6 dead, 12 injured in shooting at Arizona political meeting

What about this?

billboard.jpg

It should be taken down.

Werbung:
you a commie statist!

look I debated!

whats sad is when we start talking about how the rhetoric needs to be toned down a bit...all they can do is scream about liberals...even though for example I have already talked about 2 times when I dealt with liberals taking things to far..no just ignore that and scream about but Liberals said X or Y 5 years ago...well I guess that just means both sides should not tone it down and maybe not talk about bringing arms to protest and such...

I am starting to recall why I had both on ignore before...its pointless to try

While the blood was still running from the wounds of the victims of the shooting in Arizona, the left smear merchants at the New York Times and MSNBC were carefully crafting every sentence of their lead stories. The goal was to use the tragedy to paint Republicans, the Tea Party, conservatives in general and specific individuals as extremists and somehow being responsible for the acts of a crazed individual.

Follow along with Carl Hulse and Kate Zernicke as they unfold their thesis on why the shooting happened. You can read the full text of their story here.

First the title. Bloodshed Put’s New Focus On Vitriol In Politics Whenever someone at the New York Times or MSNBC mentions vitriol and politics, you can be sure they’re talking about a conservative, but this headline is not a relfection of the truth, it’s the announcment of an agenda.

The lead paragraph is the mission statement.

The shooting of Representative Gabrielle Giffords and others at a neighborhood meeting in Arizona on Saturday set off what is likely to be a wrenching debate over anger and violence in American politics.

Throughout the rest of their story, Hulse and Zeernike use inuendo and subtle leads to help the reader draw the conclusion that conservatives are to blame.

In the hours immediately after the shooting of Ms. Giffords, a Democrat…Top Republicans including Speaker John A. Boehner and Gov. Jan Brewer of Arizona quickly condemned the violence….

Why mention party affilliation? Why structure the paragraph this way? Because it’s the set up.

President Obama made a brief appearance at the White House, calling the shooting an “unspeakable act” and promising to “get to the bottom of this.”

I don’t think this was Obama “crafting” a statement, but what is there, really to get to the bottom of? We know the killer. He was tackled trying to kill people. The next sentence in their story is the payoff.

Not since the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995 has an event generated as much attention as to whether extremism, antigovernment sentiment and even simple political passion at both ends of the ideological spectrum have created a climate promoting violence. The fallout seemed to hold the potential to upend the effort by Republicans to keep their agenda front and center in the new Congress and to alter the political narrative in other ways.

The Oklahoma City bombing was blamed on “right wing” extremism. The authors are trying to connect the dots. And why is their “fallout” from this event for only “Republicans”? Are they to blame?

The story continues to explain how the vote on the repeal of the health care law by the new congress was the catalyst.

The House was set to vote Wednesday on the new Republican majority’s proposal to repeal the health care law that had energized their supporters and ignited opposition from the Tea Party movement.

At this point in their story, Hulse and Zernicke apparently feel as though they’ve established the background they need to get right to the point, which is that Sarah Palin and the Tea Party caused this shooting. Read the excerpts below.

The original health care legislation stirred strong feelings that flared at angry town hall meetings held by many Democratic lawmakers during the summer of 2009. And there has been broader anger and suspicion rising about the government, its finances and its goals, with the discourse partially fueled by talk shows and Web sites…

But others said it was hard to separate what had happened from the heated nature of the debate that has swirled around Mr. Obama and Democratic policies of the past two years.

“It is fair to say — in today’s political climate, and given today’s political rhetoric — that many have contributed to the building levels of vitriol in our political discourse that have surely contributed to the atmosphere in which this event transpired,”…

During last spring’s health care votes, the language used against some lawmakers was ratcheted up again, with protesters outside the House hurling insults and slurs. The offices of some Democrats, including Ms. Giffords’s in Tucson, were vandalized.

Remember when “allegedly” Tea Party protestors were using racial slurs towards black congressment as they walked up the capitol steps? Remember out of the hundreds of video cameras and cell phones that were there nobody could produce one shred of evidence that it ever happened? Even with a $100,000 reward offer for just one video of one person using the N word. As the story continues, Sarah Palin is “targeted” with responsibility for the attack.

Ms. Giffords was also among a group of Democratic House candidates featured on the Web site of Sarah Palin’s political action committee with cross hairs over their districts, a fact that disturbed Ms. Giffords at the time.

“We’re on Sarah Palin’s targeted list,” Ms. Giffords said last March. “But the thing is the way that she has it depicted has the cross hairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they’ve got to realize there’s consequences to that.”
(Late Saturday, the map was still on Ms. Palin’s Facebook page.)

Democrats have also pointed out cases where Republican candidates seemed to raise the prospect of armed revolt if Washington did not change its ways.

And now the most revealing excerpt of all. The final paragraph is headed with a question. Not a Tea Party Member? That is not a statement, it is a question. The question mark is not a mistake. The authors are saying, “Oh so this kid was not in the Tea Party, sure he wasn’t and you expect us to believe that?”

Not a Tea Party member?
Sensitive to the issue, Tea Party activists in Arizona said they quickly reviewed their membership lists to check whether the suspect, Mr. Loughner, was associated with them. They said they found no evidence that he was.
Tea Party members in Tucson had disagreed sharply with Ms. Giffords, particularly as the health care debate unfolded, but she ended up backing the measure despite the political risks. They strongly supported her opponent, Jesse Kelly, in the November election, and staged several protests outside her office.
DeAnn Hatch, a co-founder of the Tucson Tea Party, said her group had never staged any rallies against the congresswoman elsewhere, and she did not believe there were any Tea Party protesters at the event Saturday.

But others said it would be hard to separate this shooting from the ideological clash.

Notice the final sentence. In spite no evidence linking this troubled man to the Tea Party, in spite of direct statements by the Tea Party that they were not even at the rally where the tragic shooting occured, in spite of no evidence whatsoever that this kid was nothing more than a lunatic…the final sentence of their story uses the typical journalistic trick to make a statement without accepting responsibility for making it.

If you tell a lie enough times, some people will start to think it’s the truth. The real truth is, this is a tragedy for the victims and their famlies brought about by the act of a deranged individual. Their grief should be our grief. My prayer is that they find comfort and solace in their time of great pain.

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why the senseless attempted murder of a rich white woman brings the media to a standstill whiel the attempted or successful senseless murder of anyone else is not even always reported at all and forgotten in a minute ?

Seems to me that all those lives had worth and do matter.

That beig said, I'm glad this woman is doing well and I mourn the ones who were not so fortunate.

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why the senseless attempted murder of a rich white woman brings the media to a standstill whiel the attempted or successful senseless murder of anyone else is not even always reported at all and forgotten in a minute ?

That beig said, I'm glad this woman is doing well and I mourn the ones who were not so fortunate.

While the leftwing media has obsessed over this incident, probably dozens of people have been murdered, raped, kidnapped - and many of those in arizona. It's yet ANOTHER measure of the arrogance of the leftwing that because one of their own gets winged, everyone should stop exercizing the first amendment rights - stop opposing the leftwing agenda of horrific debt, super-statism, anti-white racism, ecofascism, appeasement, healthcare rationing and death panels, the Abortion Holocaust, endless privileges for gays, and a welcome mat for the illegal alien invasion.

its just you...

people tend to notice when US congress members are shot in the head along wiht 20 other people...you think race or gender means jack? really? what color is the sky in your world?

While the leftwing media has obsessed over this incident, probably dozens of people have been murdered, raped, kidnapped - and many of those in arizona. It's yet ANOTHER measure of the arrogance of the leftwing that because one of their own gets winged, everyone should stop exercizing the first amendment rights - stop opposing the leftwing agenda of horrific debt, super-statism, anti-white racism, ecofascism, appeasement, healthcare rationing and death panels, the Abortion Holocaust, endless privileges for gays, and a welcome mat for the illegal alien invasion.

because you would of course have not cared at all had Palin been shot in the head, 6 tea party members dead, and like 15 others wounder...you would say nothing right?

Your partisanship knows no bounds...you are utterly worthless to talk to , and a horribly small person.

Any senseless mass murder is likely to garner a lot of media attention, but this one included a congresswoman. Do you think the media frenzy would have been the same had she been, say for example, a local dentist or real estate agent? Would it have been different had she been a rich black woman?

But, yes, all those lives did have worth and do matter, and let's hope that all of the injured are doing well and will recover.

because you would of course have not cared at all had Palin been shot in the head, 6 tea party members dead, and like 15 others wounder...you would say nothing right?

Your partisanship knows no bounds...you are utterly worthless to talk to , and a horribly small person.

"Small person" - someone who isn't a neolibfascist. Why don't you face up to the REAL reason for the shooting?

Global warming. :D

Any senseless mass murder is likely to garner a lot of media attention, but this one included a congresswoman. Do you think the media frenzy would have been the same had she been, say for example, a local dentist or real estate agent? Would it have been different had she been a rich black woman?

But, yes, all those lives did have worth and do matter, and let's hope that all of the injured are doing well and will recover.

Nope. Unless the rich black woman was also a liberal congresscritter.

Not nearly the interest i the Ft Hood mass murder.

Whats so special with a congresscriter anyway ?

The truth is so compelling...and this cartoon clearly points to the truth.

Yet, the left media has portrayed conservatives as dangerous for decades. And they have been very successful in duping a large portion of the population.

2011-01-17-brief-cartoon.jpg

That black and white world in which there are no shades of gray, let alone colors, must be rather dull. How is it that everything boils down to "liberal" or "conservative", with the latter claiming to be picked on? Was that congresista really a liberal? By what measure?

That black and white world in which there are no shades of gray, let alone colors, must be rather dull. How is it that everything boils down to "liberal" or "conservative", with the latter claiming to be picked on? Was that congresista really a liberal? By what measure?

check her record.

dull ? hardly. some of us just dont invent gray when reality shows otherwise. we prefer to see things as they aer and let the gray present itself.

That black and white world in which there are no shades of gray, let alone colors, must be rather dull.

Like demanding people discern liberal nazis, moderate nazis, and conservative nazis in world war two. :D

Was that congresista really a liberal? By what measure?

What do you mean "was"? Has the leftwing hysteria finally got you fantasizing that she died??

She gets a D+ rating from the NRA, voted for obozo's trillion dollar porkulus, supports the failed government K12 "schools", and is a gung-ho Abortion Holocaust supporter. Hmmm - sound like a red meat conservative to me. :D

Werbung:
1)Like demanding people discern liberal nazis, moderate nazis, and conservative nazis in world war two. :D

Nazis have more in common with the american rightwing than they do in the american leftwing.

Back