What is the Trinity?

If Jesus Is God....then what is the "sacrifice" God makes when he has Jesus die? Its not Like God realy lost something..Jesus is God therefor is human death really a sacrifice for a being that is that powerful? God Does not lose anything...Jesus does not lose anything...so where is the Sacrifice?

Jesus gave up his divine nature to become a man. he had only faith that he would survive the suffering and death. read the book, its all in there.

Werbung:
I fully believe in the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit I just do not think they are all the same God. What makes you believe in the trinity? What vs. from scripture do you find that compels you to believe that Jesus IS GOD?
To me the Bible makes it clear that the Godhead consists of three persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. However, throughout both the Old and New Testaments, the Bible makes it clear that God is one. So, God, in His essence, is One God.
The construction of the Trinity is, therefore, quite simple. God is three persons, but one essence, Intellectually, we are unsatisfied, since it is quite impossible that 3 = 1. The paradox is solved in two ways.Jesus said many times, when you see me you see my father and the Holy Spirit is a GIFT from God..I hope this helps a little...

Pandora..The Bible says that Jesus existed in the form of God prior to coming to earth (Philippians 2:5-7).Jesus Himself claimed to have existed in heaven even before the creation of the universe (John 6:62,8:58, 17:5, 24). The Bible also makes it clear that Jesus, as God, created the entire universe in addition to everything in heaven (including the angels).

To me the Bible makes it clear that the Godhead consists of three persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. However, throughout both the Oldand New Testaments, the Bible makes it clear that God is one. So, God, in His essence, is One God.
The construction of the Trinity is, therefore, quite simple. God is three persons, but one essence, Intellectually, we are unsatisfied, since it is quite impossible that 3 = 1. The paradox is solved in two ways.Jesus said many times, when you see me you see my father and the Holy Spirit is a GIFT from God..I hope this helps a little...
Do you think that a God can have a God?

There is nothing in the Bible..so NO..
Here are a few places where Jesus talks about him having a God, the same God you and I have.

John 20:17

17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’ ”

Revelation 3:2

2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.

Revelation 2:26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations — 27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[b] —just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give that one the morning star. 29 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Revelation 3:11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Here are a few places where Jesus talks about him having a God, the same God you and I have.

17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’ ”

2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.

Revelation 2:26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations — 27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[b] —just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give that one the morning star. 29 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Revelation 3:11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

OK but if Jesus is speaking he's a begotten not made man so it m akes perfect sense to refer to God the Father that way.. And I don't see any conflict in him also referring to God the Father as "my father"..

For me its highly significant that Jesus assumed the hman form as an actual man as opposed to a costume of sorts. Only his faith told him that there was going to be a happy ending.

OK but if Jesus is speaking he's a begotten not made man so it m akes perfect sense to refer to God the Father that way.. And I don't see any conflict in him also referring to God the Father as "my father"..

For me its highly significant that Jesus assumed the hman form as an actual man as opposed to a costume of sorts. Only his faith told him that there was going to be a happy ending.

I didnt post the vs. because they prove Jesus called God his Father. I posted it because Jesus clearly has a God, the same God we have.

He calls God our God and his God. The way I understand God... God wasnt Created and God has no God.

I didnt post the vs. because they prove Jesus called God his Father. I posted it because Jesus clearly has a God, the same God we have.

He calls God our God and his God. The way I understand God... God wasnt Created and God has no God.

so addressing PLC's query, I got it now... d'oh

‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’ ” Yes that was before his death not today..

I've always had a problem with Christian dogma. Catholics have one set of beliefs, Baptists have another, Methodists have their's, Eastern Orthodox have their's, Mormons their's, etc. I strongly believe in God. When it comes to human-set rules and definitions related to God/Christ/Holy-Spirit/Mother-Mary/Moroni etc., I admit that I don't get it. My logical and questioning brain convinces me of God's existence. That same brain convinces me that the teachings of Christ are beautiful "truths"! Christ's teachings define what it means to be a "good human being" We Christians shouldn't concern ourselves with meaningless differences in the dogma of our various denominations. As long as the principles established by Christ are at the core of a Christian denomination, I could care less what they eat on Fridays, if they celebrate the Sabath on Saturday instead of Sunday, if they believe Christ established a nation in America, or if they wear funny pointed hats when they pray! Christians and Jews have too many good things in common. No need to bicker over the little differences. :)

I've always had a problem with Christian dogma. Catholics have one set of beliefs, Baptists have another, Methodists have their's, Eastern Orthodox have their's, Mormons their's, etc. I strongly believe in God. When it comes to human-set rules and definitions related to God/Christ/Holy-Spirit/Mother-Mary/Moroni etc., I admit that I don't get it. My logical and questioning brain convinces me of God's existence. That same brain convinces me that the teachings of Christ are beautiful "truths"! Christ's teachings define what it means to be a "good human being" We Christians shouldn't concern ourselves with meaningless differences in the dogma of our various denominations. As long as the principles established by Christ are at the core of a Christian denomination, I could care less what they eat on Fridays, if they celebrate the Sabath on Saturday instead of Sunday, if they believe Christ established a nation in America, or if they wear funny pointed hats when they pray! Christians and Jews have too many good things in common. No need to bicker over the little differences. :)

I tend to see sects being the results of people but the truth finds it's way out past the rest. Most sects are in accord on the few things that matter but it really boils down to my personal relationship with the Savior that is all that really counts.

AS a Catholic I agree with you. Denominations are not important. Many are based on what country you are born. Just follow what you think God said and try to lead a good life. That all that required.

Werbung:
If a person glances at a bible and maybe knows someone who goes to some church so they start going and just believe… never questioning or pondering or asking questions… I think they are probably going to be just fine if that is what makes them happy. Then there are others who spend hours pondering each issue. Not to fight about it or even argue about it but to discuss it.

I couldn’t imagine not going through hours and hours of research, questions and comparisons before coming up with a belief on almost anything religious or political. But another person can be told Jesus loves you and he died for your sins and that’s all a person needs or cares to know. They go on with their merry lives knowing that and being fully satisfied. I just can’t imagine being that person J

Back