Monotheistic religions: What do they Mean?

Werbung:
The old Testament doesn't count? Christians don't recognize it?
It doesn't start with the Christian god?
Christianity was based on Jesus, who claimed that his purpose on Earth was to reform his Jewish religion, which had become corrupted by Greek and Roman conquest and influences. At least that is what he said. But he was condemned for violating the commandments of traditional Judaism.

The actual Christian religion is more the work of Paul of Tarsus. Jesus did not intend to create a world religion, he wanted to restore Judaism. Paul saw that Jews were fractious and much fewer in number, so he dedicated his life to converting pagans.

Christianity was based on Jesus, who claimed that his purpose on Earth was to reform his Jewish religion, which had become corrupted by Greek and Roman conquest and influences. At least that is what he said. But he was condemned for violating the commandments of traditional Judaism.

The actual Christian religion is more the work of Paul of Tarsus. Jesus did not intend to create a world religion, he wanted to restore Judaism. Paul saw that Jews were fractious and much fewer in number, so he dedicated his life to converting pagans.
Honestly, who cares?
It never existed.

Honestly, who cares?
It never existed.
I do not think you can say that Christianity never existed. Most unbiased scholars believe that Yeshua ben Yakov, aka Jesus, actually did exist. But there is far less proof for Jesus existence than that of Mohammad, Pontius Pilate, Paul of Tarsus, or Julius Caesar.

Werbung:
I do not think you can say that Christianity never existed.

I never said that. You did just then.
Most unbiased scholars believe that Yeshua ben Yakov, aka Jesus, actually did exist. But there is far less proof for Jesus existence than that of Mohammad, Pontius Pilate, Paul of Tarsus, or Julius Caesar.
What they believe is irrelevant. The ones who dont believe do so because there no reason to believe it through lack of evidence.

Back