Want to cut Fed spending? Here are the programs you have to choose from

Werbung:
1)and how would the state pay for it? wait wait...taxes!

2)and Charity is a nice idea if you live in a fairytale. People are to greedy to give enough to help enough.

1) Yes they would and your point would be?

2) Human nature is better than what you may think churches raise thousands of dollars and a lot of the wealthiest of Americans donate considerable amounts of money to charity. I personally have donated $50 worth of canned foods to a local food bank last week. What have you done?

1) Yes they would and your point would be?

2) Human nature is better than what you may think churches raise thousands of dollars and a lot of the wealthiest of Americans donate considerable amounts of money to charity. I personally have donated $50 worth of canned foods to a local food bank last week. What have you done?

my point was, republicans will scream about it , and the whole point of all the cuts are for most..that they want more money for themselfs...thus higher taxes is a no no no matter who does it.

Nothing this week, my checking account went red...I am in sales and on commission and this is the slowest part of year for me...But I do give...but 50 bucks...is nice but not going to do much overall if you took government out. My entire income per year would be hard pressed to help a freind of mines needs if not for government help.

1)my point was, republicans will scream about it , and the whole point of all the cuts are for most..that they want more money for themselfs...thus higher taxes is a no no no matter who does it.

2)Nothing this week, my checking account went red...I am in sales and on commission and this is the slowest part of year for me...But I do give...but 50 bucks...is nice but not going to do much overall if you took government out. My entire income per year would be hard pressed to help a freind of mines needs if not for government help.

1) Since when did I care what republicans think?

2) Reminds me of a story...

Thousands of starfish had washed up on the beach. A boy was walking on the boy and threw a starfish into to ocean. An older man was watching this and said, " What difference does it make they are all dead anyway." and to that the boy replied "It matters to this one."

The 50 dollars in canned food isnt as grand of a gesture as it seem it was just leftover from the groceries so I donated it. I live alone so I have plenty of leftover food.

But pockets if the government didnt force people to be charitable they would have a lot more money for charities they would like to donate. The more spare money people have lying around the more generous they become. Besides this government charity is ineffective and private charities are better at finding the truly disadvantaged.

1) Since when did I care what republicans think?

2) Reminds me of a story...

Thousands of starfish had washed up on the beach. A boy was walking on the boy and threw a starfish into to ocean. An older man was watching this and said, " What difference does it make they are all dead anyway." and to that the boy replied "It matters to this one."

The 50 dollars in canned food isnt as grand of a gesture as it seem it was just leftover from the groceries so I donated it. I live alone so I have plenty of leftover food.

But pockets if the government didnt force people to be charitable they would have a lot more money for charities they would like to donate. The more spare money people have lying around the more generous they become. Besides this government charity is ineffective and private charities are better at finding the truly disadvantaged.

I think you have to much faith in humanity and not enough in the power of greed...

yay no Dep of Education..now the poor states can get worse, and the states in the red already can pay more!

Ok cut Defense 50%...

If at some point the government took over shoe production, and there were a Department of Shoes with 300,000 employess who had done nothing to improve shoes, and I said disband it, then leftwingers would be saying there won't be any more shoes. :D

Ill match your 50% and raise you another 25% ...

How about social security we got to make a plan the phase that out of existence... As for the DOE let education decisions be made by local and state governments. The federal government has no business with education.

Nor does any level of government.

Income Security is the new name for Welfare and it's related programs. It's the same thing that happened with hunger, which is no longer referred to as hunger, it's now "Food Insecurity". Fitting since so many are eager to trade freedom for one form of security or another.

Thank you, I would never have guess that. That whole thing can go as well.

Nor does any level of government.

The state and local governments have a much broader authority. Under the current system they have the right. Do you propose a new system? I dont have a problem with local townships providing public education for their residents.

Half right. Former no, latter yes. With volunteer labor the overhead is negligible and it has worked forever.

Again state and local governments have a broader authority under our current government it they(being the state and local governments) want to provide welfare services it is well with in their rights. You dont have to live in the jurisdictions that do so but they are allowed to provide welfare services if they wish to.

Again state and local governments have a broader authority under our current government it they(being the state and local governments) want to provide welfare services it is well with in their rights. You dont have to live in the jurisdictions that do so but they are allowed to provide welfare services if they wish to.

Thy are, of course, operating with sepeate constitutions and the like and are free to do whatever they wish. But with government comes overhead and lots of it. Best to direct the resources in the most effective manner.

The state and local governments have a much broader authority. Under the current system they have the right. Do you propose a new system? I dont have a problem with local townships providing public education for their residents.

I'm talking what is rational, not that the government doesn't have a right to have its wretched, failed system. K12 schools should be universally privatized.

Werbung:
I'm talking what is rational, not that the government doesn't have a right to have its wretched, failed system. K12 schools should be universally privatized.

When communities filled a gap in education that the churches left, that was right and proper. Church education which was born in Europe did not have to deal with massive territory so the families had to.

When states decided that they knew better than localities, that was an overreach. When the federal government took an interest, that was unconstitutional.

Not all progress is positive. We are in a position to privatise it again as there is littl eterritory to settle.

Back