The useless war against drugs in Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a way for them to bring in funds and basically use it to fight a war... I am not sure how you can claim that just because they were selling something that was not illegal persay that they money was somehow used for good purposes.

I didn't say or imply the money was used for good purposes. I said, the severity and dimension of the Hezbollah selling counterfeit products doesn't hold a matchstick against the crimes being committed in this drug war. Totally apples and oranges.

Werbung:
Mexico's Pemex sues 5 firms over fuel thefthttp://www.laprensasa.com/2.0/3/309...ico-s-PEMEX-sues-5-firms-over-fuel-theft.html

Mexico City, Jun 7 (EFE).- State-owned Petroleos Mexicanos announced Monday that it filed a lawsuit in U.S. federal court against five companies the Mexican oil giant accuses of trading in fuel stolen from PEMEX.

The suit before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, based in Houston, is aimed at stopping the sale in the United States of condensate stolen from Pemex facilities in northern Mexico, the plaintiff said in a statement.

Recent years have seen repeated thefts of valuable condensate from Mexican pipelines and an investigation aided by U.S. authorities has resulted in guilty pleas from five individuals, Pemex said.

That probe, according to PEMEX, uncovered evidence that five firms: Murphy Energy, Trammo Petroleum, Valley Fuels, US Petroleum Depot and the U.S. division of Germany's BASF SE - were complicit with the fuel-smuggling ring.

PEMEX is seeking to recoup the value of the stolen fuel and to shut down the illicit market for smuggled condensate.

The lawsuit filed by Mexico's largest enterprise also asserts that organized-crime elements threatened and intimidated employees of Pemex Exploracion y Produccion to carry out the thefts.

Last August, U.S. officials gave a $2.4 million check to Mexico as restitution for part of the money earned from sales of oil stolen from PEMEX pipelines and sold north of the border.

John Morton, assistant secretary of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said during a ceremony in San Antonio, Texas, that criminals, including drug cartel members, have stolen thousands of gallons of oil from PEMEX pipelines over a number of years.

This isn’t Irak nor Afghanistan. Is Ciudad Juarez, the Mexican border City near El Paso; Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CItXmyWbOg
"...Again, I only know that my Dope is cheaper than ever, I can buy it whenever I want and frankly, NOBODY Cares if thousands of Brownies shoot themselves to supply our Weed... Sorry! He, he...".

everythingundercontrol.jpg

Believe it or not

In Mexico, jail inmates are inside prison only by day
At night, they are not only absolutely free outside, but they carry weapons furnished by jail employees and with them they usually kill people

Another mightmare in our democratic mexico

Believe it or not

At night, they are not only absolutely free outside, but they carry weapons furnished by jail employees and with them they usually kill people

Isn't that astounding? I read about it in the morning paper.

Here's a link.

MEXICO CITY (AP) ― Guards and officials at a prison in northern Mexico allegedly let inmates out, lent them guns and sent them off in official vehicles to carry out drug-related killings, including the massacre of 17 people last week, prosecutors said Sunday.

Nightly tour between murderers and police, of course, outside prison.
NIGHTLYTOURBETWEENPOLICEANDMURDERERS.jpg

Jail in Gómez Palacio, Dgo.: The innmates are the bosses

jailinMexico.jpg

votosnulosparapoliticosnulos.jpg

Believe it or not

And here I thought that it was the fault of the American Second Amendment that there was so much gun violence in Mexico. Not only do we need a fence separating Mexico from the U.S. We also need a moat, Land mines, and a free fire zone. The boarder should be closed with no traffic either way. Americans: Stay in the U.S. and stop spending money in Mexico. Mexicans: You need to resurrect Emiliono Zapata and fix your own problems.

And here I thought that it was the fault of the American Second Amendment that there was so much gun violence in Mexico. Not only do we need a fence separating Mexico from the U.S. We also need a moat, Land mines, and a free fire zone. The boarder should be closed with no traffic either way. Americans: Stay in the U.S. and stop spending money in Mexico. Mexicans: You need to resurrect Emiliono Zapata and fix your own problems.
Where do you think they get their weapons? Only in Mexican prisons? Don't be so naive!

OURNEIGHBORHELP.jpg

resultadosdesusdrogadictos1.jpg

Or, we could secure our borders and reform our drug laws.

Or not. The alternative is to deal with a failed state on our southern border and a few more million illegal aliens in our own country.

losEstadosUnidosdeAmnesiaestnrequetepreocupadosporAfganistan.jpg

now more than 24,000 on this sacred date.

Translation of cartoon:

The Afgan police and army are incompetent, the government corrupt and dispicable.

the Pakistani Secret Service is helping the Taliban, and Al Qaeda will kill you.

They hate you because of the thousands of Afgan civilians we have killed.

This is your mission impossible to solve.

Or, we could secure our borders and reform our drug laws.

Or not. The alternative is to deal with a failed state on our southern border and a few more million illegal aliens in our own country.

It is a failed state on our southern border. And "bandaids" (secure our borders and reform our drug laws), will not fix anything.

Werbung:
Here again we have an example of just how feeble the leftwing mind is.

There is a claim that some 90% of the weapons smuggled into Mexico come from the US. This is BS, and cannot be supported by any facts.

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20090708_mexico_economics_and_arms_trade

Then there is the claim that Mexican prisons allow inmates to be free at night to kill citizens, etc. Again, this is a claim against ONE mexican prison, and cannot be proven by facts. Notably, the Mexican judicial system is corrupt, as is the government itself, however, one should rely on facts, not speculation.

Securing the border, which the leftist mind objects to, would be the ONLY way to insure that guns are not smuggled South, and that drugs are not smuggled North. However, the leftist mentality would prefer to allow the borders to be open, and they would rather legalize drugs, and give illegals amnesty, instead of truely doing something that would curtail, not eliminate of course, the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back