaningless unless the right to live is first protected. Clearly, you don't understand the nature of rights.

There are plenty of human beings who are unable at times of their lives to live on their own. I have been scuba diving since 1974 and every minute I have been down, I have been unable to live on my own. All astronauts are unable to live on their own. Everyone who has ever flown has been unable to live on their own. Life support does not dehumanize a human being as much as you wish it did.

And once more for those who are just too damned stupid to learn. There is no such thing as a fertilized egg. The term is as obsolete and outmoded as the roe decision itself. Science has moved on and left both you and roe behind. Soon you will both be where you belong; the dust bin of history.

As I have pointed out. One begins to live at conception. Denying life naturally leads to denying all other rights. No right has any meaning at all if the right to live is not first secured. Abortion is a denial of the most basic human right.

Again, thanks for bringing the founders words forward to prove how wrong you are.

B) And B & C are the crux of the matter... That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. In other words the people get to decide what rules they will be governed by.

To secure the most basic rights. To secure the right to live. Again, you are proving my point. Thanks.

C) That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government. As was correctly accomplished in the overturn of anti-woman, anti-reproductive rights, anti-choice laws.

Are you suggesting that we go to war to put an end to the abuse of an entire class of human beings who are being denied their most basic human rights? We did it once and those who favored denying rights lost and the cost in life and treasure was massive. I am sure that we can overturn roe without going to war.

............. Oh for the love of mike - Pale I've just been through this with Chip............this is just plain boring now.................

Look its fairly simple really before a woman becames pregnant she's not pregnant........once she's pregnant believe it or not she's pregnant and boy the fun really starts then!!!!!!!

Have fun..............

It was a fairly easy question answered best by a simple yes or no. It is interesting that you will not simply answer in the affirmative or negative.

And your point is?

My point is that the issue has already been decided correctly at the highest legal level there is, it held for going on 4 decades and it continues to be the will of the people now.

As far as your personal attacks. Slimy Clinic Creepers do not affect me.:)

So you support war and the non combattant casualties that go along with it? You have no problem at all with women and children dying when strikes put them in harm's way? Funny, I thought that you were horrified at civilian casualties of war. Excuse me, I didn't realize that you were a war monger. I didn't realize that you want to kill, that you wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in your teeth and eat dead burnt bodies.

I guess I was wrong in my assumption that you'd be able to realize that there is a difference between liking something and understanding that there are times when very unfortunate things happen because of a conflicting and important purpose that is necessary.

You are trying to prove that two wrongs make a right and doing by introducing red herrings.

No... I'm simply pointing out something you said was blatantly & provably wrong.:)

And once more for those who are simply too damned stupid to get it through their heads, the only time born is used is in association with the rights of citizenship.

Not so. It's easy to read the text and understand it's meaning is that life starts at birth.

The use of the word men at the time according to dictionaries of the day refers to humanity in general. That is, all humanity. All humanity is created equal. That is all humanity comes into being with the same rights. One may not aquire more rights than one was created with by virtue of status. Among those rights we are come into being with are the right to life.

You were doing pretty good there until you fantasized your last line. That's not in there in any way. The truth is the founders never intended to give rights to the unborn... as at that time birth was the marker for legal rights.

Sorry but they aren't. Life begins upon conception. Cutting a life short denies the following basic rights. They are meaningless unless the right to live is first protected. Clearly, you don't understand the nature of rights.

Clearly you do not understand that it's about what the founders wrote and intended at the time not something that you believe science has proven since. At birth was when individual rights were considered established back in 1776.

There are plenty of human beings who are unable at times of their lives to live on their own. I have been scuba diving since 1974 and every minute I have been down, I have been unable to live on my own. All astronauts are unable to live on their own. Everyone who has ever flown has been unable to live on their own. Life support does not dehumanize a human being as much as you wish it did.

Well that's about as ridiculous as one can get!:) You put yourself into those positions of your own free will. And no one other person is responsible for you making that choice nor is there any one person legally obligated to donate the internal use of there body so you may have the joy of doing any of those things.

Major bad analogy my friend... and again it explains just why you have been such a long time looser.
:)

My point is that the issue has already been decided correctly at the highest legal level there is, it held for going on 4 decades and it continues to be the will of the people now.

And yet, you are completely unable to support the opinion. You understand that it was decided based on an assumption that has since been proven wrong. You can provide no credible evidence that shows that the assumption was correct and yet, you cling to it anyway. Clearly, it was not decided correctly. The nature of a correct decision by the supreme court is to be able to go to the constitution and demonstrate constitutionally that the decision was correct. Not possible with roe. Bad decision. Ultimately unsupportable. Will be struck down. The facts always win out eventually.

As far as your personal attacks. Slimy Clinic Creepers do not affect me.:)

Juvenile name calling? Trying to convince yourself and others that you aren't afraid of that bad ole palerider?

I guess I was wrong in my assumption that you'd be able to realize that there is a difference between liking something and understanding that there are times when very unfortunate things happen because of a conflicting and important purpose that is necessary.

And yet you continue to use a red herring in a vain attempt to prove that two wrongs somehow make a right. It won't work because it isn't rational. There simply is no relationship between an individual being caught in the fog of war and a woman deciding to deliberately kill another individual. The fact that you can't grasp that really calls your intellect into question.

No... I'm simply pointing out something you said was blatantly & provably wrong.:)

Perhaps that is what you thought you were doing. The problem is that you can't see past your fallacy. You are still there. Your lips are moving but nothing is coming out.

Not so. It's easy to read the text and understand it's meaning is that life starts at birth.

True, it is easy to read the text and it is easy to read that all men are endowed by their creator (when else but at the time of their conception?) with certain unalienable rights. The fact that you can't even grasp such an easy concept is telling topgun. And then your insistence on trying to equate the rights of citizenship (which are aquired at birth) with the fundamental human rights tells even more. You really go through some interesting mental gymnastics trying to make that poor old dog hunt but it just won't work. The words are very clear.

You were doing pretty good there until you fantasized your last line. That's not in there in any way. The truth is the founders never intended to give rights to the unborn... as at that time birth was the marker for legal rights.

Sorry guy, but that assertion is simply wrong and history bears me out. As early as 1821, the first state law dealing directly with abortion was enacted by the Connecticut Legislature. Conn. Stat., Tit. 20, §§ 14, 16. By the time of the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment in 1868, there were at least 36 laws enacted by state or territorial legislatures limiting abortion. Neither the founders nor the drafters of the 14th amendment apparently had any issue at all with laws protecting the unborn.

The fact is that you just don't know enough to successfully argue this issue topgun. Your knowledge of history, the courts, case law and biology itself is simply lacking. If you had more knowledge, you wouldn't be arguing because you would realize that none of the facts support you. Maybe you would hold the same position, but maybe you wouldn't keep walking into doors.

Clearly you do not understand that it's about what the founders wrote and intended at the time not something that you believe science has proven since. At birth was when individual rights were considered established back in 1776.

The founders were (unlike you) intelligent and articulate men. If they had meant that ones rights began at birth they would have said that all men are born equal. That is not what they said and that is why you can never pass off your snake oil as truth. The only mention of birth was associated with the rights of citizenship and that was written in 1868, not at the time of the founding. Like I said, you just don't know enough about history or, sadly, your own nations founding documents to argue this. The founders never said a thing about being born. They simply said that we are all created equal. That is we come into being as equals.

Well that's about as ridiculous as one can get!:)[/B] You put yourself into those positions of your own free will. And no one other person is responsible for you making that choice nor is there any one person legally obligated to donate the internal use of there body so you may have the joy of doing any of those things.

Sorry guy, even when one isn't in a position by his or her own violition, another human being can be required to support them via their own bodily functions. See conjoined twins and that support is for life, not just a mere 9 months. You have lost every single point that you have tried to make top gun because none of them are founded in truth. They are no more than articles of faith to you and they are proved wrong by both the law and science. You are trying to make viability a standard and it simply isn't. Neither the law, science, nor philosophy supports you and simply saying so with no evidence to support the claim is just so much mental masturbation.

Werbung:
Back