Election 2012--Simplified and Made Easy

Huh? that's what I said. If the Senate doesn't go to the Republicans, that means Reid would more than likely retain the leadership position, and nothing would get done.
I am willing to bank on us taking over the Senate this year than us winning the White House. Obama stole the election in 2008 and there is not much here to convince me he will not steal it again this time!

Werbung:
I am willing to bank on us taking over the Senate this year than us winning the White House. Obama stole the election in 2008 and there is not much here to convince me he will not steal it again this time!

It will happen--as you say.
Americans are only stupid in spurts.

stole ? not seeing that. Ax and Ploof had a masterful plan to win the nomination and then he got McCain who transformed into a mild mannered punching bag who refused to call BOs lies regarding the nature of the mortgage loan mess (which he had direct personal knowledge of). now unless you have some proof that McCain was bought off, no amount of electioneering (ballot box stuffing) gets you that margin of victory.

biggest ever ? won't be that easy considering the state of the rest of the world and the public school's inability to gin up the sort of workforce we had in years past. and so dern much regulation to unwind I don't think we'll be setting records. of course all this is predicated on the elephants picking up the senate along with the white house.
Even if they do, not much is going to change.

When did education become an issue of the federal government, anyway?

officially 1980. a gift from Jimmuh Carter. but it was merely seperated into it's own dept from the old Health Education and Welfare.

That was during the Clinton administration, then it was expanded on during Bush II, and further expanded during the current administration. So, if the Republicans are elected, are they going to close down the Department of Education?

Anyone want to make a bet about that?

That was during the Clinton administration, then it was expanded on during Bush II, and further expanded during the current administration. So, if the Republicans are elected, are they going to close down the Department of Education?

Anyone want to make a bet about that?

actually Carter but Reagan didn't shutter it when he had the chance.
don't get my hopes up P.
perhaps if not shuttered, at least dialed back to something more appropriate. the school people (here at least) know how to educate if left to do it (and with parental involvement). this needs to be as local as possible.

You've convinced me that the media, with the exception of Fox and rant radio, has a bias toward Democrats. Now, the 64 dollar question: Is the Democratic Party really more "liberal" than the Republican party? Which party really stands for individual liberty? I personally think that neither one does. Neither one is really "Communist" or "radical leftist", either, not according to any definition of the term most of us would accept, that is.

Is the Patriot Act liberal, or conservative? How about indefinite detention without trial? asset forfeiture? Is leaving the decision of abortion up to the individual, rather than the government, really "conservative"?

To me, conservatism is all about getting the government out of our lives. None of the above accomplishes that. Your definitions are obviously quite different.

I agree that both parties are more interested in growing their own power than in maintaining our freedoms. As long as we are divided by partisanship and not united in our demand for all of our freedoms - both sexual and economic - then they will win and we will lose. We need to unite in an effort toward limited government. A limited gov limits the dems from doing what they would do wrong and limits the pubs as well.

Werbung:
Freedom grows--with each LESS dollar that arrives into Federal hands.
That is why they always seek all your money.

Back