Trump and the economy

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I heard that Trump wants to boost the economy by investing heavily in the US infrastructure (streets, bridges, airports), probably a good thing.

But I also heard he wants to lower taxes. And the US deficit already is high, so new debt is problematic.

So where will the money come from?

Werbung:
Obviously, the money will appear by magic and make America great again.

Seriously, Trump has a lot of high sounding ideas and sound bytes, but is very short on detail of how to put these ideas into practice.

It always struck me as funny that liberals can produce fantastic Hollywood movies and great sounding songs, but they don't have a clue about economics and how to properly run our country. Which is why liberals should never be in charge of our national government. On November 8th 2016, the American people got it right.

I heard that Trump wants to boost the economy by investing heavily in the US infrastructure (streets, bridges, airports), probably a good thing.

But I also heard he wants to lower taxes. And the US deficit already is high, so new debt is problematic.

So where will the money come from?
The improved economy. it's already started. ditch obamacare and cut those taxes. Lots of ways but the main thing returning to an expanding economy.

Go, tell that to all the liberals in Silicon Valley!

That always gets exaggerated because it's in California.

California is not all liberal. I would have to believe that the vast majority of those working in Silicon Valley voted for Donald Trump.

The improved economy. it's already started. ditch obamacare and cut those taxes. Lots of ways but the main thing returning to an expanding economy.

Absolutely...and what liberals don't comprehend quite yet is that there are already hundreds of millions of dollars spent each year on infrastructure, and Trump will use that money more efficiently.

California is not all liberal. I would have to believe that the vast majority of those working in Silicon Valley voted for Donald Trump.

First, you state that liberals have no clue about economics, and now, as I mention all the liberal Silicon Valley business leaders, you change to speaking about "not all liberal". Very funny.

First, you state that liberals have no clue about economics, and now, as I mention all the liberal Silicon Valley business leaders, you change to speaking about "not all liberal". Very funny.

o_O

Read it again, I've got confidence in ya - you'll figure it out.

But it's your forum, if you say it's very funny, then it's very funny. ;)

That always gets exaggerated because it's in California.

You're right that California is not all "liberal", meaning Democratic. The Central Valley, farm country, is Republican despite Trump's laughable assertion that there is no drought here. Northern California, the part that wants to combine with southern Oregon and create the new state (very red) of Jefferson is overwhelmingly Republican.
Silicon Valley, however, is a part of the San Francisco Bay area, all bright blue.

You're right that California is not all "liberal", meaning Democratic. The Central Valley, farm country, is Republican despite Trump's laughable assertion that there is no drought here. Northern California, the part that wants to combine with southern Oregon and create the new state (very red) of Jefferson is overwhelmingly Republican.
Silicon Valley, however, is a part of the San Francisco Bay area, all bright blue.

We all know the San Francisco area is infested with liberals. To clarify my position, "Silicon Valley" when discussing the economy, normally refers to the high tech companies and employees located and working there, not the entire population living there.

Yes, I'm sure the entire population living there is overwhelmingly liberal. However, business owners and entrepreneurs, and their employees, generally overwhelmingly vote Republican. I'm also sure in that particular area, it is skewed a bit more towards the Democrats, but I'll stand by my comment "I would have to believe that the vast majority of those working in Silicon Valley voted for Donald Trump."

Werbung:

Off topic, but to expand on your sentence "Northern California, the part that wants to combine with southern Oregon and create the new state (very red) of Jefferson is overwhelmingly Republican."

I think the electoral college would be better served if the states broke it up into regions of sorts. I said this before the election, and even though my candidate Trump won, I still say it. The number of electoral votes per state, of course couldn't be changed, but the states could fractionalize it in some way, for example, to give every county a vote fraction in the presidential election.

Back