Public Schools - Indoctrination Centers

What Students Don't Learn at Bowdoin College

"So he paid for researchers for the National Association of Scholars to study this university and its curriculum and what's been going on there, and the upshot of it is: Bowdoin College "has 'no curricular requirements that center on the American founding or the history of the nation.' Even history majors aren't required to take a single course in American history"

Werbung:
What Students Don't Learn at Bowdoin College

"So he paid for researchers for the National Association of Scholars to study this university and its curriculum and what's been going on there, and the upshot of it is: Bowdoin College "has 'no curricular requirements that center on the American founding or the history of the nation.' Even history majors aren't required to take a single course in American history"

Sounds like an Arab school that refuses to recognize Israel exists.

I just heard about another school, (the one with the crossword puzzle) that is teaching about "civil rights". It was all a product of the Democrats. This is a lesson being taught to 8th graders since 2004. Rewriting history seems to be part of academia.

Communis goal #31
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture."

I heard about a school that...
There is a school somewhere that...

(followed by an outrageous example)

and therefore all schools are simply liberal centers of indoctrination.

Now, if schools were to successfully teach about generalizations and other fallacies, perhaps we wouldn't.. what? people still believe whatever they want regardless of what they should know to be true?

Good point.

people still believe whatever they want regardless of what they should know to be true?

This is simply not the truth. Children have been the focus of indoctrination by governments throughout history. And, to minimize this point by saying

"and therefore all schools are simply liberal centers of indoctrination."

clearly shows your ignorance about this topic!

This is simply not the truth. Children have been the focus of indoctrination by governments throughout history. And, to minimize this point by saying

"and therefore all schools are simply liberal centers of indoctrination."

clearly shows your ignorance about this topic!

Is recitation of the pledge of Allegiance "indoctrination?"

If so, I suppose that children really are the "focus of indoctrination."

But to cite a few outrageous examples and generalize that to say that all schools are "liberal indoctrination centers" is not supportable.

Is recitation of the pledge of Allegiance "indoctrination?"

If so, I suppose that children really are the "focus of indoctrination."

But to cite a few outrageous examples and generalize that to say that all schools are "liberal indoctrination centers" is not supportable.
Have you done any research on C Scope?

Not exactly "a few outrageous examples"!

Have you done any research on C Scope?

Not exactly "a few outrageous examples"!
Nope. Never heard of it. Of course, I've never been to Texas, either. Let's see...

In February, Texas announced that the state, along with the Texas Education Service Center Curriculum (TESCCC,) would enact major changes to the controversial curriculum management system dubbed CSCOPE. The system received a litany of complaints from faculty members and parents alike concerning its lack of transparency (parents were allegedly not permitted to review lesson-plans), lack of oversight from the State Board of Education, and for allegedly imposing oppressive working conditions for faculty members.

yes, sounds like another generalization to me, and one that the teachers and parents are getting changed.

Is the Pledge of Allegiance "indoctrination"? I was guilty of that one for many years. I even went so far as to teach kids that "pledge" had other meanings besides furniture polish.

Okay, at what point to your consider indoctrination?

A handful of examples?
A hundred?
A thousand?

How many?

A handful of examples?
A hundred?
A thousand?

How many?
How about reviewing the curriculum of a state, say for example, a liberal state like California and pointing out where what the state actually requires be taught has a liberal slant to it?

A handful of examples?
A hundred?
A thousand?

How many?

Well there are 50 state boards of education overseeing 16,025 school districts.

How about 1-2% ?

Thats one state or 160 school districts. But lets be sure we're talking required curriculum and not some teacher going ad hoc. To be a "center" its got to be sanctioned.

Fair or do you propose some other metric ?

Well there are 50 state boards of education overseeing 16,025 school districts.

How about 1-2% ?

Thats one state or 160 school districts. But lets be sure we're talking required curriculum and not some teacher going ad hoc. To be a "center" its got to be sanctioned.

Fair or do you propose some other metric ?

That's fair.

Nope. Never heard of it. Of course, I've never been to Texas, either. Let's see...

CScope is being used in the majority of states including California.

But, the point is what is in the CScope curriculum. Something that you have already said you know nothing about. The curriculum is pure lies and indoctrination. You should try doing a little research on the topic. There is no question it is indoctrination.

Or, you can continue to be adamant about a topic that by your own admittance ... you know nothing about.

Werbung:
CScope is being used in the majority of states including California.

But, the point is what is in the CScope curriculum. Something that you have already said you know nothing about. The curriculum is pure lies and indoctrination. You should try doing a little research on the topic. There is no question it is indoctrination.

Or, you can continue to be adamant about a topic that by your own admittance ... you know nothing about.
or you could try to meet Dogtowner's criterion of proof.

Back