Trump and the economy

We all know the San Francisco area is infested with liberals. To clarify my position, "Silicon Valley" when discussing the economy, normally refers to the high tech companies and employees located and working there, not the entire population living there.

Yes, I'm sure the entire population living there is overwhelmingly liberal. However, business owners and entrepreneurs, and their employees, generally overwhelmingly vote Republican. I'm also sure in that particular area, it is skewed a bit more towards the Democrats, but I'll stand by my comment "I would have to believe that the vast majority of those working in Silicon Valley voted for Donald Trump."
I don't think you can support your generalization.
The college educated were not exactly Trump's constituency, but they're the ones most likely to have careers, whether it is in tech or something else.

Werbung:
The college educated were not exactly Trump's constituency, but they're the ones most likely to have careers, whether it is in tech or something else.

The end result of the college educated who voted for Trump was considerably higher than it was in the pre-election polls. And don't forget, the "college educated" includes graduating in majors such as "English Poetry" and other semi-useless opportunities out there for a job...and those I would agree they overwhelmingly voted for Hillary.

Without question though, the overwhelming majority of college educated business majors voted for Trump. They always have and they always will.

The end result of the college educated who voted for Trump was considerably higher than it was in the pre-election polls. And don't forget, the "college educated" includes graduating in majors such as "English Poetry" and other semi-useless opportunities out there for a job...and those I would agree they overwhelmingly voted for Hillary.

Without question though, the overwhelming majority of college educated business majors voted for Trump. They always have and they always will.

As I said before, I don't think you can support that statement.

It always struck me as funny that liberals can produce fantastic Hollywood movies and great sounding songs, but they don't have a clue about economics and how to properly run our country. Which is why liberals should never be in charge of our national government. On November 8th 2016, the American people got it right.

The Great Depression was caused by Republicans (1928), and the Great Recession was caused by Republicans (2007) Wonder what kind of hell we are in for this time.

The Great Depression was caused by Republicans (1928), and the Great Recession was caused by Republicans (2007) Wonder what kind of hell we are in for this time.

Revisionist history liberals will write that FDR got the country out of that depression. It was WW2 that eventually got us out of the depression. Blame Republicans if you want to for the 1929 collapse and that is valid, but what is not valid is the Democrats did no better to revive the economy, only war did that.

Your assertion about the 2008 collapse is pure revisionist history, something liberals are quite skilled at. Yes, Bush was president until 2008, but he was a totally burnt out president who could hardly even speak at that time from war with Islamists. The Democrats basically had control of our country and Bush would sign anything they put on his desk. It was Democratic Party inspired pressure that allowed folks who couldn't afford homes to move in and default on their mortgages, which was the basis for the meltdown. Republicans in congress were at fault as well as they actually proposed this legislation, but of course it was liberal inspired policy which caused the collapse. George Bush turned out to be more liberal than really conservative.

The inherent problem is liberalism, but fortunately that was just soundly rejected with the election of Donald Trump. The Republicans now have the Presidency along with the majority in the Senate and the House for the first time since 1928. I'm looking forward to a vibrant, growing, prosperous country again.

As I said before, I don't think you can support that statement.

Think whatever ya want. What is fact, is that Donald Trump is our president elect, and the Republicans now have the presidency, and control of the Senate and House for the first time since 1928.

I'm going to enjoy the ride to prosperity. Get on board if you wish, or you can wallow in a pity party for the next 4 years that your side got thrashed on November 8, 2016. Which will forever be known as the Waterloo for liberal federal government in America.

Think whatever ya want. What is fact, is that Donald Trump is our president elect, and the Republicans now have the presidency, and control of the Senate and House for the first time since 1928.

I'm going to enjoy the ride to prosperity. Get on board if you wish, or you can wallow in a pity party for the next 4 years that your side got thrashed on November 8, 2016. Which will forever be known as the Waterloo for liberal federal government in America.

That doesn't mean that "the overwhelming majority of college educated business majors voted for Trump. They always have and they always will."

That's the statement you can't support.

The Republicans had control of the Congress and White House during the early years of the Bush Administration, and there was no marvelous "ride to prosperity." The Republicans have no better answers than the Democrats do.

Revisionist history liberals will write that FDR got the country out of that depression. It was WW2 that eventually got us out of the depression. Blame Republicans if you want to for the 1929 collapse and that is valid, but what is not valid is the Democrats did no better to revive the economy, only war did that.

Problem here is I don't think you can support that anymore then you can most of your partisan assertions.

http://www.hoover.org/research/how-fdr-saved-capitalism

Your assertion about the 2008 collapse is pure revisionist history, something liberals are quite skilled at. Yes, Bush was president until 2008, but he was a totally burnt out president who could hardly even speak at that time from war with Islamists. The Democrats basically had control of our country and Bush would sign anything they put on his desk. It was Democratic Party inspired pressure that allowed folks who couldn't afford homes to move in and default on their mortgages, which was the basis for the meltdown. Republicans in congress were at fault as well as they actually proposed this legislation, but of course it was liberal inspired policy which caused the collapse. George Bush turned out to be more liberal than really conservative.

You are using the excuse that Bush was "burned out" because of two illegal, and unConstitutional, wars he started? Do you think it might have had something to do with his support for illegal immigration, his support for China's permanent membership in the WTO (something even Clinton opposed), the end of Glass-Steagall by the Republicans under Clinton, the tax reductions given to the wealthy, and the list goes on. Yes, Bush was a liberal, however, it was people like you that elected him. And the policies set forth were by others of your ilk, not liberals.

The inherent problem is liberalism, but fortunately that was just soundly rejected with the election of Donald Trump. The Republicans now have the Presidency along with the majority in the Senate and the House for the first time since 1928. I'm looking forward to a vibrant, growing, prosperous country again.

Trump is just another opportunistic liar that is going to get this country into even more debt. Hell, he won't even bring back his companies from China yet says he will punish others who do the same as he. I bet you are one of those rubes who bought that bridge in Brooklyn, or that swampland in Florida.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/05/donald-trumps-economy/481743/

On Thursday, Donald Trump’s tweet about tacos was only the second-most alarming message he sent to potential voters. Less open to humorous interpretation was his threat to default on U.S. debt in the event of a recession.

“I’ve borrowed knowing that you can pay back with discounts,” he told CNBC. “I would borrow knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal.”

This policy would be so disastrous that even its suggestion is dangerous. In the event of a recession, Trump would treat the full faith and credit of the United States to a capricious hair cut. As Josh Barro explained, this wouldn’t just represent a historic default, putting the U.S. in the position of a country like Greece or Argentina; it could also spark an international financial crisis, as “investors would cease to see Treasuries as a safe asset and demand higher interest rates in exchange for risk.”

From what I've saw large business preferences hrc because they liked the established way if life while small business prefer trump because they want a freer market.
Perhas you could point me to t h e figures behind your comment.

From what I've saw large business preferences hrc because they liked the established way if life while small business prefer trump because they want a freer market.
Behind my comment that the college educated are the most likely to have careers? Really? Some truths are just self evident.

That doesn't mean that "the overwhelming majority of college educated business majors voted for Trump. They always have and they always will."

That's the statement you can't support.

The Republicans had control of the Congress and White House during the early years of the Bush Administration, and there was no marvelous "ride to prosperity." The Republicans have no better answers than the Democrats do.

They didn'y have control of the Senate.
Problem here is I don't think you can support that anymore then you can most of your partisan assertions.

http://www.hoover.org/research/how-fdr-saved-capitalism

You are using the excuse that Bush was "burned out" because of two illegal, and unConstitutional, wars he started? Do you think it might have had something to do with his support for illegal immigration, his support for China's permanent membership in the WTO (something even Clinton opposed), the end of Glass-Steagall by the Republicans under Clinton, the tax reductions given to the wealthy, and the list goes on. Yes, Bush was a liberal, however, it was people like you that elected him. And the policies set forth were by others of your ilk, not liberals.

Trump is just another opportunistic liar that is going to get this country into even more debt. Hell, he won't even bring back his companies from China yet says he will punish others who do the same as he. I bet you are one of those rubes who bought that bridge in Brooklyn, or that swampland in Florida.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/05/donald-trumps-economy/481743/

On Thursday, Donald Trump’s tweet about tacos was only the second-most alarming message he sent to potential voters. Less open to humorous interpretation was his threat to default on U.S. debt in the event of a recession.

“I’ve borrowed knowing that you can pay back with discounts,” he told CNBC. “I would borrow knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal.”

This policy would be so disastrous that even its suggestion is dangerous. In the event of a recession, Trump would treat the full faith and credit of the United States to a capricious hair cut. As Josh Barro explained, this wouldn’t just represent a historic default, putting the U.S. in the position of a country like Greece or Argentina; it could also spark an international financial crisis, as “investors would cease to see Treasuries as a safe asset and demand higher interest rates in exchange for risk.”

Hey, I'll admit that I have partisan assertions at times. The thing I can't stand about liberals is they never admit it.

Hey, I'll admit that I have partisan assertions at times. The thing I can't stand about liberals is they never admit it.

Problem is that most of whom you call a "liberal" is just someone who disagrees with you. I can support all of my contentions either with updated news,, and information, the writings of the Founders, or Christ. You cannot, nor do you.

Aside from your usual lack of knowledge, it would appear that the small businessman was taken in by the huckster as well:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brockbl...etter-for-your-small-business/2/#fdcf99c1e1fc

"According to another Forbes contributor, most businesses that pay taxes on their individual tax report already pay a tax rate at or below 15 percent. So the flat tax actually wouldn’t benefit them. Similar to the hurdles Clinton’s proposals face, Trump hasn’t given a detailed plan to how the tax reforms and changes will be paid for.

When it comes to over regulation limiting economic growth, Trump continues to be vague. Besides his proposed tax reform, unfortunately there hasn’t been any specific plans or initiatives to help small businesses across the U.S. This is a missed opportunity for Trump. He keeps claiming that he is a successful businessman that cares about Main Street America, but his actions haven’t backed up his claims, nor has he laid out how he plans to follow through."

Werbung:
Back